Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Oh. Okay, try this.

Edit: Gah. If you downloaded before the last edit, download again.
Thanks! But I'm not sure I'll use it...Irealized that the "normal" thing is THAT boring and actually gives you more... experience? Right?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
But I'm not sure I'll use it...
Well, nobody is forcing you to click the 'Frenzy!' button...

Irealized that the "normal" thing is THAT boring and actually gives you more... experience? Right?
So you like boring stuff? o_O

The experience is exactly the same, there is only one line in the code that awards it, and all calls either pass through that line or craft nothing. At best, you get to click the 'normal' crafting button a few more times before you hit any given crafting level, since frenzy processes more stuff at once and thus levels faster per click.

Reactions: mordet

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018

The experience is exactly the same, there is only one line in the code that awards it, and all calls either pass through that line or craft nothing. At best, you get to click the 'normal' crafting button a few more times before you hit any given crafting level, since frenzy processes more stuff at once and thus levels faster per click.

Oh that's wonderful then! Thanks ^^

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018

I think I found another bug... Before, leveling up mastery helped you make higher quality items.. Now, even at 20 mastery, everything is poor with 0 higher chance for better items

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Before, leveling up mastery helped you make higher quality items.. Now, even at 20 mastery, everything is poor with 0 higher chance for better items
It still does. 20 mastery is peanuts, you want 200. At least. :D Your best treasure is always low-quality until you've unlocked all shapes. Pick something simpler, and you'll see the chance go up.

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
I'm not sure just adding the swimming attribute actually works, the swim/fly/dig checks are pretty hardcoded.

Edit: Yeah, the 'grant' property is just for the description. I guess neither myself nor Eliont bothered to extend this.
Well, It was easier to disable the check anyway. Not like it's effected everything, only the most annoying part.

I remember the times when fighting against Tiamat without Dig was suicide, but this is doesn't seems to be a problem anymore.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, It was easier to disable the check anyway. Not like it's effected everything, only the most annoying part.
But... annoying the dragon was the best part about swimming! :p

I remember the times when fighting against Tiamat without Dig was suicide, but this is doesn't seems to be a problem anymore.
There was a Tiamat form once? All I recall is Garuda, and that cost you one head, maybe.

In any case, there were some suggestions about digging that are towards the end of my todo list, and a hope of resurrecting the Mistress fight in some form. But since the whole thing was kinda complex, and the battle system has changed, it's all very tentative right now.

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
It still does. 20 mastery is peanuts, you want 200. At least. :D Your best treasure is always low-quality until you've unlocked all shapes. Pick something simpler, and you'll see the chance go up.
Do higher complexity items gives your more exp or chance for exp up? Like earring vs comb

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, they just yield more gold per stamina spent. What does give you more crafting skill is making high-quality items. So it's actually the hand-crafted drinking cups and fibulas that you use to power-level.

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
There was a Tiamat form once? All I recall is Garuda, and that cost you one head, maybe.
Em, no, Tiamat is just the name of the Mother. Not sure if she referred as such even once in this version, but it was pretty often in the older ones.
At least all the songs are still here, even silly ones like Moria.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Em, no, Tiamat is just the name of the Mother. Not sure if she referred as such even once in this version, but it was pretty often in the older ones.
She was? I only ever recall her being called Mistress, (Dark) Lady and Mother. There was an achievement called 'Legacy of Tiamat' or something like that.

But I never played the Russian versions, and it's been a long while since I played any incarnation of the original.

Edit: Hmm, there is one line calling her 'Tiamat, the Mother of Dragons' during the Demon ending. Eliont's doing, not mine.

At least all the songs are still here, even silly ones like Moria.
Yeah. :) What did these guys call themselves again, something about gnomes?

Last edited:

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
Yeah. :) What did these guys call themselves again, something about gnomes?
Gnomes is old russian mistranslation of dwarves in the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.
The song starts on:
If dwarves lives in the mountains it's means they are highlanders?
- All the gates are closed Dwalin?
- All sealed Balin, aside of the back entrance*.
- Remember! It's not "the back entrance" it's "The Western Gates"!

And then it goes as it some ethnic song of the people living on Kavkaz Mountains (with deliberatingly paroding the accent) but full of silly Tolkien references.

*obliviously this is a joke about asshole.

But my favorite song in the game is actually more serious "Veiled Isis" from Dragonlance based musical "The Last Trial".

PS. Speaking of which in the musical this is one of Tiamat's songs which she sings while keeping two separate and changing forms, which is a source of inspiration for quite a bit of original sex scenes with her and all that 'choose in which form I shall reward you" (which was, sadly, cut out from the game but I guess not many players actually was interested in sex with her while she is in the dragon form) and many plot elements for original campaign and her lore are straight up from the Dragonlance. Takhisis is merely one of the names Tiamat known as.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Interesting and cool stuff, didn't know any of that!

But what I meant is that if I remember it right, the 'Moria' guys were an impropmtu band who just did that one song, and called themselves some kind of 'gnome' thing?

And 'Veiled Isis' has Nat O'Shea again... What is it with her and Defiler Wings?

My favourite music is probably a tossup between 'Kali', 'Белая кошка' and 'Невеста Полоза'. The last one has a fan video featuring snippets from some Russian dragon movie, too.

Wonder if there's a non-vocal version of 'Прощай' that'd be worth stealing for more ambience?

Edit:
...original sex scenes with her and all that 'choose in which form I shall reward you" (which was, sadly, cut out from the game but I guess not many players actually was interested in sex with her while she is in the dragon form)
That wouldn't be hard to restore. But, as you say, not many players are interested, and I'd have to do some serious picture-hunting.

And, in any case, my vision of the Mistress is that she's really not a full dragon shape-changer, but a more succubus-type shape-changer, with a preference for 'dragongirl' forms. I did spend some time picking out suitable 'sex reward' pictures for her, instead of the scalie crap in the original. Eliont actually removed the whole 'sex reward' part altogether, and I had to put it back in myself.

I guess I do have a bunch of dragongirl images stored up to spice her up a little, but the ones in the game now were the subjective 'best', and most stealable dragon-on-dragon sex images tend to be too far in the scalie/furry territory for me.

...and many plot elements for original campaign and her lore are straight up from the Dragonlance.
Which ones? I mean, the world-conquering is straight up her alley, but relying on a limited number of dragons to single-handedly do all the heavy lifting isn't.

Takhisis is merely one of the names Tiamat known as.
Isn't her 'true' name in Dragonlance actually Takhisis, and Tiamat is a similar entity in non-DL settings? The two being the same seems to be fanfiction. Official fanfiction now, maybe.

Last edited:

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
Honestly, I don't know who is original creator of the Moria Moria. Two most famous variation are sung by Sauronich and Elfishe, but as with most such song created by roleplayers during their gatherings. I believe you are referring to "Choir of the Gnomes(Dwarves) of the Curtain" and I think it's just Sauronich with some helpers. But hard to say, since he isn't as distinct as the Chancellor Ge or Hellavisa (O'Shea).

Which ones? I mean, the world-conquering is straight up her alley, but relying on a limited number of dragons to single-handedly do all the heavy lifting isn't.
Isn't her 'true' name in Dragonlance actually Takhisis, and Tiamat is a similar entity in non-DL settings? The two being the same seems to be fanfiction. Official fanfiction now, maybe.
Kinda, Takhisis is Tiamat and Paladine is secretly Bahamut. While two original creators of Dragonlance claim that they are not the same, it's tin excuse for WotC to not to sue them for stealing their Chromatic Dragon but later autors of Dragonlance AND D&D not only claimed they are the same, but also added as an offical info since 5E of DnD that Takhisis is just the name for Tiamat on Krynn. But really, Takhisis was also known as Tii'Mhut and Dragonqueen in Dragonlance for a long time before this.

Also, Tiamat, while she have primary form of 5-headed dragon, she isn't only knows as a Dragonqueen but also as the Goddess of All Evil and in the Krynn (Dragonlance), where she is major goddes as opposite as minor in most settings, she is also know as a Mother of Monsters and, basically, source of evil monsters in the setting. (Similar shifts happens with other Gods, like how Lloth in different realities have different powers and level of influence and even somethat different tactics).

So yes, because Takhisis and Paladine is primar names in the Krynn used by their followers, it's the names that receive the most power so you can say that they are their true names on the Krynn (and for a matter of Faith Mystiries they are).

Obliviously, "the same but not the same" Tiamat is also exist in the Pathfinder.

I actually don't care about fully scaly girls, several thousand years old dragons turned into girls who able to manipulate their appearance are the best option anyway, I am just not a fun of content being cut instead of becoming optional.

And regarding "Прощай", check the attachment, I hope this one is good enough.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I believe you are referring to "Choir of the Gnomes(Dwarves) of the Curtain" and I think it's just Sauronich with some helpers.
Yeah, that's them. So they weren't the originals, either, and it's basically a Russian LARP* song?

*Other live RP activities besides boinking each other with foam swords and screaming 'Fireball!' included

Kinda, Takhisis is Tiamat and Paladine is secretly Bahamut.
Eh, it's not as if TSR/WotC have a terribly strong claim to these literary archetypes. Nor even the name in the case of Tiamat.

While two original creators of Dragonlance claim that they are not the same, it's tin excuse for WotC to not to sue them for stealing their Chromatic Dragon
Uh, Dragonlance (incl. Takhisis) predates WotC by a considerable margin. There were like at least four series of novels and a slew of RPG materials published before TSR went belly up and WotC became a thing. And Weis+Hickman were working for TSR, with a lot of the iconic DL characters emerging from their tabletop group.

...later autors of Dragonlance AND D&D not only claimed they are the same, but also added as an offical info since 5E of DnD that Takhisis is just the name for Tiamat on Krynn.
I'd say it's WotC stealing Takhisis, not the other way around. :p DL was one of the most popular settings back in 2E. And Tiamat = Takhisis was probably already 'official' in 4E.

I kinda liked Takhisis as her own thing, though...

Obliviously, "the same but not the same" Tiamat is also exist in the Pathfinder.
PF took everything they could get their mitts on. :) Tiamat is a legit ancient legend, though, not something DnD has an exclusive license on.

I am just not a fun of content being cut instead of becoming optional.
Well, there's still a whole pile of 'cut' content. A final encounter with the Witch, betraying the Mistress, more Princess Violet, Arhin's 'girl fates'...

And for good reason. It took me two(?) months to finally get the "Цар Салтан" quest back in the game, and make it a bit more immersive. I have vague plans to get the battles with the Witch and Mistress back, but they're way down on the list. The others are probably too much trouble for too little gain.

The big deal with TfD is that everything had to be re-implemented. Everything. At best Eliont could re-use text scripts, but virtually all of the code had to be scrapped. He's been finished with the game for, uh, over two years now? And anything I add is just a cherry on top, because I do this for fun. No Patreon, no illusions of fame, ambitions as a full-on dev, a large playerbase, etc.

And regarding "Прощай", check the attachment
Yeah, it's pretty good, thanks! Added. (y) Not as good as the vocal version, but that one would get annoying as ambience pretty soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: mordet and Laxard

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
Well, I hope the battle with Mistress will be optional instead of, basically, being final battle to unlock New Game Plus as it was in the original.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Since there is no NG+ here, well...

As I said, I'm not even sure what should happen. I noticed that a lot of players were unhappy that beating her just led to a game over and wanted her as a seedbed or something similar instead. I suppose it's not entirely impossible that her getting imprisoned wouldn't lead to some other dragongirl taking over Army management, her being locked in your basement, and the game continuing as normal.

But that's neither here nor there right now.

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
Not sure she is even needed to be imprisoned, just, hmmm, a change in the relationship dynamics will be enough.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
do i wait for and update or its fine with current version?
Any wait might be a long one, and there's no guarantee that you'll like the result any better. The current version is largely playable. Whether you find it fun depends on you.

...a change in the relationship dynamics will be enough.
How would that manifest in a meaningful manner? It's not as if she's bossing you around right now...

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes