Spotless

Sep 12, 2020
This was really good! I felt like it was a bit short though. The models are all great too.

Very good work here dev!

As a suggestion could you let us continue? So after we finish the days we can get events that are otherwise weren't gained? I missed 2 events but the game shut me down before I had the chance to see what I missed. If theres an issue about day limits and planned events why not just make it so when we go to bed we go back to day 9 again rather than 10?

Also, a small criticism I don't like the repetitive nature of the game. You just click a location and get points then go to bed hoping you'll have enough points to advance with a girl the next day. It feels kinda stiff.

Nov 24, 2019
Here is a hint: label afterload is your friend to avoid forcing players to start over every time you release a new version.

Assign a variable, eg. GAME_VERSION at label start and have it default to a copy of config.version (import python copy module if necessary - would be import copy; GAME_VERSION = copy.copy(config.version) in pure python).

In "afterload" label, check if game version is the same as config.version or not. If they differ, you can go game version by game version in the label and update variables etc. as needed.

Do note that even if "afterload" allows you greater compatibility, it is still not perfect; And you also might need a variable only to track what the player has seen in current playthrough. And if you change history drastically, Ren'Py might not even be able to know where the savegame is at. (For future reference, if in a future reference you add something so complex that it breaks rollback, you should keep in mind it might affect save/load as well.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for players without Fire Emblem knowledge like myself, there are two "easy" ways to help them without making the story dull for the others.

The first (and most simple) way, is by using Ren'Py hyperlinks. You can use the {a} text effect to point to labels with lore presentations, which players can click on if they feel the need. .

The second (and most effective) way, is adding a section on the status screen with an "encyclopedia", with all the info other people will need. The easiest way to attain that might be forking some quest log from and adding entries as needed.

But keep in mind, you do not turn over to an encyclopedia to read lots of text; And calling a different label is more effective if you actually do a decent storytelling on it.

By last, I hope you add some music to the game. Finding music free to use is not difficult, even if you remove creative commons non-commercial from search results. If you never looked at it before, start with and . In fact, Open Game Art might be the easiest place to look not only for music, but for art as well. (There are others, and even independent composers to look at; And it depends a lot on the vibes you're aiming for. You can even find music in Newgrounds, and if you don't care for formal licensing, has quite a collection.)

Good luck with your game!
PS. I am still wondering why you do not have a "Game Developer" tag :p

Last edited:
Reactions: JYPGames

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
Here is a hint: label afterload is your friend to avoid forcing players to start over every time you release a new version.

Assign a variable, eg. GAME_VERSION at label start and have it default to a copy of config.version (import python copy module if necessary - would be import copy; GAME_VERSION = copy.copy(config.version) in pure python).

In "afterload" label, check if game version is the same as config.version or not. If they differ, you can go game version by game version in the label and update variables etc. as needed.

Do note that even if "afterload" allows you greater compatibility, it is still not perfect; And you also might need a variable only to track what the player has seen in current playthrough. And if you change history drastically, Ren'Py might not even be able to know where the savegame is at. (For future reference, if in a future reference you add something so complex that it breaks rollback, you should keep in mind it might affect save/load as well.)

As for players without Fire Emblem knowledge like myself, there are two "easy" ways to help them without making the story dull for the others.

The first (and most simple) way, is by using Ren'Py hyperlinks. You can use the {a} text effect to point to labels with lore presentations, which players can click on if they feel the need. .

The second (and most effective) way, is adding a section on the status screen with an "encyclopedia", with all the info other people will need. The easiest way to attain that might be forking some quest log from and adding entries as needed.

But keep in mind, you do not turn over to an encyclopedia to read lots of text; And calling a different label is more effective if you actually do a decent storytelling on it.

By last, I hope you add some music to the game. Finding music free to use is not difficult, even if you remove creative commons non-commercial from search results. If you never looked at it before, start with and . In fact, Open Game Art might be the easiest place to look not only for music, but for art as well. (There are others, and even independent composers to look at; And it depends a lot on the vibes you're aiming for. You can even find music in Newgrounds, and if you don't care for formal licensing, has quite a collection.)

Good luck with your game!
PS. I am still wondering why you do not have a "Game Developer" tag :p
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind for the future. Will definitely check in on this when I add more content.

EDIT: Hey man, REALLY REALLY appreciate the idea for not breaking the game every new version... I think I understand how I'll implement it... As for an Enclyopedia, I think I'll add one in the future for sure.

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
Hey guys... v0.1.5 is up.

Features are in the changelog.
I'm a little burned out so don't expect updates as frequently as before.
Thanks and I hope you have fun playing the game.
Yeah, i was waiting for it, and i play it already.

Is funny that sometimes i get 3-4 scenes at the same time.
And that i got some characters affection scenes, many days before their "hello" scene.

I like how some affection scenes are heartwarming/barely pervy, and others are just super horny, it fits each girl personality.

I also like the Petra lesbian implications she had on her scene, just go wild with her! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, is that Tiki on the Green Haired Gang 4th Slot?!
Cool! I expected Sothis (as the remaining green hair) or Lucina (for a "crossover" guest), but this is a nice surprise.

I really liked this build, will be always waiting the next one, but take all the time you need/want. (y)

Reactions: JYPGames

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i keep getting a can't find label return and the line number it says return

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
And so you created the exact same game, that every other developer in the NSFW business did.
The opposite actually. The majority of parody game devs are making uninspired Akabur clones (trainers). Even the UI is usually an exact copy of his trainers.

This is an exception.

AgilityHex

Jun 2, 2018
The update times for this have been incredible compared to what i'm used to seeing. I'm really looking forward to seeing this hit it's stride.

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
Lol, that screenshot. Does this game just reuse background art from Grisaia? Not to be picky with a free sex game, but isn't Fire Emblem already part visual novel? Can't we just get background art from the actual game?
Actually, most Backgrounds were taken from Smash tho, but it looks very similar (if not better) that way.
There are some exceptions like that one because is the MC Room or placeholders (i suppose) like the one for Class scenes.
Also, FE3H uses fluid 3D backgrounds, not 2D static ones that would be easier to take and use.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes