Bas134

Aug 2, 2017
@Vilsa Nara I have to admit I found a game I really like. Your design of Jenna is awesome, story you are presenting is also awesome. I hope you will continue (and develop more) those BDSM/Dom/Mind control fetishes.
About 'vibrosuit' I think it has a huge potential for this game, you have a lot of possibilities what it could do / what could happen to Jenna. As said above, suit infected with virus is really interesting idea. (My opinion) Also, in a moment she wakes in that cell she could have a 'collar' or something like this around her neck that would be dormant that time but later in game it might activate.
I was also thinking if you are going to implement a 'corruption' system for Jenna which could be useable (g.e) in battles. Something like if she loose a fight, she would be used by enemy soldiers. If she lost XY fights, she would unlock ability to seduce a soldier when 1v1 and close to him. If she lost/seduced YX times she would upgade her 'Seduce' ability and would be able to seduce 1v2 soldiers if they were close enough.

Anyway, keep up the good work
Your supporter ;)

Vilsa Nara

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
@Vilsa Nara I have to admit I found a game I really like. Your design of Jenna is awesome, story you are presenting is also awesome. I hope you will continue (and develop more) those BDSM/Dom/Mind control fetishes.
About 'vibrosuit' I think it has a huge potential for this game, you have a lot of possibilities what it could do / what could happen to Jenna. As said above, suit infected with virus is really interesting idea. (My opinion) Also, in a moment she wakes in that cell she could have a 'collar' or something like this around her neck that would be dormant that time but later in game it might activate.
I was also thinking if you are going to implement a 'corruption' system for Jenna which could be useable (g.e) in battles. Something like if she loose a fight, she would be used by enemy soldiers. If she lost XY fights, she would unlock ability to seduce a soldier when 1v1 and close to him. If she lost/seduced YX times she would upgade her 'Seduce' ability and would be able to seduce 1v2 soldiers if they were close enough.

Anyway, keep up the good work
Your supporter ;)
Thanks for the love! We'd like to have Jenna's corruption take a part in combat, but we don't want to implement a system where you have to lose because that's a little counterintuitive from a game design standpoint. We try to spin the game in a way that rewards the player for winning and that's why you get the better scene when you actually win the Leath fight. Having a collar would be an awesome addition, and we'll try to look into adding that in a future update.

Splitting this into two posts, cuz it was getting a little bloated.

So the trapper already has some vibro-gimmicks. Robots and machines are always fun for fetish-stuff.
Some sort of seat that Jenna sits down in and traps her would be interesting.

I'm super against in preg, birth or bugs. So if those things are in the game, I'd prefer them to be easily skipable.

Comments on combat...
Shooting and moving reminds me of Xcom. Is there functional Cover in this game?
Edit: Looks like aiming is LOS, so cover does sorta work.

Secondly, Jenna doesn't actually feel that mobile.
She has three dashes, but their range is pretty limited, and her on-foot movement is laughable.
She has three actions per turn, but you can easily blow all three just moving a handful of tiles.

Edit: Didn't realize that dashes recharge per turn. I assume you're intended to dash every single turn then, or multiple times per turn.
That makes Jenna much more mobile.

For the boss-fight, it feels like you should have a way of taking the engineers down yourself.
Blowing up their mines (by shooting? Dashing through?) while they're standing in the radius?
So you have a choice between getting them sex-cannoned, or just 'defeated'
Actually, the grenadier's bombs should really hurt their own people too. It's nice to have more options to take the bad-dudes down with.

Will this boss-battle always be a failure like this, or will there be a way to win without getting hit with the sex-cannon? (exploding computer console damages her armour and the rest happens as normal?)
It doens't much matter to me, but I understand some people like to do 'pure' runs, where they avoid everything.
Seems counterproductive to me, but eh.

Edit: Exploring the abandoned base, and I'm really feeling that the phone/PDA thing could use some sort of map.
Ok, playing version 1.1 downloaded, runs much better.

First comment I have is on tone.
The game opens with someone having been kidnapped and raped, and then the first level begins and you go, what is essentially a calming walk in the park.

There's no feeling of tension. It feels like the first section of the game should be infiltrating a big-shell style military base. Metal walls and patrolling goons, not an idyllic stroll through the woods while peaceful music plays.

In the patch-notes you mentioned 'fixing' coffee-guy in 1.1, but I'm playing that and if this is fixed, I can't imagine what it was like before.
The main character herself keeps commenting on how stupid it is that she's doing this, even while she does it. Which only serves to highlight how dumb the segment is, while not actually doing anything about it.

She can't go over or through the fence?
If the only way to get through that fence really is with the guy's key, then the correct answer is to take it.
If he's deliberately obstructing a rescue-mission, then he's the enemy.
The correct response is to cold-cock him and take the key from his body.

Wasting time doing some asshole's chores while your friend is in the hands of people who you were just told are depraved and probably intend to 'turn her into a stripper' is kind of stupid.

Coffee-making is a decent intro to the quest-system and collecting pickups from the environment, but tonally, it feels completely out of place.
I'd suggest either A: scrapping the whole sequence. Maybe reuse the art for bending down and wet jumpsuit at later points. (crossing a creek in the woods?)

B: Moving it to another time. Maybe have an actual prologue before Karen is kidnapped? So there's no time-pressure and you can do dumb chores like this.

Or C: completely change the quest so that it makes sense for someone in Vibe's position to actually stop on her mission to do something.

For example, instead of 'make me coffee, bitch.' you need to go get the key from his hut, so her actions are still pushing the end-goal of moving forwards.
Maybe it's not a flimsy looking fence, but a big concrete barrier, and a door that can't be opened without power, so you need to trip a breaker or something before the door will open.
Grumpy-guy can be the guy helping you get past the barrier, instead of the asshole in your way who (for some reason) you aren't allowed to punch.

Alternatively, punch him.
Use it as an intro to the combat mechanics. Have a big prompt that pops up when he pulls that 'make me coffee' line that says 'Press X to attack' and you just beat the shit out of him and take his key.

Also, minor note: In the current version, you trade coffee for the key, but Grumpy man still opens the gate himself.
Presumably with the key he just gave you.

For the rest of it... I'd say stray as far from Overwatch as you can. Do your own thing.

For fetishes... Straight, les, bondage. Could do some interesting things with a 'vibrosuit'

Getting her suit corrupted with some sort of virus that makes it randomly vibrate could be fun. Especially if she can't take it off because she needs it for her powers.
We're aiming for a lighthearted tone, where the main character is someone who wouldn't harm anyone that isn't a threat to her. We also want it to be silly and have that sort of contrast where a big hero is doing these silly tasks for someone else. She's never failed a mission, so she's extremely confident and that's why she's incredibly casual when it comes to this one. Imagine if it was Mario and he knows he's going to save the girl every time. She's not a cold calculating person that would take out some guy just because he's in her way.

The key that the grumpy man gives you is the key to his house, not the key to the gate. When you give the coffee to him, he takes both items back.

Having more than one gimmick for the boss fight would get a little confusing and would require us to overhaul it, which would take away from new content that we could have added in its place.

I love the ideas with the vibrosuit, we'll look into getting those in. Bondage is another thing that we'll want to get in.

Thanks so much for the suggestions and criticisms!

Reactions: ponyguy

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
We're aiming for a lighthearted tone.
That doesn't really fit with the enemy you have though.

Jenna acts cocky and lighthearted, but given that the enemy she's facing has already kidnapped and is currently raping/brainwashing her girlfriend, she comes across as kind of an arrogant idiot for doing so.

That's why she loses at the end of the boss-fight too. Even if you win, she's so cocky and off-guard that she gets taken down anyway, which leads to... the entire game, basically.
The fact that the enemy group seems to have conquered the world in her absence and now fields goon-squads who randomly rape women who are out after curfew only adds to the impression that she's arrogantly underestimating a very dangerous threat.

Is it a lighthearted romp, or are the enemies genuinely threatening? You can't really have both.
The computer-logs that you find scattered around, detailing Project Mindcrush are rather dark too. Especially the note stating that it causes permanent brain-damage to the subjects, after long-term exposure.

So not only are they kidnapping and enslaving people, erasing their wills, they're eventually killing them too.
These people have Jenna's girlfriend. And she doesn't seem terribly concerned about that. Lackadaisical enough to be doing some guy's chores instead of pressuring him about the key.

I mean, she doesn't find those computer-logs until after the coffee-guy, but she her comment about 'not letting the turn (her) into a stripper' shows that she's atleast aware of their MO.
Yet she doesn't seem bothered that they have her girlfriend. Does she just not care about Karen?

She's not a cold calculating person that would take out some guy just because he's in her way.
He's not just 'in her way' though, he's actively preventing her from carrying out a rescue mission. That all but makes him an enemy combatant.
At the very least, waving her badge or gun in his face to get him to comply would be more sensible than running off to do his chores while her girlfriend is being held captives by terrorists.

As for the boss-fight mechanics... you already have explosive barrels that can be shot to cause damage to people nearby, right? if the mines (or the bombs that grenadier's throw) behaved the same way, and enemies took damage from it, it'd add new tactical options to combat.

As soon as I saw the grenadier type enemy, I tried to use his bombs against the grunts around him, but it doesn't seem to work.

I can understand not wanting to mess with the bossfight, but the grenadier or the electric-cage (or other types of area-effect things that enemies use) should effect the badguys too.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zanax and Iramis

Escalon

Nov 11, 2017
@Vilsa Nara On a more serious note, keep up with your OWN design choice, as i would like to see all the sick stuff (there is only a handful of games that have the stuff i listed) i support you because the game is fun to play, i like the combat, and its just refreshing. Just take it at your own pace and deliver something YOU guys want.

Not to mention, i've seen too many promising games just left for dead because the Dev(s) were trying to please everyone, you will never achieve that, i rather have a fun game i can play more often then i game where its all the fetishes, all the stuff, but like 20 mins of contend :]

I can understand not wanting to mess with the bossfight, but the grenadier or the electric-cage (or other types of area-effect things that enemies use) should effect the badguys too.
But then again, you would not deploy something that could harm yourself right ? :]

Best regards, The Sickening Owl :)

Reactions: ponyguy

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Not to mention, i've seen too many promising games just left for dead because the Dev(s) were trying to please everyone, you will never achieve that, i rather have a fun game i can play more often then i game where its all the fetishes, all the stuff, but like 20 mins of contend :]
Oh yeah, that's true. Trying to add all sorts of fetishes (specially ones that you yourself don't care about) can only end poorly. Better to pick a theme that you enjoy.
In this case, it seems to be mind-control, degradation and electronics, which is fine with me.

But then again, you would not deploy something that could harm yourself right ? :]
Yes?
I mean, everyone who's ever used any explosive in a combat situation is tossing out something that'll hurt them if they're in the radius.

I guess I can understand the trapper being insulated against his own cage, or some future gas-using enemy having an air-tank or something. Bombs are kind of hard to make yourself immune to, though.

Part of the reason I keep bringing up the grenadier is because there's an explosive barrel in the area where you fight the first one.
If the grenadier or any of the grunts are next to the barrel when it explodes, they die, but they can stand next to the bombs while they go off, and they don't get hurt. Unless said bomb also set the barrel off, in which case they die.
It just comes across as a little weird.

If the bombs were elecro-bombs or something instead, then you could just say that the enemy all have insulated bodysuits, and it's be easy. Being explosives though... they're vulnerable to explosions, but only when it's not their own explosive.

Also, the boss-fight's mechanic about using your enemy's weapon against her goons makes it seem like this might be a theme.
It'd be a neat gimmick for combat, using your superior mobility to cause enemies to hurt themselves.
Especially after the end of the demo when your guns don't work anymore.

Escalon

Nov 11, 2017
@iamnuff honestly i think you are reading into it too much, its the first boss fight, i mean does it really matter that much if the bombs harm them or not ?

• Angry
Reactions: Zanax

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
@iamnuff honestly i think you are reading into it too much, its the first boss fight, i mean does it really matter that much if the bombs harm them or not ?
Like I said, I'm not talking about the boss-fight, so much as the grenadiers and trapper-type enemies.

Standard enemies (I assume) who throw big aoe attacks around.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
but we don't want to implement a system where you have to lose because that's a little counterintuitive from a game design standpoint.
Bummer. That's a shame. I'm a sucker for ''game over rape''. Would've been nice if, for example, losing to the regular enemies had a scene with them violating Vibe. Or at the very least have some CG during the chair scene, since that apparently only happens if you lose to the regular enemies.
But oh well. If ''winning'' fights gets me scenes like the one after the Leath boss fight then that should be more than enough to scratch my ''rape on loss'' itch. Truly losing is winning and winning is losing. :p

Reactions: Gomez

Vilsa Nara

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Bummer. That's a shame. I'm a sucker for ''game over rape''. Would've been nice if, for example, losing to the regular enemies had a scene with them violating Vibe. Or at the very least have some CG during the chair scene, since that apparently only happens if you lose to the regular enemies.
But oh well. If ''winning'' fights gets me scenes like the one after the Leath boss fight then that should be more than enough to scratch my ''rape on loss'' itch. Truly losing is winning and winning is losing. :p
I never said we won't have those sorts of scenes, we just don't want progression to be people grinding out losses. We want defeat scenes just like you, but it just probably won't say game over at the end of them. :p

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
I never said we won't have those sorts of scenes, we just don't want progression to be people grinding out losses. We want defeat scenes just like you, but it just probably won't say game over at the end of them. :p
Well, shit, that's even better. I guess I misunderstood. Since you did say you didn't want to implement a system where we have to lose I assumed that meant there wouldn't be any scenes for losing fights. Glad I was wrong. I like defeat scenes where you can continue playing after more than ones that lead to a game over. Like I said, I have a ''rape on loss'' itch. :p So this is certainly good news. I didn't think I could get more excited for this game. :eazyHype:
Only way it could get any better is if you told me there's gonna be plenty of ''bad'' endings.

Reactions: Escalon

Vilsa Nara

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Well, shit, that's even better. I guess I misunderstood. Since you did say you didn't want to implement a system where we have to lose I assumed that meant there wouldn't be any scenes for losing fights. Glad I was wrong. I like defeat scenes where you can continue playing after more than ones that lead to a game over. Like I said, I have a ''rape on loss'' itch. :p So this is certainly good news. I didn't think I could get more excited for this game. :eazyHype:
Only way it could get any better is if you told me there's gonna be plenty of ''bad'' endings.
Bad endings are something we wanna approach carefully. We don't want them to be something you accidentally stumble into without a save, but (usually) something you consciously choose to put Jenna through. They're definitely something that we would like to have though, so no worries! These are just things that we'll figure out when we're later on development. ;)

Reactions: ponyguy and Aazkaal

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Bad endings are something we wanna approach carefully. We don't want them to be something you accidentally stumble into without a save, but (usually) something you consciously choose to put Jenna through. They're definitely something that we would like to have though, so no worries! These are just things that we'll figure out when we're later on development. ;)
Oh, of course. Stuff like getting a prostitute ending if you go too far into the prostitute path, and similar things, is what I meant. Clear, obvious choices that will result in ''less than desirable'' outcomes. Well, less than desirable for Vibe maybe. Not for me. :angel:
Can't wait. :eazyHype:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
There's a defeat scene in the demo. Losing to either the grunts or the boss results in the same thing. Which isn't the same as the scene you get for beating (then being captured by) the boss.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
There's a defeat scene in the demo. Losing to either the grunts or the boss results in the same thing. Which isn't the same as the scene you get for beating (then being captured by) the boss.
I'm well aware. Losing was the first thing I did. :p
I meant defeat scenes with CG though. Like the one you get for ''beating'' the boss. Sadly there's no CG in the chair scene.

FinalSquall

Dec 12, 2017
Hey this looks promising, I wish you luck with it.

One comment tho, does anyone else think something about Jenna's face looks slightly male like?

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Hey this looks promising, I wish you luck with it.

One comment tho, does anyone else think something about Jenna's face looks slightly male like?
I think it's meant to be. I'd like a more feminile face myself though.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Her chin looks sharp enough to cut diamond, but other than that, I don't see anything wrong with her face.

dglnds

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Tried it, loved it, definitely keeping an eye on it!
love the whole slow possible corruption angle, at least thats my initial thought about it. Am I right to assume that there'll be opportunities for the player to choose wether Jenna submits or resists her "brainwashing" (if thats what it is)?

Edit: you kinda answered that in the game description didn't you...hmm...nevermind then

Reactions: Vilsa Nara
4.60 star(s) 98 Votes