Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Can't really complain since I rolled 3 demon girls early :p Still no phoenix and my size 8 dragon wonders if they even exist. Lantern era 3 if that helps (how do I increase it again? Lost my copy of "Darkwood for Dummies" and I have no idea what I am getting myself into)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Still no phoenix and my size 8 dragon wonders if they even exist.
It's a mystery! :sneaky:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

how do I increase it again?
It goes up every 100 knowledge collected.

Edit:
Okay, I played with the 'Assign' UI a bit. I'm still not keen on rearranging the current row layout, but I did make some improvements:
assign_minion.jpg
assign_maiden.jpg
assign_cage.jpg

Korra forever!

Last edited:
Reactions: Laxard

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, I did ask if people wanted some kind of faster update back in... July? They didn't.:cautious:

So I went and broke sky hunting, and never got to putting it back together. Never mind all the other things that surely have bugs in them and need me to do a proper test game instead of drowning in bug reports.

I also assume people would like some new content in a proper update, too. That's going to really need some work. My biggest DDM-related time sink has actually been looking for material for new maiden profiles.

As you can see, Laxard got me to do stuff by coming up with something constructive. I'm afraid that's still the best way to try to get results out of me. :p

Laxard: Off-topic, but if you are Laxard, is your scaly friend called Drizon? :D

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
I can not make kobolds. Self.core_power in the files mean my virility, right? It only asks for 4 and whenever i mate with citizens they will not use my mana to not get a weak breeding. Does the Power of the ladies matter for something so weak?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I can not make kobolds.
Could be that you haven't met a 'kobold maiden' yet? Kobolds are spread randomly across townswomen and nuns.

Self.core_power in the files mean my virility, right? It only asks for 4 and whenever i mate with citizens they will not use my mana to not get a weak breeding.
No, it's the maiden's fertility. Kobolds actually only require 2 virility, and are themselves 'weak breeding'.

As for magic spawn, virgin townswomen give birth to basilisks who need 5 virility. Have you learned magic and actually have mana available? And is she a virgin?

Does the Power of the ladies matter for something so weak?
Maiden stats (including power) only add some extra egg quality. What's important is virility vs dragonspawn type.

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
Townswomen i tried basilisks just fine, but when I do deflowered breeding they do not use up my mana. Yes i know magic, and have it also. Power of these women are 1-3.
Tought kobolds would be the best monster to spam for the tribe.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Once deflowered, you won't get 'magic' offspring any more. So only the first egg will be special.

Kobolds are magic-less, weak spawn. They may get replaced with either asps or crocs for a particular maiden (asps for townswomen, crocs for nuns). And they are indeed very good recruits for the tribe. So good, in fact, that I might nerf them sometime. :devilish:

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
Tried out a brand new townswoman without mana, still became an asp. Never saw a kobold through 3 restarts.
Files say that Self.core_power >=4 for the kobold spawn. This does not mean i need to be making a non-virgin breeding with mana in store with at least 4 virility?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If you got an asp, she's an asp woman. No kobolds from her.

What the script says is that only townswomen with 'core power' >= 4 have kobolds as their 'weak' spawn. The rest get asps. Since a few lines above 'core power' is generated between 2 and 4, it means roughly a third of all townswomen have a basilisk+kobold combo, and the rest have basilisk+winged asp. This is fixed for a townswoman who's already in the game. You want kobolds, you get more women and try them out. Or find some nuns, most of them are kobold-mothers.

uterus

Sep 14, 2018
so i have the proplem, that i cant hatch my demonspawn because the fiery hatchery only allows for eggs up to lvl 15.
i know this problem has been mentioned before so has someone come up with a solution?
i tried to find and change the files and at first i thought i had succeded by changing db\room.yama but that only seems to change the "main menu" settings where you control big brother.
or is there another hatchery after fiery?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i thought i had succeded by changing db\room.yama
Changing data files (.yaml, .ini) usually only affects new games, since a lot of the data is generated at game start and stored in saves.

or is there another hatchery after fiery?
Two, in fact. Though only one is suited for demosnpawn. Go and spend some cash at Smugglers' Isle. I'm actually amazed that you managed to get a fire hatchery before the others.

Last edited:

uterus

Sep 14, 2018
i did get the fiery hatchery last but for some reason i didnt compare the values to the one you mentioned, which i got third.
and i assumed there might be another one because i couldnt turn in the quest requiring me to build all the buildings.
i just realized however that i didnt actually have an unaugmented trap (lol).

also a suggestion regarding the altars.
its kind of annoying to have to build more that one altar and to only be able to make single sacrifices.
how about an option to have a mass sacrifice?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
its kind of annoying to have to build more that one altar and to only be able to make single sacrifices.
how about an option to have a mass sacrifice?
Multiple altars are intentional. Tradeoffs and all that.

Auto-sacrifice has been done and languishes in dev hell. :cry: Mass sacrifice is not terribly attractive, since there's no good way to indicate which maidens you don't want to sacrifice. Well, I could add a 'sacrifice her' flag, but it will still mean you have to click on the gal at least once in whatever UI that would get set up for that. I don't think clicking 'altar', 'sacrifice' and CTRL-ing through the event is all that much slower.

Edit: On reflection, perhaps I could set up a multi-selection. But it's a lot of bother for what's ultimately a rather small improvement, because auto-sacrifice will take care of seals, and how many sparks are you going to need?

Last edited:

uterus

Sep 14, 2018
maybe instead of a multi selection (choosing nultiple sacrifices at once), just make it a chain selection.
meaning that after each sacrifice or selection you get the option to add another one up to a point.
wouldnt that be simpler?

edit:
oh and thx for the very quick reply

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I did actually mean chain selection. Doesn't change the fact that I'd have to write checks for verifying how many altars there are and block too many sacrifices, are your seals almost gone and if there's a discount because of that, a new multi-sacrifice text for the sacrifice events, maybe a new image, etc. Lots of work for comparatively little gain once auto-sacrifice is taken into account.

Last edited:

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
I did actually mean chain selection. Doesn't change the fact that I'd have to write checks for verifying how many altars there are and block too many sacrifices
Isn't it easier to just keep value like "lair.sacrifical_altars_total" and check toward it when needed?

@Laxard: Off-topic, but if you are Laxard, is your scaly friend called Drizon? :D
Lizard and Draxon?
No, I took Lax like a joke that is reffering to my name and being lazy at the same time due to this nickname being used for my non-serious internet identity. Amusingly enough I actually using another nickname sounding similar to Draxon which really refer to Dragon in one of the languages. But it is pure coencidence about Laxard. Then I have two nicknames with wich I really known for the most people (one of which I ceased to use years ago due to being confused with relatively famous modder) and neither of the two is related to dragons in any way.

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
When I wrote 'verifying', I meant both introducing something like 'lair.sacrifical_altars_total' (which doesn't exist ATM) and adding a check for inactive altars (which may or may not work depending on your seals total). This is actually not the hard part, that's altering the choice UI. And I don't think I can reuse the latter anywhere else.

...neither of the two is related to dragons in any way.
I still think it's kinda sus. :p

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes