Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Efreeti are sky-only. The closest you can get in the mountains is the empty volcanic cave.

Reactions: mordet

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
Hmm, what is a point of treasures if there is seems to be nothere to sell them now? At least until I can turn into human and sneak in the city, didn't tried it yet.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
There are three (or even four, if you play your cards right) shops in the game. The first can be accessed faster than entering the city. How much faster? Depends on your initial head choice (the blurb about 'easier beginning' wasn't there for nothing). But at least about a month faster overall. The city always requires magic, the other two are cheaper to access and have worse sales prices.

Otherwise, store the treasures for a thief to (try to) steal? :p

In the future, the dragon will also be unhappy without enough treasure/money to make a good bed to sleep on.

Last edited:

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
There are three (or even four, if you play your cards right) shops in the game. The first can be accessed faster than entering the city. How much faster? Depends on your initial head choice (the blurb about 'easier beginning' wasn't there for nothing). But at least about a month faster overall. The city always requires magic, the other two are cheaper to access and have worse sales prices.

Otherwise, store the treasures for a thief to (try to) steal? :p

In the future, the dragon will also be unhappy without enough treasure/money to make a good bed to sleep on.
Hm, okay. I unlocked Witch coven eventually and money not a big issue now. What is big issue, hovewer, it's a food. It's just doesn't seem, to give you enough from almost any sources and considering that other are depend on luck and can be "exhausted" it's seems, I basically was forced to stop evolution and scratch by for quite a while, until I ultimately given up and started using dragon.satiety=500 way too often. And battle snack rarely cover the expenses, especially since enemy seems to scale with infamy.

Game was soo much easier before. I mean, I played your mod when it's only on Russian.
At least it's doesn't seems to have hardcoded time limit now.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What is big issue, hovewer, it's a food.
Known problem. There's a lot that has already been done to mitigate this, but unreleased. Some more yet to be done. And lizardman tribe + raiding the capital are the current mainstays of food management (see the last few pages of feedback from mordet).

For a smaller dragon, hunting farm animals and raiding villages should still suffice. How big is yours? ;)

dragon.satiety=500
The in-game equivalent is the lizardman tribe, with roughly the same amount per sleep cycle.

And battle snack rarely cover the expenses, especially since enemy seems to scale with infamy.
That's good, tougher enemies = more food. :D The current 'palace battle food' is actually too good, bordering on being an exploit. You can also keep infamy down and only fight 'safe' battles, like several players recently active in the thread have done. You should at the start of the game, anyway.

Game was soo much easier before. I mean, I played your mod when it's only on Russian.
It wasn't mine, then. You either played an earlier incarnation of Time for Dragons, or some version of Defiler Wings, either Old Huntsman's or Arhin Mahariel's.

I made the mod specifically to make the game hard enough that it's actually a game. Because the story and stolen pictures aren't really the main draw here.

There's the easy difficulty if you dislike having to outplay my sadism irrational love of grinding and gating. And you can make a custom difficulty for yourself without too much trouble.

Even programming neophytes have successfully tinkered with and altered the mod to their liking, and I take it that you're not?

At least it's doesn't seems to have hardcoded time limit now.
It still has a soft limit, which is much worse than before. Several players have suddenly discovered themselves knee-deep in demons without a clue how it happened or how to get out. :devilish:

Last edited:
Reactions: mordet and Laxard

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
There is a new stat called "loyalty", exclusive to maidens. Why/what/how/blabla:
  • Why should I care? It unlocks new interactions (and a bunch of b-b-balance breaking boosts). Currently (and most likely forever) that only means one thing really, which is sex with followers. Sweet.
  • What is it? It represents loyalty, and with a fair stretch of the imagination and if you poke your eyes out I suppose you can see some romance in it.
  • How do I get it? Win fights for +1.0, or just wait and it goes up daily by 0.1. Goes down if you flee by some bunch and if you rob them though... I think? Hm. Important to note though is that it can only go up after a maiden has become a follower, so not while they are merely a prisoner.
This part leads to the problems with the mod when you are using common minions.
1632186392576.png

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
File "game/_script/combat/battlefield class.rpy", line 282, in clash
minion.change_loyalty(1)
AttributeError: 'Minion' object has no attribute 'change_loyalty'.
I don't particularly endorse the use of this submod because I consider it a moderate cheat, and for other reasons outlined here and here.

That being said, I did provide a fix for it here. I guess I need to link it to the OP.

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
Are there any ways to make girls in the milk- and breeding pits not expire so fast? They are losing max HP so i do not know how to heal those back up? Would like to see some Milktanks that popped 12 kids out.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Are there any ways to make girls in the milk- and breeding pits not expire so fast? They are losing max HP so i do not know how to heal those back up? Would like to see some Milktanks that popped 12 kids out.
The only way I know is to recruit the as minions and let them gain experience.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Primarily, what Ambjorn wrote. I think the current release also has girls still heal while being drained. If so, get someone with a lot of HP and endurance. Onis (ogre mates) are a good choice for that.

Edi: Healing doesn't really matter, but the hidden endurance stat does. Demonettes and onis are good; angels, ice maids and beastkin are fine; firelings, mermaids and peasants are passable.

And curse the day I finally update, because girls will not heal in the pits/farms any more. :devilish:

I think one of the two, probably farms, also drains them to death faster, because the other alternates between HP, ATK and ATKM.

Last edited:

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
I saw some mentions of beibg able to "invite" the knight before it becomes unmanagable. Is it implemented, and how to use that feature. I could never beat him, even if i was immune to his elemental attacks. Only huge size atm.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
'Inviting' knights and thieves is implemented. You can't use it because it sits in dev limbo. :cry:

Huge size is okay-ish. I suppose the best advice is to have good minions in your active party and a bunch of others in the lair to whittle him/her down before the battle.

timjo

Aug 9, 2018
I dont know if its a bug of some sort but no matter how many days the dragon sleep pregnancy always goes progresses one day. Also neither the minions nor captives regenerate any health. Also fighting doesnt actually give me exp.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You do have hotfix 3d installed and aren't starving or something like that?

Edit1: I recall a similar report from before, and I think it was due to installing the mod on top of 1.1.1. Don't do that.

Edit2: Annnd the bug report just disappeared. If all bugs scared so easily... :p

Edit3: It's back, of course. First-timer shenanigans, again.

Last edited:

timjo

Aug 9, 2018
it should be installed and im at 180 odd satiety at small size so im definitly not starving. im gonna reinstall the patch see if that fixes it.

Edit: reinstalling fixed it. Guess something messed up on the first install

Reactions: Jman9

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
Two more thing.
Started a new game, and the orc prince in this save can not be told who his father is. On my original save i could just tell him. Is there a requirment?
Also, i would like to adjust some events in the files that are constantly happening and ruin compleate weeks. Their propability is what i cant find. If i remove the calls to the goose event it happens regardless.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...the orc prince in this save can not be told who his father is. On my original save i could just tell him. Is there a requirment?
Yes, lust >= 1. You'll be banging the Queen shortly after, and otherwise engage in corrupting the youth with your lustful manners. :sneaky:

Also, i would like to adjust some events in the files that are constantly happening and ruin compleate weeks. Their propability is what i cant find. If i remove the calls to the goose event it happens regardless.
That's middling troublesome to do without starting a new game. If you're willing to restart, check the 'game\db\event_x.ini' files and change 'base = 0' and 'regen = 0' for the offensive events. 'multiplier = const 0' probably works, too. Be warned, you'll be getting mild spoilers if you check out these files.

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
Yes, lust >= 1. You'll be banging the Queen shortly after, and otherwise engage in corrupting the youth with your lustful manners. :sneaky:
That is doesn't make sense... Can't he just become suddenly lusty because he have a kink, without using satiety in process?
I mean, I get it that lust is actually how much of the Dragon Juice he currently having, but still... It's pretty much "guide it" situation.

Also, somethign that I noticed, is that when dragon increases the size, he eventually looses ability to swim and dig. Why?
And while digging is fixed by adding more worker hands, which are probably the most usefull now anyway, so not a big deal but ability to swim is tied to having blue heads and suddenly one is not enough and you need two to continue to swim without wasting mana. Despite the fact that head doesn't actually suppose to teach him how to swim, but gives ability to breath under water.

I also have events about lizards eating my prisioners despite having no lizards among minions. Didn't checked the code, but it's probably aspids who are killing them or soft limit from either too many minions. Maybe low infamy is tied to this. Well, low is less than 50.

Also, regarding of mana, disguise should probably took in mind if you have a squad with you and using 1 mana per minion, and probably 2 for a dragon. Not just fixed 5 "or everything you have".

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I also have events about lizards eating my prisioners despite having no lizards among minions.
Maybe low infamy is tied to this.
Infamy has nothing to do with it. It was an oversight, probably caused by your snake progeny being stronger than you are.

Try the attachment.

I mean, I get it that lust is actually how much of the Dragon Juice he currently having, but still... It's pretty much "guide it" situation.
Lust kinda also measures how interested the dragon is in 'naughty' ATM. No lust, it doesn't occur to him to corrupt Gwidon and he just leaves. That was the idea, anyway.

I've since replaced that check with 'not frenzied' and lust only for the "see to the Queen's needs" branch. But that's in the unreleased version.

...when dragon increases the size, he eventually looses ability to swim and dig. Why?
Not enough digging tools or too small gills/wings to support the new, enlarged body.

Despite the fact that head doesn't actually suppose to teach him how to swim, but gives ability to breath under water.
In-game justification: the dragon is such a big/weird creature that he needs to breathe underwater for most of the swim anyway. Real reason: can't be bothered to make a separation between 'submerged' and 'swimming' events. I think the majority are 'submerged' in any case.

There will be webbed paws to help with swimming. I don't really see how the dragon is going to swim without some sort of webbing or going underwater.

Well, low is less than 50.
50 isn't particularly low. It's actually in the danger zone where knights are a game-ending threat and you're giving up on easy fights in return for not spending time to lower infamy.

Also, regarding of mana, disguise should probably took in mind if you have a squad with you and using 1 mana per minion, and probably 2 for a dragon. Not just fixed 5 "or everything you have".
Yeah, that's also something that has been changed and not released. Going 'incognito' is only done solo, now.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes