NemesisOfLife

Jan 4, 2022
Word of a warning:
While I haven't done enough testing to be 100% sure, it seems that buying certain items (in my case, the lingerie/armour) at the store will cause your movement/walk keys to stop working. Even if you try to use the dash and the ranged attack to move (forwards and backwards respectively) and manage to change rooms or levels, it doesn't fix it. Additionally, if you get damaged while in this state, your character will get stuck mid animation and the enemy won't be able to continue hitting you (which means you can't even die to restart the run).

A wild guess: since it seems that movement and some of animations get disabled, maybe it's item(s) that are supposed to change the character's looks, but the updated looks simply aren't in-game yet, that cause this? I bought this item specifically to see if it'd become visible on the character, since her lack of any chest clothing, in a game featuring clothing destruction as a feature, was bothering me.

For now, it appears that the only fix is to delete the saves and start again. It doesn't look like you can (un)equip anything and when I opened the save file to see if I can just delete the item, the save structure is 4 pages full of numbered flags and cryptic variables, so finding the specific item ID would take a lot of time.
i purchased that lingerie and didnt had any issue

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
Word of a warning:
While I haven't done enough testing to be 100% sure, it seems that buying certain items (in my case, the lingerie/armour) at the store will cause your movement/walk keys to stop working. Even if you try to use the dash and the ranged attack to move (forwards and backwards respectively) and manage to change rooms or levels, it doesn't fix it. Additionally, if you get damaged while in this state, your character will get stuck mid animation and the enemy won't be able to continue hitting you (which means you can't even die to restart the run).

A wild guess: since it seems that movement and some of animations get disabled, maybe it's item(s) that are supposed to change the character's looks, but the updated looks simply aren't in-game yet, that cause this? I bought this item specifically to see if it'd become visible on the character, since her lack of any chest clothing, in a game featuring clothing destruction as a feature, was bothering me.

For now, it appears that the only fix is to delete the saves and start again. It doesn't look like you can (un)equip anything and when I opened the save file to see if I can just delete the item, the save structure is 4 pages full of numbered flags and cryptic variables, so finding the specific item ID would take a lot of time.
Have you tried saveeditonline.com?

danob

Aug 10, 2020
Have you tried saveeditonline.com?
Yes, that's exactly how I was able to actually read what's stored in the save file. You can easily change your health, money and other character stats (though I haven't seen an explanation of what they actually do and you can't even see their names in-game), but the rest of it is many variables and flags tracking your progress and such, so I haven't been able to find the specific one that decides if you have or don't have the item (which I didn't even remember the name of). I'm sure it can be done, but it'd take far more time than just deleting the save and trying another run (I was only on the 2nd level).

Also, there has to be more to this bug, since, even though I've seen it mentioned in the previous posts a few times, it's not prevalent enough to happen to everyone at all times. Maybe it's buying an item of clothing after your armour is already broken or something like that.

Edit: Just managed to get it again, same item and again with the clothes already broken before hitting buy.

Edit 2: As I now have a save backed up with this specific item on sale and the clothes torn, I was able to confirm that those are the conditions which cause it. After editing the save to remove the torn clothes debuff, buying the item doesn't cause any issues.

Edit 3: "Doesn't cause any issues" turns out to be "doesn't cause any issues as long as your clothes don't get broken". Got hit by a lightning, gained the debuff again and got stuck in the falling animation. I guess it's activating the bonus this item is supposed to give that's causing the lockup.

Last edited:

poyane

Apr 20, 2018
Yes, that's exactly how I was able to actually read what's stored in the save file. You can easily change your health, money and other character stats (though I haven't seen an explanation of what they actually do and you can't even see their names in-game), but the rest of it is many variables and flags tracking your progress and such, so I haven't been able to find the specific one that decides if you have or don't have the item (which I didn't even remember the name of). I'm sure it can be done, but it'd take far more time than just deleting the save and trying another run (I was only on the 2nd level).

Also, there has to be more to this bug, since, even though I've seen it mentioned in the previous posts a few times, it's not prevalent enough to happen to everyone at all times. Maybe it's buying an item of clothing after your armour is already broken or something like that.

Edit: Just managed to get it again, same item and again with the clothes already broken before hitting buy.

Edit 2: As I now have a save backed up with this specific item on sale and the clothes torn, I was able to confirm that those are the conditions which cause it. After editing the save to remove the torn clothes debuff, buying the item doesn't cause any issues.

Edit 3: "Doesn't cause any issues" turns out to be "doesn't cause any issues as long as your clothes don't get broken". Got hit by a lightning, gained the debuff again and got stuck in the falling animation. I guess it's activating the bonus this item is supposed to give that's causing the lockup.
What was the ID of the dress in the saveeditor please ? same issue here

danob

Aug 10, 2020
What was the ID of the dress in the saveeditor please ? same issue here
Changing playerStates > _States[1] 1 to playerStates > _States[1] 0 will remove the torn clothes debuff and deactivate the bug, but only till the next time the clothes get torn. Haven't yet found a way to delete the item itself once you buy it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: poyane

Bulk Biceps

Aug 3, 2020
I just found out a bug that when your holy or demon meter is high enough the game freezes. also if you have too much money and keys.

mieooow

Mar 28, 2021
this game is amazing. is it a final version? or just a beta?
what exactly does oestrus effect do?

Last edited:

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
this game is amazing. is it a final version? or just a beta?
what exactly does oestrus effect do?
For one, not sure if you're joking about asking if this is the final version when there's nothing to specify it being finished. The second thing is that estrus prevents you from struggling free of enemies grabbing you when you are knocked on the ground.

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes