Mod Ren'Py Thirsty for My Guest [S4 Ep. 28SE] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Working great and looks good. Only minor issue I ran into was while trying to adjust the outline of the text. Opened sancho options, changed the setting, closed options and saw no change, unlike text size which responded immediately. So, I assumed that feature just didn't work. Then I was like, well this is Sancho, there's no way it just doesn't work, so set it to Preferred and then back to default, and adjusted things as I liked, the outline feature now fully working.

So that's my feedback and a general thank you for making games better. (y)
Good morning. Yeah, I've been trying to find a simple way to explain to folks some oddities they'll find when they've used a previous SanchoMod written in Core v5 and load those saves initially in the new Core v6. I reworked the way the dialogue and associated effects work, and tried to get the new code to recognize as much from the save file as possible to replicate it. In doing so a few things like outlines you mentioned and QuickMenu alignment (left/center/right), even the HoverHelp doesn't work 100% on immediate loading of an older save (loading a save made while using v6 works without a hitch to be clear) until you trigger certain option events on/off or a screen refreshes after the load.

In other words, once you make a new save using the latest mod and later load it you won't get those phenomena. Generally when loading a save made with a previous version of SanchoMod but you should only experience that "clunkiness" initially.

Honestly this is why I slowly migrate new features into the mod from my private model, including the newest Menu Choice opacity adjustment. If I throw to much at once and folks load an older save there would be a process of turning options and screens visible on initial load on/off to basically "reset" the old versus new code.

The above is a crappy explanation of course (I'm still on my first cup of coffee) as I know exactly what's happening but putting it into more layman's terms gets wonky sometimes. Let me know if you notice any oddity from a newer save load though... nothing weird should happen in that case. Thank you and regards.

Reactions: binglebangles

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
TFMG.exe has stopped working error any ideas??? game works fine without mod.
Attach traceback file and a small screenshot of the main screen if available. Need more info in general. What platform are you trying to run on, did you install inside a new/clean copy, etc.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
win 7 64b yes new install.
From the traceback it appears you don't have the mod itself installed, only the scripts file. Can you please insure that "SanchoMod.rpa" is located inside the "game" folder of your installation, as well as the subfolder (directory) "SanchoMod" under the "game" folder as well?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
of course theyre installed jeez.....
I'm trying to assist so I have to ask since I can't see your system, no need for any attitude bud.
Now, this (from the traceback) is occurring at the end of the "poker" scene, so is this occurring from loading a previous save while the poker game was in process? If so, reload that save and from the MiniMenu open the MiniStat screen then click on the toggle again to close it. That should reset that variable where the error is occurring for you. The reason I ask is I cannot replicate the error on my end and that variable NameError: name 'OO0O00O0O0OOO0OO0' is not defined is in every single one of my mods with tens of thousands of downloads with no issue... so I'm trying to isolate where yours is deriving from. I mention all this so you understand why I'm asking you the questions I am.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
as i said i cant play the game with ur mod so no minimenu or ministat....
With such limited information this is a needle in a haystack scenario. I don't have a Win7 machine to test on at the property I'm at currently so I simulated your environment the best I could. I even went so far as to strip that particular Python code out of the mod to try and force the error. When I do this the game load fine, it's only while playing the game and those Python functions are called upon do I get a crash with the same exception error. This makes little sense as the code clearly defines those functions and this particular error you're getting has NEVER popped by anyone ever in any of the mods I distribute (and they all have that particular Python function in them).

With that said I created you a special file that checks if those 2 exact functions exist when your game loads, and if they do not then it defines them again. I have a feeling this will resolve the error your getting but you're going to get others as there is something else wrong here but again I can't replicate the error naturally as you are experiencing.

Do this for me. DL and place the attached file inside the "game" subdirectory of the VN then run the game. Again, there's no way in the current code that function doesn't exist but this will force it to be defined otherwise. Maybe this will produce additional information to narrow down what is actually occurring on your end so I can troubleshoot properly. Regards.

Reactions: jackhack

scorpio99-bj

Jul 8, 2019
I get this only when trying to view the Bonus Scene with the gallery mod, all other gallery works just fine. (Season2)
screenshot0001.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I get this only when trying to view the Bonus Scene with the gallery mod, all other gallery works just fine. (Season2)
That occurs when you install S2 SE edition of the mod inside a non-SE VN version of S2. You need to download the VN's SE version of S2.

To elaborate I do not furnish image content. The error: IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/ep17bonus/SE-17-01.webm'. occurs when the game cannot find those image files. Again those image files are only included in the SE version of the VN, the mod does not contain them, only the scripts. Regards.

Thhuister

Mar 12, 2021
Install this game and when I go to install the mod, after converting the rpa, I open the game and it says that the mod is not installed and closes the game. Any tips to resolve this. I'm installing Version S3 Ep 21 SE for both the game and the Mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Install this game and when I go to install the mod, after converting the rpa, I open the game and it says that the mod is not installed and closes the game. Any tips to resolve this. I'm installing Version S3 Ep 21 SE for both the game and the Mod.
What exactly do you mean "after converting the rpa"? Don't do anything to the archives.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Expresso-me mal, quero dizer extrair para rpy, para que você possa traduzir.
Well, you can't unarchive the files, it doesn't work like that. If you need to translate the game then translate it first (unmodded of course), compile it, then add the mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Você está errado, porque eu posso traduzir arquivos rpy, porque eu faço isso com todos os jogos renpy. Eu até fiz isso com o S1 e S2 desse jogo e todos eles o mod funcionou bem o S3 não está funcionando que o MOD está com problema. Bem, não vou perder tempo discutindo um jogo que terá atualizações futuras, vou esperar o próximo, talvez o MOD seja corrigido.
I'm not wrong, the mod core changed as noted in the OP. This is not the old mod base code. I'm not saying you can't translate rpy files in general. I'm saying that if you want to translate the game and enjoy the mod that you must translate the game first then apply the mod intact. There is nothing to fix with the mod, it's not broken. Don't take it personal.

jackhack

Oct 3, 2017
With such limited information this is a needle in a haystack scenario. I don't have a Win7 machine to test on at the property I'm at currently so I simulated your environment the best I could. I even went so far as to strip that particular Python code out of the mod to try and force the error. When I do this the game load fine, it's only while playing the game and those Python functions are called upon do I get a crash with the same exception error. This makes little sense as the code clearly defines those functions and this particular error you're getting has NEVER popped by anyone ever in any of the mods I distribute (and they all have that particular Python function in them).

With that said I created you a special file that checks if those 2 exact functions exist when your game loads, and if they do not then it defines them again. I have a feeling this will resolve the error your getting but you're going to get others as there is something else wrong here but again I can't replicate the error naturally as you are experiencing.

Do this for me. DL and place the attached file inside the "game" subdirectory of the VN then run the game. Again, there's no way in the current code that function doesn't exist but this will force it to be defined otherwise. Maybe this will produce additional information to narrow down what is actually occurring on your end so I can troubleshoot properly. Regards.
thnx dude i did as u asked game works but no walkthrough or anything is active and i got some errors too. dont bother urself anymore with it thnx for the effort. respect

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
thnx dude i did as u asked game works but no walkthrough or anything is active and i got some errors too. dont bother urself anymore with it thnx for the effort. respect
I will see if I can grab a Win7 bench tester as this and other SanchoMod's haven't had issues regarding that before, even folks running Ubuntu Linux run it fine. This is extremely odd and I'll do what I can to find the true source of the issue. Knowing how Win7 works I'm wondering if we have a permissions issue. You don't happen to have another system you could install everything that's on a Win platform higher that 7 do you? I can simulate Win7 here but the last tower I had with it as the actual operating system got parted out some years back.

Reactions: jackhack

jackhack

Oct 3, 2017
I will see if I can grab a Win7 bench tester as this and other SanchoMod's haven't had issues regarding that before, even folks running Ubuntu Linux run it fine. This is extremely odd and I'll do what I can to find the true source of the issue. Knowing how Win7 works I'm wondering if we have a permissions issue. You don't happen to have another system you could install everything that's on a Win platform higher that 7 do you? I can simulate Win7 here but the last tower I had with it as the actual operating system got parted out some years back.
na dont bother thnx

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes