Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'd actually like to not make you hyped, because the ETA for the update is very murky. :cautious: It will be a lot of 'cures', yes. Ideally, I'd also like to get some new content, but that's something I'm not very good at doing.

I just want to confirm that I'm listening to the issues people have brought up and I have done something about them, even if several features aren't fully complete yet. I suppose it's unavoidable that such announcements get kinda hypey...

Reactions: mordet

timjo

Aug 9, 2018
So whenever I try to impregnate the duke's daughter the game gives me a bunch of error messages that prevents me from getting out of the lair menu.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
bunch of error messages
Post the traceback/error log, then. I don't have the time to recreate esoteric bugs myself.

Edit: I tried, and got an egg into her just fine. ;) I suspect that your installation is still borked for some reason.

Last edited:

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
There will be webbed paws to help with swimming. I don't really see how the dragon is going to swim without some sort of webbing or going underwater.
Well, large part of the Blue dragons looks like chinese Flood Dragon/River Dragon. Jiaolong, with a body like a fish and tail like a snake, doesn't require webbed paws to swim.
After half of millenium water snake will transform into the reptile. Another half of millenium and the reptile will turn into dragon. Another half of millenium and the dragon will become horned dragon. And in millenium after it it will become a winged dragon, Yinglong.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
These water dragons all look like they're some variety of Blue dragon, so they can at least hold their breath for extended periods if not outright breather underwater. I don't think any version of our dragon is light enough to just skim along the surface like RL snakes do, so they need some sort of upgrade. And a fish tail is out of the question for balance reasons (no tradeoff unlike with heads/paws; and the evolution list is already too long ).

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
These water dragons all look like they're some variety of Blue dragon, so they can at least hold their breath for extended periods if not outright breather underwater. I don't think any version of our dragon is light enough to just skim along the surface like RL snakes do, so they need some sort of upgrade. And a fish tail is out of the question for balance reasons (no tradeoff unlike with heads/paws; and the evolution list is already too long ).
I consider first form of the dragon already being in the Reptile stage.
Gyarados from Pokemon is based on the third stage, by the way.

And shame about tail. Good thing I can actually show some defiance and simple add atribute to swim to some of already existing parts.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I consider first form of the dragon already being in the Reptile stage.
I don't think e.g. even a tiny Red dragon is anything like a reptile-stage river dragon. YMMV, obviously.

And shame about tail. Good thing I can actually show some defiance and simple add atribute to swim to some of already existing parts.
You can add all sorts of parts yourself. Even a new category of mutable tails, if you wish, like Ignorable Idiot did for scales. But it requires some additional UI work, and I think the evolutions ultimately become mildly OP as it is, so I'm not too keen to add new ones. The webbed paws were a good alternative to blue heads and used the limited paw slots, so they were okay.

I'm not sure just adding the swimming attribute actually works, the swim/fly/dig checks are pretty hardcoded.

Edit: Yeah, the 'grant' property is just for the description. I guess neither myself nor Eliont bothered to extend this.

Last edited:
Reactions: mordet and Laxard

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
How do the jewelcraft works? What Am I supposed to do with workshops and such?

I know that you can create jewels... but is it automatic? and how to improve mastery?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How do the jewelcraft works? What Am I supposed to do with workshops and such?
Yes, crafting happens in workshops. There are certain critters who advertise themselves as master metalworkers...

...but is it automatic?
If you use the fix I provided to mordet, it's pretty automatic. You still have to click a little, and much more if you don't use it.

...how to improve mastery?
You've played the mod for a while now, haven't you? If there's a number that can go up, the usual answer to 'how do I get it up' is 'grinding'. :p

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Yes, crafting happens in workshops. There are certain critters who advertise themselves as master metalworkers...

If you use the fix I provided to mordet, it's pretty automatic. You still have to click a little, and much more if you don't use it.

You've played the mod for a while now, haven't you? If there's a number that can go up, the usual answer to 'how do I get it up' is 'grinding'. :p
Thanks! And I suppose.. Making more and more and more and more jewel will bring it up? But is it connected to the dragon orto the minion? Aka. If I change the gremling, will I lose stuff? And do more workshops works?

EDIT: tested it and.. it's buggy :\

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Making more and more and more and more jewel will bring it up?
Quite so.

But is it connected to the dragon orto the minion? Aka. If I change the gremling, will I lose stuff? And do more workshops works?
The dragon. Gremlins come and gremlins go.

More workshops work for crafting more than one of the same item. The additional patch makes it so workshops also scale to the total number of items made during a 'frenzy'.

tested it and.. it's buggy
If you don't report details, bugs don't get fixed. :( I recall mordet not having any problems?

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Quite so.

The dragon. Gremlins come and gremlins go.

More workshops work for crafting more than one of the same item. The additional patch makes it so workshops also scale to the total number of items made during a 'frenzy'.

If you don't report details, bugs don't get fixed. :( I recall mordet not having any problems?
Load the save, go into lair - Jewelcraft - frenzy crafting - back - lair again -jewelcraft - crash

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Oh. Okay, try this.

Edit: Gah. If you downloaded before the last edit, download again.

Last edited:

timjo

Aug 9, 2018
So I'm beginning to think that the installation went bad again so two things this time:
1. for the installing I unpacked the main one, unpacked the 3d hotfix in a seperate location and copied over the hotfix into the main folder skipping all existing files.

2. I think I broke the Jotun because beating it doesnt give me the frost hatchery and for some reason i can inspect the frost citadel before I beat it (save actually attached this time)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...copied over the hotfix into the main folder skipping all existing files.
What does your directory tree look like? You were supposed to overwrite the 'game' subdirectory, not add another directory, and definitely not skip anything.

Edit2: The pride error messages do tell me you probably have some sort of botched installation. Reapply the latest hotfix and anything you downloaded after that.

I think I broke the Jotun because beating it doesnt give me the frost hatchery and for some reason i can inspect the frost citadel before I beat it
The Jötun is fleeing, so you don't need to defeat him to get the ice castle. In fact, you can't 'beat it' after inspecting the place. I added one word for clarification.

The frost hatchery is an oversight. Try the attached scripts (overwrite the ones in 'game/_story').

Edit: You don't get the castle because the Jötun and the castle are not in the same location. You either fight him, go looking or flee. You should get to go looking after defeating him, so... Download the scripts again if you did so before the edit.

Last edited:

timjo

Aug 9, 2018
ok so ive replaced the two files with the ones you put in here but now it gives me this error when i defeat the jotun. i can still get the girl but still no hatchery.

EDIT:
if i bypass the jotun and go straight into the citadel i do aquire the hatchery

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gfx/mobs/jotun.webp'>:
  File "game/_story/hunt/nothing.rpy", line 751, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['jotun']) from _call_arena_85
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 256, in script
    python:
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 353, in <module>
    field.clash(hero=field_hero,mob=field_mob)
  File "game/_script/combat/battlefield class.rpy", line 284, in clash
    pride.pride_battle_experience += mob.experience
AttributeError: 'Pride' object has no attribute 'pride_battle_experience'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/_story/hunt/nothing.rpy", line 751, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['jotun']) from _call_arena_85
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 256, in script
    python:
  File "D:\games\time for dragons\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Nov_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\games\time for dragons\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Nov_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 353, in <module>
    field.clash(hero=field_hero,mob=field_mob)
  File "game/_script/combat/battlefield class.rpy", line 284, in clash
    pride.pride_battle_experience += mob.experience
AttributeError: 'Pride' object has no attribute 'pride_battle_experience'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 5-11-20
Thu Sep 23 22:20:15 2021
Untitled.png

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I meant one step up in the tree, the directory with the executable.

You have lots of these errors, which tell me that at the very least you started the game with an unupdated version. One way to fix them is to console 'pride.[missing_value]' = [default]'. Once you update properly, the values and defaults can be read from the beginning of 'story_and_events.rpy'. If you don't care about pride but still don't want to restart, just console 'pride = Pride()'.

Or update and restart, because who knows what else you've messed up in the save.

I edited the scripts, so read my last post and download again to get the hatchery, castle and the fight plus the girl.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ah, okay. Then apply HF3d again, overwrite everything it asks you to, and preferably start a new game.

Edit: Where the fuck did you get an angel from?! The cultists?

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes