Mod Ren'Py Thirsty for My Guest [S4 Ep. 28SE] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Balu83

Jul 17, 2018
S3 ep20.5 update? walkthrough mod?
Good afternoon bud. As noted in the OP: " Mod updates will be on full Episode SE releases, not partial or half-episode releases unless critical ".

This is not necessarily a rule or me being an asshole but understand that the half-releases generally always come back to bite me, mostly due to mass wasted time. I'd much rather updated on whole-releases that are SE. I'd wager this half-release is just one or two scenes (if anything like the others).

Opera Momentaufnahme_2022-02-17_132332_f95zone.to.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, my gallery is not uncloked with the mod, is there a problem?
Indeed, there's a problem. You see SanchoMod doesn't "unlock" the OEM gallery as those are kept in place for "achievements" purposes. The mod has it's own gallery which is NOT locked. I never thought it was an issue to find, but here's the deal: From the main menu click "SanchoMod", then click "SanchoGallery". Profit. Pic below for visual instruction:

1645487925240.png
Take care and regards.

hippotastic

Mar 26, 2021
hello. I tried to use the S3 mod and it works great, got to see all the paths (scenes) I missed being thick.

Tried to use the TFMG-SEASON-02-SE - SanchoMod.zip in S2 but not joy. Oh I thought maybe it is that i do not have the SE version, so i redownloaded, and got this file Thirsty_for_My_Guest-SEASON-02-SE-pc.zip

Now when I run S2 with the mod (it worked fine and loaded my save without), I got the loading screen but not the menu, I think it is about to load the menu and then blinks out. So I tried again, but no joy. To get S2 working again, I need to re unzip it. I actually thought I could save myself if I rename scripts.rpa before extracting the mod but after it not working, deleting the SanchoMod.rpa, scripts.rpa and SanchoMod folder, renaming scriptsbak.rpa back to scripts.rpa, it still will not lead the menu. So I deleted it and re unzipped it.

If you have any advice, I am all ears please, because I am missing a lot of content here because I don't know what I don't know. Imagine going to see a film and only get half of it cause your thick? hmm any help appreciated.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hello. I tried to use the S3 mod and it works great, got to see all the paths (scenes) I missed being thick.

Tried to use the TFMG-SEASON-02-SE - SanchoMod.zip in S2 but not joy. Oh I thought maybe it is that i do not have the SE version, so i redownloaded, and got this file Thirsty_for_My_Guest-SEASON-02-SE-pc.zip

Now when I run S2 with the mod (it worked fine and loaded my save without), I got the loading screen but not the menu, I think it is about to load the menu and then blinks out. So I tried again, but no joy. To get S2 working again, I need to re unzip it. I actually thought I could save myself if I rename scripts.rpa before extracting the mod but after it not working, deleting the SanchoMod.rpa, scripts.rpa and SanchoMod folder, renaming scriptsbak.rpa back to scripts.rpa, it still will not lead the menu. So I deleted it and re unzipped it.

If you have any advice, I am all ears please, because I am missing a lot of content here because I don't know what I don't know. Imagine going to see a film and only get half of it cause your thick? hmm any help appreciated.
What Linux are you using? I know it works with Ubuntu... but you don't need to get cute with renaming or moving anything (don't do that). It is imperative that ALL of the contents of the mod DL are extracted INSIDE the "game" folder. Done correctly the OEM "scripts.rpa" will be overwritten by the mod's "scripts.rpa", the mod's "SanchoMod.rpa" will be inside the "game" folder, and the subfolder "SanchoMod" (which contains a key file as well) will be inside the "game" folder. With these three file/folder operations done then you will be good to go. If you start the VN and it gets to the main screen and then abruptly closes then one of the three operations above is NOT correctly installed.

With all that said I don't personally have a way to test within Linux, but (current compiled) SanchoMod is known to work proper and verified by trusted testers in Ubuntu.... the only issue I can think of regarding S2 of this mod is that it is older code so I can't remember if it was tested or not. Give me a bit today and I'll look at the archives and see if the OS re-coding work from the older code was indeed updated for S2. Regards.

Edit: confirmed that S2 SanchoMod (v5b) has the exact same OS compatibility code of the latest v5f SanchoMod code. What this means is that if SanchoMod works in S3 for you then there's no reason I can see that S2 won't work for you as well.

Last edited:

hippotastic

Mar 26, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I am using Manjaro, and have been for over a year, I use a lot of renpy and all good usually. I will do the extract on a windows machine and see if that works. This is the first time this sort of thing has happened, and I was doubly suprised as I did S3 first, worked great, went back to do S2 and no joy. I thought a first I put S3 into S2 but no. I will revert once I have tried windoze 10.

hippotastic

Mar 26, 2021
Well just tried it on my windoze laptop and it worked a charm. So I know my files and methods are working right, I also imported my saves, so all good. I tried again in Manjaro, and still it does not work. No problem, its an edge case and I can see what I wanted on the windoze laptop as it runs fine. Thanks for the time anyhow and thanks for the good work letting stoopids like moi see what they cant work out in game :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well just tried it on my windoze laptop and it worked a charm. So I know my files and methods are working right, I also imported my saves, so all good. I tried again in Manjaro, and still it does not work. No problem, its an edge case and I can see what I wanted on the windoze laptop as it runs fine. Thanks for the time anyhow and thanks for the good work letting stoopids like moi see what they cant work out in game :)
No, it's not stupid... just technical. I get it. At least you found a way to get what you needed, that's the most important. When I'm done with current mod coding and updating and have time to revisit S2 of this VN I'll msg you to see if you're up for helping me with internal testing. Maybe we can sort it out. SanchoMod is not the average mod, it's python code is pretty deep and since I'm PC and code these for my personal use I haven't tested on all other platforms and tweaked code as needed tbh. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
duanhu520 Geez bud, you scared the shit out of me with that "yay, new update" as I'm knee-deep into several other projects at the moment...gah! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: m1st3r1

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
In preparation of next whole S3 SE release, the links in the OP have been updated to the latest SanchoMod Core code which includes refinements, new features, and will hopefully insure faster future updates. Some of the newest features include:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom.
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity.
Regards and enjoy.

Last edited:

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
will this mod cover the first season too?? or oit start from ep 17 or so?? ii think i want to restart my game so i'm asking..thanks

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
Good evening. Please see post in this thread here. Regards.
Both Season 2 & Season 3 (separate mods) are in OP, which you have to physically click on which one you want before you can access the link so I had hoped it was obvious. Otherwise I made a post in this thread here regarding Season 1 (not my mod but Qleaf's). Saves made with that S1 mod may or may not be compatible so use at your own risk. Regards.
My Eng is too bad to translete this...
Can you just normaly say, were is link for Secone 1? 0_0

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My Eng is too bad to translete this...
Can you just normaly say, were is link for Secone 1? 0_0
Good morning. I hope this will translate for you: I didn't create a Season 1 mod in the past, Qfeaf already had one and it's in the VN's OP. All you have to do is look at the exact same place where you DL the VN:
1650373228157.png
Again, it is not my mod and my not be compatible with my Season 2 mod... I didn't check it personally as I don't use other mods.

Reactions: DrWho8248
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes