4.50 star(s) 57 Votes

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
So much to do though. It's a bit overwhelming. I feel like I'm rebuilding the entire UI. All the little things like moving side images and the VN's notifiers on a per Sancho setting, for example:
View attachment 2504821 View attachment 2504823
View attachment 2504825 View attachment 2504826

You can. Many devs do. Just please don't avalanche me with too much at once. It's not that I would mind bu I just have limited time and work any many projects during the day and have IRL responsibilities as well so sometimes it takes me time to reply to all the msgs I get. Regards.
Thanks, I will contact you in a day or so..
If you are working on anything, I would say hold off until we can talk, as I would like to correct the gui issues, and some old code before you waist time fixing something that will change on day 5.
I know things need fixed, have for awhile, I've just pushed myself to get to a point story wise before I even bothered with it. and day 5 is that time.

I think its funny you added the onscreen stats because I originally had that and everyone complained till I removed it.. lol. Oh well.

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
Ah. I wasn't telling Alex her breasts are small because I was trying to encourage her self image so she would show off more. But it's a bummer nothing comes of the corruption check.

Thanks for mini-guide though.
Their is a stat boost from this, which does allow other things. nothing immediate though. most choices aren't immediate.

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
Dev, consider hiring or recruiting a proof reader. This will allow you more time to refine the code and it's associated bugs. Just a thought and intended constructively. Regards.
I had one for awhile, but surprising had more issues then. Right now I am using grammarly, catches some but not all.
people get a little freaked when I send them a 10,000 line script to proof read.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If you are working on anything, I would say hold off until we can talk, as I would like to correct the gui issues, and some old code before you waist time fixing something that will change on day 5.
Yeah, I'm knee-deep. I've changed a ton of things already.:ROFLMAO:
Even added you a load/save page toggle since you don't have a proper nav system:
1680126684159.png
I think its funny you added the onscreen stats because I originally had that and everyone complained till I removed it.. lol. Oh well.
All my stats can be toggled on/off on the fly by either mouse menu click or hotkeys, sizes changed, etc. There's 3 different screens, one "mini", one "half-paged", and one "full-paged". Gives folks options.

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
Even added you a load/save page toggle since you don't have a proper nav system:

All my stats can be toggled on/off on the fly by either mouse menu click or hotkeys, sizes changed, etc. There's 3 different screens, one "mini", one "half-paged", and one "full-paged". Gives folks options.
My original stats was toggle able too. flyout with a small button on the side of the screen, not as advanced as yours though.

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022

Im sure you have realized I have been modifying a prexisting "Template", and i think that template was 720.. so yeah... a lot i need to fix and cleanup.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Im sure you have realized I have been modifying a prexisting "Template", and i think that template was 720.. so yeah... a lot i need to fix and cleanup.
Indeed I have, from the start I knew. It gave me a fit for a bit as I couldn't find the puke yellow on the buttons... it wasn't in gui script, nor screens... drove me nuts until I finally used a color picker and searched. You have some button styling hidden deep in playerstat code:
Python:
style button_text:
    color "#fff"
    selected_color "#ff0"
That's the culprit. I sorted by using a different init in my code (I don't like to alter original scripts, I highjack everything I can inside my own Core).

Reactions: 3DRComics

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fixed, Update pending, working on a few others as well.
For future editing... be consistent with either "step dad" or "stepdad", etc... it'll be easier for me to semi-"iPatch" the VN until you come up with your own solution. I can work with multiple spellings but it's obviously more to check and makes things a bit more complicated. Just sayin'.

Otherwise, this is how you build a custom iPatch... I didn't touch nor alter any of the original dev code. Example toggle in real-time:
Thirty SM B01a3a.jpg Thirty SM B01a3b.jpg

Last edited:

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Their is a stat boost from this, which does allow other things. nothing immediate though. most choices aren't immediate.
Yeah I saw her corruption went much higher at the end of that playthrough than on the other. I just didn't notice it immediately.

sfg

May 13, 2017
Sorry, not sure if I understand it correctly... will the female path be updated or is this it for this version? Seems there's much less content compared to the male path.

Thanks!

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
Sorry, not sure if I understand it correctly... will the female path be updated or is this it for this version? Seems there's much less content compared to the male path.

Thanks!
This is final for female content day 4, but day 5 will have more female content then male content as the story is changing for female route to make the stories different for male vs female

Reactions: Stringy Bob and sfg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Holy shit. You need advice before this all gets way out of hand brother.

3DRComics, good morning. Bud, you're simply killing your efficiency and likely your sanity the way you are juggling the 12 scenarios of 6 base Player paths each with "GameMode" (so each of the 6 x2). There is no need for 6 different scripts each containing 2 different menu choice blocks per "mode". This is the most inefficient way to do all of this and your suffocating yourself with redundancy.

You only need one script... just one. Not 6, and not 6 with two of the same blocks of menu choices per choice due to "GameMode". A few basic coding steps will resolve all of this for you and keep you better organized, more efficient, and maintain your sanity... or you will lose it as the VN progresses at this rate imho:
  • Use the Player character (one of six) variable to isolate specific dialogue when needed. Most of the dialogue is the same across the board, so use the Player's base character variable to isolate the one-liners.
  • Use ConditionSwitch as needed to change images/scenes on a case by case basis... let the coding language and the CPU work for you, not against you.
  • Use Menu Choice variables to set all your Player character and "GameMode" into one menu choice block. This is how RenPy's choice coding was designed to be used. You are using it in its most basic form which is causing you to write multiple choice blocks that are almost identical for absolutely no reason.
There's more but those three things alone would solve almost all of your scripting problems... and keep your creative flow moving forward instead of stopping and duplicating everything 12 times each.... that's insanity... again, imho. You only need one script... one. And it's flow does not need to be broken due to having the different base Player characters nor any "modes" you are attempting to entertain.

Regards.

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes