4.40 star(s) 70 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Yeah, I am fine with the reconciliation, if players want, but the railroading into reconciliation was too much. And the next day they are hanging out like good friends who don't have a ton of baggage. It was ridiculous.

Ada was my first choice but she is too hung up on Chris, Chris is too hung up on her. I just feel like if someone cuffed them to an interrogation table and told them to talk it out it wouldn't take very long for them to be back together. One good long talk would heal that relationship. Mira is too plain jane and I don't like that she seems to know all of Damon's secrets and, possibly, all of the MC's secrets too. Naomi looks weird but otherwise I agree she didn't do a thing wrong. She had a volleyball tournament, she had commitments, responsibilities. The MC could have gone to her. I don't really think the MC was as committed to their relationship as she was, he never went to her games and he didn't even know her favorite book was Beloved by Toni Morrison. How do you not know that shit about the woman who you think is your soulmate? How do you not go to her events when she is trying to become a professional volleyball player?
Totally agree on the shit with Naomi. Fucker always had an excuse about why he couldn't go to her games and not knowing her favorite anything, was a huge red flag. As for Mira, she's not as 'Plain Jane' as you think. Now that I'm working on her path, I'm finding out a bit more. But, she's also a 'good girl'. So, maybe give her a shot.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Totally agree on the shit with Naomi. Fucker always had an excuse about why he couldn't go to her games and not knowing her favorite anything, was a huge red flag. As for Mira, she's not as 'Plain Jane' as you think. Now that I'm working on her path, I'm finding out a bit more. But, she's also a 'good girl'. So, maybe give her a shot.
Mira's vanilla, a versatile flavor but not what I look for in games. I'm not a big fan of her looks, her drama (drunk daddy), her insecurity, and her overall neediness. I was all in on Ada and then we met Chris. I wasn't a big fan of Danielle's personality but went there with the knowledge that she's still hooked on Damon (this update killed that), Rose is essentially a copy in terms of personality but is hung up on Chris. Naomi is not physically attractive, there's too much baggage, and she is being pushed at us too much. So I'm guessing that my MC will end up with Penny for however long that relationship lasts. Though I am not a fan of how she tries to dominate the MC (physically pouring alcohol down his throat).

Overall the lack of communication from anyone makes me believe that no one actually gives a shit about the MC. Everyone else feels it is better to keep secrets from him then to spend one moment telling him the truth. He really has no true friends, they are all using him.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Mira's vanilla, a versatile flavor but not what I look for in games. I'm not a big fan of her looks, her drama (drunk daddy), her insecurity, and her overall neediness. I was all in on Ada and then we met Chris. I wasn't a big fan of Danielle's personality but went there with the knowledge that she's still hooked on Damon (this update killed that), Rose is essentially a copy in terms of personality but is hung up on Chris. Naomi is not physically attractive, there's too much baggage, and she is being pushed at us too much. So I'm guessing that my MC will end up with Penny for however long that relationship lasts. Though I am not a fan of how she tries to dominate the MC (physically pouring alcohol down his throat).

Overall the lack of communication from anyone makes me believe that no one actually gives a shit about the MC. Everyone else feels it is better to keep secrets from him then to spend one moment telling him the truth. He really has no true friends, they are all using him.
Why not try Alexandra? I didn't think she was an LI, but, apparently she is?

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Naomi looks weird but otherwise I agree she didn't do a thing wrong.
Strong disagree.

Based on what we've seen, their relationship was incredibly shallow and pretty much rooted in sex. They have very little in common other than that and a shared relationship with Damon. That's not really the foundation for a deep and abiding true love.

MC didn't seem overly interested in any aspect of her life, and she doesn't seem overly interested in what he's into either. Moreover, as presented Naomi comes across like someone with deep abandonment issues desperately trying to find someone to be with, and is thus willing to write off most of the issues and warning signs in their relationship, because it's more important to BE with someone and to cling to the illusion that THIS relationship won't end like all the others. It makes their relationship feel incredibly facile and childish... which makes sense because they're teenagers and they're pretty much in the sort of paper-thin relationship teenagers get into, complete with the "we'll be together forever!" and "we'll always be happy!" sort of delusions. They were essentially IN love with being in love. The person they were actually with barely mattered.

The moment things get complicated, BOTH bail. The MC, in a moment of very understandable and justifiable pain, lashes out against what feels to him like a betrayal. Afterward, in retrospect, he realizes that what he did was wrong but is now too ashamed to seek any form of reconciliation. BUT - she's also fully aware why he's in pain, and should be able to understand why he would lash out (even more so, because she knows exactly how being abandoned feels). And yet she makes absolutely no effort to try to reach out to him, to try and discuss things afterward, or in any way see if things could be salvaged. She even had to be pressured by Damon into meeting with him again at all.

Which again ties into her abandonment issues, and is a literal reflection of what she herself said about how she left her foster parents - leave them before they can leave you. Her dream of a pretty perfect eternal love without end or flaw is now broken, and her reaction was to immediately shut it down and run away. Again, an understandable reaction - but it doesn't absolve her of responsibilty in any way. Any more than the MC hurting from his loss makes him completely blameless.

In short, BOTH of them were equally proactive in throwing away a relationship they both swore would weather any challenge. I'd argue the two of them were completely equal in being responsible for what ultimately happened. Because neither of them did a single thing to stop or try and fix it.

Ideally, they should both learn from this, becoming better people, and more ready to actually commit to a deeper, healthier relationship in the future (preferably with other people). Maturity comes through experience, and the experience has taught them both a number of lessons. Sadly, they seem determined to ignore some of those lessons...

(And that's without getting into the fact that her "You should talk to your mom" and then immediately shutting down his attempt to talk to the mom moment happens shortly before the mother leaves, and is clearly in a moment of absolute crisis - it's entirely possible that if she hadn't stopped that conversation from happening, the entire events of the backstory could have been averted, or at the very least, MC might have gotten more explanation and his reaction to things would have been far less severe. At the very least, she shouldn't have brought it up at all then and there if she wasn't willing to see him pursue it. MC may not see things that way as written, but I definitely do. I consider that entire night a huge mistake on her part.)

but you have people in common. So some amount of contact and interaction is unavoidable.
Arguably it isn't, since they seem to have precisely one person in common, and were quite easily avoiding each other for months with no real risk of interaction before Damon deliberately forced them back together. She's away at school, he'll be going away in another year. In real life, people who break up in high school can easily go for decades never seeing each other again (or at all, if they avoid class reunions).

The only real reason she came back is because Damon keeps trying to fix things, and is generally breaking them even worse because he's not very good at fixing things. But he'll continue to interfere and keep secrets from the people he's trying to help because he feels like he knows better than they do what sort of help they need, and they would refuse it if he told them what he was planning (something he himself essentially admits to at one point).

Damon's another one for the "good intentions paving the road to Hell" pile. He's not a bad guy, and his own fear over his secret (and the lengths he's willing to go to to hide/protect it) are perfectly understandable. But at the same time, he's doing significant emotional harm to multiple other people in the process. And while trying to "fix" his friend is both understandable and admirable in a way, almost everything he does in the attempt has done nothing but create more problems and crises for the MC to deal with (Damon pushed him and Mira together because both need fixing, Damon's actions essentially led to meeting Ada, pushing the Danielle problem off on MC is creating issues, and the night club meeting was a spectacularly bad idea - and those are just the bigger points). With friends like Damon, you don't need enemies.

At this point, 90% of MC's problems are being directly caused by people he's not allowed to avoid, and which the game doesn't allow you to be mad at. In the moments where you'd be fully justified in having the most righteously indignant reaction to things, the game just has you passive accept everything.

Which is why I'm so convinced the mother is going to come back and the game is either going to force you to accept her or punish you for not doing so. Because it fits the pattern of the writing so far.

Which is a shame, because apart from those moments and lack of agency, the writing is definitely really good.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Essentially this. Literally everyone is using him as a coping mechanism for their own problems. He's everyone's Manic Pixie Dream Boy.

Unethical manipulative psychologist who is also clearly hiding a ton of secrets really isn't much of a trade-up on any of the others.

At this point the best possible LI that could be introduced is Becca. She may hate the MC right now, but at least she's willing to tell him the truth about how she feels and why. That's a level of respect and honesty NO ONE ELSE in the entire game has shown at all.

Well, except for maybe Ada's dad. Ada's dad is pretty cool.

Last edited:

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
That was a huge low blow from Danielle. I don't like her but it definitely bruises ego when you're going to town with a girl and she screams another man's name.

Also, Mira turned out to be Virgin. It was kinda unexpected given that her blowjob and titjob can give other girls a run for their money :BootyTime:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Because she seems to know even more about the mom's disappearance and all of Damon's secrets... She's going to be Damon's therapist, friend, and mom? before she's the MC's LI. And I'm saying "mom?" because of acewinz theory which is as viable as any I've read so far.

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
Oh great. Now Danielle is ruined. I don't even know if I have Li left after this update. Rose maybe but idk. And on top of that, I still have to deal with this ex gf even tho I literally couldn't care less about any of her problems.

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
This game has too much drama I think. Every single characters life is masivelly fucked up and Mc has to deal with all of it and I'm at the point where I just don't care because there's just too much of it. Plus the dev seem to be determined to make every LI unlikeable in some way except Ada and Rose(kind of). But Danielle was one of my favorites, maybe even the favorite but after this update she's just completely fucked.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Because she seems to know even more about the mom's disappearance and all of Damon's secrets... She's going to be Damon's therapist, friend, and mom? before she's the MC's LI. And I'm saying "mom?" because of acewinz theory which is as viable as any I've read so far.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Hmm...very interesting.

Well, I was already looking forward to the surprise party. Now I'm really looking forward to it!

And I'm saying "mom?" because of acewinz theory which is as viable as any I've read so far.
It feels more like she'd be more likely to be Naomi's mom, with Damon's dad as Naomi's real dad. It would explain why she looks a bit mixed race in skin tone. It would explain why Damon's dad was her 20-year old contact info. It would also explain why Naomi was given up for adoption - her mother was an addict and her father was probably married to someone else at the time. Neither one probably felt like they could care for her and adoption/foster care would be the better option.

If that's the case, then Damon's probably Naomi's half-brother by another mother.

...though the sister (or "sister") complicates that. We'll have to see how that one works out.

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020
A Three Rules of Life [v0.4.0] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.89 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 510 MB: MEGA -
Compressed Size Mac: 493 MB: MEGA -

If you want to create a MEGA Account use this link: Mega

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Compressed Update patch please

DonbaOz

Jul 12, 2018

On another note, what hospital just let their patient lay in their bed completely naked? Like at least put on some clothes after you wake up. That scene just completely take me out of the story for a moment. It makes no sense and it's so out of place in a otherwise pretty serious story.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
If i'd have to describe this update in a picture i certanly would choose this.
The MC plays pretty much the 2nd fiddle for every of the LI's and if they can't get what they want, than he is good enough for a hoock up.
I really want to tell them all off at this point.
Can i have Sienna, Danielles friend as a main LI ?
Like she is the most attractive girl so far, has a positive personality and most importently, she doesn't seem to be in love/hung up over a other lover, also a plus point she doesn't seem to know the MC and as such not involved in keeping secrets from him....like literally everyone else...

Overall the feeling i have is, that more and more i play against the MC and he is more and more unlikeable, because i really don't want to forgive, or be understanding to all and playing the reserve hoock up and be fine with it.

Like Damon, i can't stand the guy, he meddle's in the MC affairs cause he knows what is best and i can't even stand mad at him. My absolute favorite was at the police station, as he was pissed of cause MC didn't tell him the truth :ROFLMAO:
Like are u serious man, every single character has secrets from the MC, u more than most, u can't even tell ur ex off.

Worst the MC feels like bad cause he keept ''secrets'' of this so called best friend...

The meeting with the Therapist was bad imo. I kicked her as out the last time she came to the MC's house, couse i neither trust her, nor do i want have anything to do with her...and now the MC visits her cause he needs someone to talk ? Her of all people...and what was this reaction in the hospital ? Like dude u have talked to her what, 3 times, she is a complete stranger and u could mean she is some dear family member he knows for his whole life.

The date with Naomi was just as bad. Like there doesn't seem any kind bad feelings.

Honestly if we meet the mother again and i do hope we will meet her, afterall i really want to give her a piece of my mind, followed by the nice words to never show her face again and a boot up in her ass.
If have no choice but to welcome/forgive her, i will probably rage quit the game.

And i must admit that was a really exelent choice of ruining Danielle as a LI, i mean i know she was still hung up, but that last scene really killed it.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Well Alexandra is interested in the MC's life in a way that goes beyond just Damon. it would be wildly weird and unethical for a therapist to reach out to a patients friend. She was looking atp ictures of MC on her laptop when she was alone. So she plays a bigger role than just therapist IMO.

There is mixed feelings with her physically being attracted to the MC. Rejecting the kiss and the guilt that she feels. IMO that could be because they are related or because she knows MC is Naomi's boyfriend and she feels guilty because she wants to reconnect with Naomi and realizes how fucked up it would be.

Naomi is a known orphan so she has a bio-mom out there and the MC has his weird backstory with his mom taking off after her having problems with a mysterious client. I think most people assumed that the moms client was Damon but I think it's just as likely that the mom's client was Alexandra and that MC's mom left out of guilt/pain/to give a chance for MC + Alexandra to reconnect.

All just speculation of course but to me it points to her being someones mom. Especially because MC/Damon/Naomi are all 19 so them specificying she was in and out of hospitals 20 years ago for OD's just sets up the pretense of her being a junky who was forced to give up a kid.

Alexandra was also super freaked out about the possibility of her 20 year old emergency contact being contacted when she was in the hospital. It really makes me think that her emergency contact is MC's mom and she didn't want her contacted because she isn't ready to tell MC that she is actually his biomom.
There is indeed physical attraction between MC and Alexandra. If player let her advance that is. Somehow I don't think she's MCs bio mom. I would rather put her in position to be Naomi's mom. Otherwise if she's MCs mom then what kind of mom would pursue intimate relationship with her son? This is not your typical incest game where mom sees son naked and gets crazy ideas about him. Or that she is MCs mom but have these thoughts about MC which is incest. As for a part between Lexa and Penny there is something to it. Not sure if two of them were in relationship. There's also a theory that Lexa is Damon's and Naomi's mom.

4.40 star(s) 70 Votes