rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
Because this non-SE Season 4 edition does not work with a SE Season 3 end of episode save, right?

So I must either wait and hope for a SE Season 4 edition to magically appear...
Or, if I've been playing exclusively SE Seasons, get a hold of a non-SE Season 3 end of episode save...
Or go back and play through all three prior non-SE Seasons in order to obtain the non-SE Season 3 end of episode save required by this non-SE Season 4 edition...
Or splash out $25 myself for the SE Season 4 edition...
Or find something else with which to occupy my time...

Did I miss anything or am I completely misguided in my assumptions here?
Historically the SE version comes out pretty quickly after the non-SE. In fact if you use the gallery unlocker mod, you'll see that SE Bonus content is already viewable but not yet playable w/non-SE. If you want to avoid ALL (or most) problems, simply wait another week or two and the SE version usually finds its way to f95zone. However, if you don't want to wait and wish to play non-SE first, allow me to offer this battle-tested suggestion.

I got confused and frustrated a few non-SE and SE seasons/versions back. Crashes, saves wouldn't work, etc. I was also using the SanchoMod (which only comes out on SE versions btw) and that was complicating things even more. I finally figured out the best thing to do was avoid crossing the non-SE and SE streams and I have had zero issues since. You can start over from Season 1 but I used the switch from Season 2 and Season 3 to restart. Can't remember if I had to use a clean Season 2 non-SE save or just answered the Season 3 Q/A at the intro but the idea is start a season, any season, with a clean, non-SE save and go from there.

Here is the process.
PART 1 - Non-SE Version
1. Install non-SE version
2. Use a clean start not corrupted by mods or other SE versions. NOTE: DO NOT use SanchoMod w/non-SE versions.
3. Play non-SE version, create saves as usual.
4. When finished, keep non-SE version w/saves in separate folder from SE version for use w/later non-SE AND SE versions.
5. Only use non-SE saves when next non-SE version drops.

PART 2 - SE Version
1. Install SE version when available.
2. Install SanchoMod (optional).
3. Copy non-SE saves, or most recent save to SE "saves" folder. NOTE: Non-SE saves work going forward w/SE but SE saves often don't work backwards w/non-SE.
4. Launch SE version using non-SE save.
5. Having already played non-SE content, it is not necessary to play over. Only SE content (Bonus, etc.) that was not SE-specific is now available.
6. Play SE version, create saves as usual.
7. Keep SE version and SE saves in separate folder from non-SE.

From there you can:
1. Rinse and repeat when the next non-SE version drops.
OR
2. Stay in SE world ONLY and use SE saves in future SE versions.

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
how do i import my saves? because when i go the the import saves tab nothing shows up.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Because this non-SE Season 4 edition does not work with a SE Season 3 end of episode save, right?

Or, if I've been playing exclusively SE Seasons, get a hold of a non-SE Season 3 end of episode save...
Or go back and play through all three prior non-SE Seasons in order to obtain the non-SE Season 3 end of episode save required by this non-SE Season 4 edition...

"Did I miss anything or am I completely misguided in my assumptions here?"

Yes, you missed something. You don't ever have to wait for me. SanchoMod is immortal because I'm not an asshole like many might think (I'm usually blunt but not sugar-coating things doesn't an asshole make). I don't force you to replay from the very beginning of a VN if I die or if you become impatient waiting on a new mod revision (and yes, I currently mod SE version, very rarely a non-SE version but it has happened in the past). So, if you later install a new version of the VN and don't want to wait for me to code it then simply install the "SaveFixer" found in the mods' OP onto an unmodded VN installation. That will allow you to load saves made previously using SanchoMod.

Very important: Do NOT forget you did this later as that "SaveFixer" file MUST be manually deleted before installing a new version of SanchoMod later (if you choose to do so). It's always one or the other: SanchoMod or SaveFixer, never ever both. They simply don't play nice with each other. It will at first appear that they do but you will soon find that nasty things happen if you have both installed at the same time... so I implore you not to ever do that.

Make sense?

Reactions: TheSidewinder

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Then get the previous Season 4 Episode 26 SE....and wait for the next SE.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how do i import my saves? because when i go the the import saves tab nothing shows up.
You must first have a previous Season export data file to import, otherwise there's obviously nothing to import. Did you export your last season? If so then it's automatically recognized. If not, go back to your last Season installation and export your data when prompted at the end. It's easy-peasy.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
I forgot how much I enjoyed this game and it's writing.
For reference it's the scene after the mc beats up Goldy's dad.
screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0001.png

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
So just played through the game and I got a bit curious about Audrey + Ryona. Played through mods for all of it to keep track on choices and outcomes and I noticed the whole Audrey preg part and that I seemed to miss out on Ryona if I went for Audrey so I went still went with Audrey but used a save editor to get some flags and points for Ryona so I could get her content going from season 2. Everything seemed fine until I got to season 4 when the game flagged audrey as pregnant = false which I'm guessing is because the game or sancho's mod read out flags for Ryona that is impossible if audrey is gf/preg so are the two exclusive from one another? Also is there any info on Audrey coming back or was she cut out of the game?

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
So just played through the game and I got a bit curious about Audrey + Ryona. Played through mods for all of it to keep track on choices and outcomes and I noticed the whole Audrey preg part and that I seemed to miss out on Ryona if I went for Audrey so I went still went with Audrey but used a save editor to get some flags and points for Ryona so I could get her content going from season 2. Everything seemed fine until I got to season 4 when the game flagged audrey as pregnant = false which I'm guessing is because the game or sancho's mod read out flags for Ryona that is impossible if audrey is gf/preg so are the two exclusive from one another? Also is there any info on Audrey coming back or was she cut out of the game?
Audrey is trash and deleted from game. Vicki is the new GOAT. (jk)
But yeah, Audrey is a goner. No loss IMO

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Better disable your notifications until SE drops mate... LMAO!!!!!!!
Honestly, half the time my pings don't even work (I don't get all notifications, maybe half of them). SonsOLiberty tries to ping me in most VN's since the threads haven't pinged me in a while, but now even his latest posts pinging me directly don't even flag. At this rate being a black sheep 'round here will have it where I can't even log into the damn site! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: riddikk91 and cxx
3.50 star(s) 101 Votes