Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

camistrie

Mar 6, 2019
Injuries? Are you using goblins as meatshields? Because their injuries and even deaths are very much expected.
Well, you ARE considering it shameful to lose goblins in battle...

I'd think the dragon would be above concerns such as losing cannon fodder

Mar 27, 2019
I have a question How do you use the extra exp in this game or mod? the only thing I have found is the extra exp can go into evolutions when you get ready to sleep...but for some reason when you go to click on it it says something about only legendary dragons only...wtf in the og defiler wings game it was a way to get bigger and stronger faster...

Aug 13, 2017
but purely for the sake of interest, how to kill the supreme demon?

Let's say you can sharpen your heads under the resistance of fire. But to the magic from the heads, the resistance is minimal

Even if you become obsessed with hits comparable to it and take a punch, your colleagues will die from retaliatory attacks.

Farther away from you, it picks up with a fork due to the high resistances. And parrying won't save you everytime

Mar 27, 2019

Let's say you can sharpen your heads under the resistance of fire. But to the magic from the heads, the resistance is minimal

Even if you become obsessed with hits comparable to it and take a punch, your colleagues will die from retaliatory attacks.

Farther away from you, it picks up with a fork due to the high resistances. And parrying won't save you everytime
I used the saveeditonline thing and boosted the dragon attack thing and the fire ball attack thing... my dragon attack now is around 9000 but on different things it goes up or down depending on how resist they have...for the fire I changed cost to 100 cool down to 1 and the damage to 50000 it pretty much kills any one thing ...

Aug 13, 2017
it is clear what you can tweak and subtract all with one click.

But since the developer introduced it into the game exactly in this form, the passage by game means is implied.

Otherwise, why create an event when you win?

The dwarf godem is also armored and, hypothetically, he could take damage if he stood in front of the demon. But even so, you glue your fins from retaliatory blows.

And in the original (according to the textual description of the event), it was the golem and Pinocchio that took damage, while the others were picking at the deomon.
And the angel healed, and did not merge from retaliatory blows.

Mar 27, 2019
I have a question How do you use the extra exp in this game or mod? the only thing I have found is the extra exp can go into evolutions when you get ready to sleep...but for some reason when you go to click on it it says something about only legendary dragons only...wtf in the og defiler wings game it was a way to get bigger and stronger faster...
the remake of defiler wings allows you to use the extra exp for evolutions...this mod on the other hand does not ... or won't in till you reach legendary status... not sure yet it keeps saying the same thing over and over when I try ...

Mar 27, 2019
If you like using compressed game or mod try this
Requested by FFTW
If you want a game compressed or want to help the community with more crunched versions, join us at Game Compression Requests 2.0 and post your requests or compressions!

This ain't my cup of tea of games I'd enjoy, but hope those that do can use my compressed version of this modded game.
I tested some scenes and it appears to work. I included the hotfix3 patch.
If it breaks for certain scenes, it was not intentional and should use the official version instead!
This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

Original Win10_64+hotfix Compressed: 1.4 GiB
Lite Win10_64 Rar Size: 510 MiB
Lite Win10_64 Size on Disk: 589 MiB

Tools Used: XnConvert 1.85.1, YAC v2.1

• Red Heart
Reactions: shane420

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'd think the dragon would be above concerns such as losing cannon fodder
The Dragon is, maybe. You as the dragon's handler are not. :p

From a fluff POV, you could also look at it this way: it's not the loss itself that's the problem, it's entering battle and doing so badly that you lose some minions, even if they're trash. But pride and shame are mainly metagame things and are not supposed to be taken that seriously. Unless you want to. :D

With ice. Look below for details.

Magic is supposed to be the one damage type you really can't be immune to. And the Big Bad is meant do use exactly that type against you.

Not if they're big bad demons themselves.

You outstat and outdamage him, simple as that.

Anyway, the current incarnation is actually a pushover. Proof (from the current release):
demon_defeat.jpg
This is just before he gets ganked. The dragon and minions used here are pretty much maxed and optimised, and thus waste him like a lost puppy:
the_dragon.jpg

I'm clearly going to have to take a hard look at him, put in more waves of demons, parrying and minions get nerfed anyway... Probably still won't be enough, but we'll see.

Note that this is all on normal difficulty, and impossible is quite a bit more difficult. I don't even know if I want the player to have that option for winning on impossible. :devilish:

But since the developer introduced it into the game exactly in this form, the passage by game means is implied.
Otherwise, why create an event when you win?
Well, I didn't put this route into the game, Eliont did, and DW also had the same event. I just turned the screws on some more...

How do you use the extra exp in this game or mod?
Sleeping, a day and 10 satiety to 'use' one point of experience. This is one of the big changes of the mod, and is actually documented in the help file.

it says something about only legendary dragons only...wtf
Originally, Time for Dragons let you spend experience freely. I considered it a giant cheat, and now you've got to sleep for your power, a lot. The original mechanic is only retained for late game (that's what "legendary dragon" means) as a way to skip some tedium.

in the og defiler wings game it was a way to get bigger and stronger faster...
Defiler Wings had no experience mechanics at all. You got a new dragon with a new power every time you went and completed a quest, there was no evolving your current one.

not sure yet it keeps saying the same thing over and over when I try ...
Well, they say that trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity... :sneaky:

whats wrong with mega or nopy
Updating a zillion mirrors for every update. I also personally don't like Mega, even as a user. Feel free to set up additional mirrors if you wish, or petition a friendly user or mod, and I'll add links to the OP. But I'm not doing it myself, at least for now.

I don't know the remake has like 4 or so different downloaders... this mod only media fire but the hotfix is Mega
The original game was uploaded by an... uploader, not the author. And the hotfix is also Mediafire, plus an attachment to the OP, there's no Mega anywhere.

If you like using compressed game or mod try this
You're advised to add HF3d as well, and I'm making no guarantees about the compressed version, because I didn't create it. Although I doubt there are any problems caused by the compression.

aboboDab

Mar 8, 2019
Hi, while I haven't played the original Defiler Wings, I have been enjoying your modded version of the game a lot Jman9. Thank you for your efforts to improve a (to my best knowledge) already great game, and continued work to do so.

There is a lot to be said about the game, and there is this (fairly simple) idea/suggestion I had in mind that I think once implemented would somewhat alleviate the lack of "romance" in the game, that I'm sure has turned away many people (including me at first for a very, very long time).

The idea is as follows:
In addition to the current "affection" statistic, maidens have an additional statistic called for example "loyalty".

This is the root of the idea. This by itself is not very exciting (yet), but for the curious, it might raise a couple of questions:
  • What does this loyalty statistic do (i.e. why should I care about it)?
  • When can loyalty be raised/changed?
  • How can loyalty be raised/changed?
Of course you have the complete freedom of how you want to implement this loyalty stat idea (i.e. how you answer these questions), you have the complete freedom to decide whether to implement this idea at all to begin with. However, I do have a couple of ideas/suggestions:

What does this loyalty statistic do (i.e. why should I care about it)?
Once maxed/reaching certain thresholds, maidens:
  1. Receive a modest boost in combat statistics
  2. Gain additional interaction options
For (1), I'm not sure whether it would be better to let it scale with loyalty, or have it simply be a boolean; if implemented as boolean, it should be easier work to do so. Furthermore, in my opinion the total boost to be gained should not be significant to begin with (for example +1 attack, +1 master, +5 hp at max).

For (2), this is the part that made me say
once implemented would somewhat alleviate the lack of "romance" in the game
The main additional interaction I was thinking of, was making it possible to have sex again with the maiden. While it would be really nice if this interaction has its own flavor text (which if necessary I suppose I can provide. Just let me know), I think you can also just re-use the 100 "affection" flavor text.

Regarding (2) from a gameplay/balance point of view, what could this mean? I can think of 2 benefits to be implemented:
  1. An additional rage sink
  2. Offspring
(1) is not really something significant I think since it costs lust which is usually too valuable, but it might be nice for the early-ish/mid game I guess (assuming you don't save scum the crap out of the game like I do). Now, what could make this rage sink idea interesting and worth it no matter what stage of the game you're in, is if it's a separate interaction, that does not consume lust at all. The constraint is just that you can use it once per slumber or something, anything to make it balanced. You can call it something like "talk", or "visit", but what I think would make the most sense would be "play/toy with" (follower edition).

(2) though, is both something that greatly excites me, yet worries me. It worries me because it will likely impact (-> break) the current game balance, but it excites me because if done correctly, it won't, and will add a fun little goal to reach to the game.

This is what I had in mind: Offspring from follower maidens are by default less powerful than when the maiden is a prisoner. However, if the maiden is still a virgin, the offspring gets a significant boost in statistics that when compared to prisoner offspring, is slightly (or a lot?) better. I believe that this would be balanced, since using followers to breed low-quality minions for say the army is not a good idea, as you cannot put followers in breeding pits/milking farms to protect them from the risk of death at birth, and raising another high loyalty follower takes a lot of effort. Perhaps there is also the additional penalty that pregnant followers cannot accompany you in battle and/or be assigned to buildings (except for a new building dedicated to this?). However, it does add a new "ultimate" goal to the game as far as breeding goes: break a maiden, convince her to serve you, raise her loyalty (all the way to the max), and only then, you take her virginity.

On to the next question(s),
When can loyalty be raised/changed?
The most sensible choice I believe, would be to say when they have the follower status.

How can loyalty be raised/changed?
I think that the best way to implement loyalty change, is to draw some inspiration from how experience is gained on followers:
  1. It can be changed from battles
  2. It can be obtained naturally over time (->in the lair)
For (1), I think it's obvious to say that after a battle, loyalty gets raised just like experience. One little addition however, that is a little bit less obvious but might be worth implementing, is that upon fleeing, loyalty is lost instead. This could add a nice little bit of challenge to raising loyalty I think.

For (2), possibilities can be from having it really be passively and unconditionally (aside of "be a follower" of course) incremented over time, to adding conditions such as "must be assigned to a building" (perhaps even add a new building dedicated to raising loyalty. for example maybe a resting room, that functions as increased health regeneration as well?) and/or new interactions (now this, would be amazing, but it would probably also take the most work).

Some additional remarks I have:
  • It could be nice if loyalty is not exclusive to maidens, but is innate to any follower. Of course the monster-type followers won't have additional interaction options (or at the very least, it won't be sex lol), but at least they can benefit from the stat boost.
  • The way I see it, there are two ways to implement loyalty. One way is to really just have it be a new additional stat added to the game. The other way would be to just modify the current "affection" stat: either increase the max value or rescale everything, then put a temporary limiter at the point where you cannot raise the affection stat until the maiden becomes a follower. The reason why I mention this is because if the current affection stats gets modified, then I think the name of the stat is fine. However, if loyalty is implemented as a separate stat, or even if loyalty is not implemented and we just stick with what we have right now, then I really think that the affection stat should be renamed. The first thing that comes to mind would be "fear level". The "loyalty" stat can then also be called "affection" if you deem that more suitable. Some other names that come to my mind are "favor" and "servitude", though I must say I quite like "loyalty". Some example tier names for loyalty from 0 to max: treacherous, enduring, cooperative, respect, devoted/adoration, worship.
  • "Lore"-wise, I think all this can still make sense: in order to convince a maiden to follow you, you promise that you will not torture/kill/rape/whatever them, but after loyalty is sufficiently raised, the maiden will willingly submit themselves to such actions from you.

I hope that this idea was as interesting to you, as it was to me. If nothing else, I hope it provided inspiration to whatever endeavors you have planned.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Thank you for your efforts to improve a (to my best knowledge) already great game, and continued work to do so.
You're welcome. Although all the Defiler Wings games have their problems, the mod included, and their singular claim to greatness is that there are no other games quite like them.

..."romance" in the game, that I'm sure has turned away many people (including me at first for a very, very long time).
This is a fundamental part of the mod, and I'm sorry, but it's not likely to change. Not because I dislike romance, but because of several, largely practical reasons:
  • Effort. Making a proper romance sub-game, a procedurally generated one at that, is not trivial, and isn't likely to satisfy everyone even then. Brothel King has the best implementation of 'random romances' that I know of, and players are still complaining. Me implementing a knock-off version of that would take a lot of work, and I can't write half as well as Goldo.
  • Competition. Ravager exists, has hand-crafted scenes, custom art, semi-professional devs and is generally designed as a 'play how you want' game. Including a fluffy dragon route, so to speak. :)
  • Ability. I've had trouble proofreading the current game, writing a considerable new portion, especially a romantic one, is beyond my skill.
  • Themes. This is an evil dragon sim. :devilish:

boost in combat statistics
Last week I got mostly through nerfing girl minions... Not to mention love doesn't make one fight better, more the contrary. Longer and harder, maybe.

Gain additional interaction options
have sex again with the maiden
But you already can? It does cost you mana, or you can 'pull out' if you wish. :D

An additional rage sink
Torture and rape/mate are already that. I suppose I could code in a rage reduction for sexing up, then pulling out of willing mates. Okay, done.

separate interaction, that does not consume lust at all
Violates the resource management focus of the mod. I suppose there could be a 'softcore' version that might or might not cost lust, but the devil is, as always, in finding and separating pictures for that. I've already spent a fuckton of time on other picture-hunting endeavours. :cry:

Offspring from follower maidens are by default less powerful than when the maiden is a prisoner. However, if the maiden is still a virgin, the offspring gets a significant boost in statistics that when compared to prisoner offspring, is slightly (or a lot?) better.
Won't matter that much, since dragonspawn start as hatchlings now. And I refuse to un-nerf minion stat caps again, or sabotage their leveling mechanics, for something that's not part of the core experience. And a romantic dragon is exactly that.

pregnant followers
All pregnant women get put back in the pens and become captives again.

However, it does add a new "ultimate" goal to the game as far as breeding goes: break a maiden, convince her to serve you, raise her loyalty (all the way to the max), and only then, you take her virginity.
Well, it's a challenge all right. I'm just not seeing a good, thematic reward for this. The proposed ideas would mean every Dragon will want to romance as many women as possible, which is totally against the spirit of the mod. I could see some mild bonuses, like maybe better milk, or reduced runaway chances for all captives. I'm not yet convinced any of these would be a good idea, because what's the trade-off here? As far as I can see, 'loyal' captives are a straight upgrade over terrified ones.

I think that the best way to implement loyalty change, is to draw some inspiration from how experience is gained on followers.
Uh, now that really does not work. The obvious candidates would be 'willing' dragon-sex (which currently does raise affection), gifts like in DW 1.4.1, and maybe some sort of chat option.

...loyalty ... is innate to any follower... benefit from the stat boost.
Yeah, no. The power creep was bad enough already. And a dragon does not instil loyalty, he inspires fear. I don't think having to micro loyalty for minions would be all that fun.

modify the current "affection" stat: either increase the max value or rescale everything
If I was going to do that, I'd go with negative values of 'affection' being, well, actual affection.

...I really think that the affection stat should be renamed.
Well, the mod is from the dragon's POV. He finds terrified women cute and affectionate. :D Anyway, I suppose I can call it 'apprehension', instead.

in order to convince a maiden to follow you, you promise that you will not torture/kill/rape/whatever
Not really. You don't make promises to meat. :sneaky: What really happens is that they're so terrified they're willing to do anything to have a chance at not being pronged by the huge dick again, or pawed by goblins, etc.

...after loyalty is sufficiently raised, the maiden will willingly submit themselves to such actions from you.
That goes straight into the brainwashing category I don't really like too much. The maidens mostly pretend they like the sex, to save themselves from getting eaten. Some are nymphos. They are tortured into high-level affection, and I think the only exception is the 'brown tramp' who's already conditioned to like beastly cock and fails a will check.

...if necessary I suppose I can provide. Just let me know
In any case, getting a 'love route' in the game is not a priority of mine. It'd need at least the gifts mechanic, and porting that over is a medium-sized task. I have a big list of things to do that I find far more interesting.

If you're really serious about it, I guess you can write a sub-mod. We can discuss the specifics and details in private.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How does one capture a knight or thief?
By being so much more powerful than her that she doesn't fight to the death:
Code:
if knight_girl_level < dragon.level + random.randint(1,10) and knight_girl.power < dragon.power:
Code:
if thief.level >= dragon.level + random.randint(1,10):
     thief.alive = False
if random.randint(1,5) < dragon.rage:
    $thief.alive = False
if thief.alive and failed_defences and thief_girl.power < dragon.power:
Dragon level maxes out at about 44, so I guess some knights/thieves are impossible to catch. I think I'll add fear to level to offset that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambjorn187

ashrana88

Nov 21, 2017
Heya, I haven't touched these projects before, but they look quite interesting with some fetishes I enjoy (pregnancy, beast on women, bestial harem). Just wanted to clarify what kind of content in the game is mandatory or what a new player would be getting into (I am willing to get through high difficulty if the actual erotica is good).

Is killing/sacrificing women in the game a mandatory part of the experience? Because that would obviously be the biggest personal turn-off. From reading some of your posts, it's obvious that it's supposed to be a immoral fantasy, but are you able to make or "corrupt" your "slaves" to enjoy sex in a dub-con fashion? I think there is that term "mind-break" which doesn't really make sense, but is usually associated with fantasy content I find easier to enjoy when consensual isn't an option.

Obviously you have a vision for your project and you are putting a lot of hard work in, I'm mostly just curious if it's something I could engage with. Thanks in advance!

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
if the actual erotica is good
It's nothing special.
Is killing/sacrificing women in the game a mandatory part of the experience?
Yes,
but you can always catch new ones :devilish:
(or use cheats :eek: to give you the same bonuses)
it's supposed to be a immoral fantasy
that's an understatement.
but are you able to make or "corrupt" your "slaves" to enjoy sex
yes
in a dub-con fashion?
?
I'm mostly just curious if it's something I could engage with. Thanks in advance!
It is open source, so if you don't like something you can just learn python and adjust it yourself.:p

ashrana88

Nov 21, 2017
Dubious Consent, the fantasy fictional porn concept of forced sex but the victim inadvertently enjoying themselves or even treated as a minor inconvenience. Playing down the horrific abhorrent reality for fiction/fantasy basically.

Thank you for the answers/clarification. Is there perhaps a list or resource for finding cheats? From a cursory forum search I find mention of console commands being integrated, is there perhaps a list packed with the download?

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
Dubious Consent, the fantasy fictional porn concept of forced sex but the victim inadvertently enjoying themselves or even treated as a minor inconvenience. Playing down the horrific abhorrent reality for fiction/fantasy basically.

Thank you for the answers/clarification. Is there perhaps a list or resource for finding cheats? From a cursory forum search I find mention of console commands being integrated, is there perhaps a list packed with the download?
There is actually some consent (a very small number of girls can be taken by dragon willingly). But most of it is rape. Brutal rape, that can (and will once the dragon is bigger) result in the death of the girl.

ashrana88

Nov 21, 2017
It was mentioned that there is a cheat to disable that in the thread, so if I'm able to figure out how cheating actually works/what the actual codes are then that should probably be fine.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
what kind of content in the game is mandatory
Most of it. This is not really a smut game with gameplay any more, it's more of a light strategy game with a very difficult start and lots of stolen smut art.

what a new player would be getting into
Getting killed by watchdogs and peasants, reloading for sheep encounters, and the game over screen. There's a pretty representative example here. Read my reply, too, because many of these things were actually the result of misunderstandings or mistakes.

...if the actual erotica is good.
It's mostly random stolen art. I've tried to maintain some standards, but I inherited a bunch of ugly 3D pictures, and the randomness and general rarity of adult art featuring dragons means it's not really very consistent. I do think the pictures are generally above average quality given these limitations, but there are notable dips in several places.

The text part isn't all that good, either, since it used to be Runglish and a lot still is. If you're heavily into the fetishes involved (monster rape, with minor vore and guro; medieval adventurers, a little bestiality/tentacles), I guess it's passable.

Is killing/sacrificing women in the game a mandatory part of the experience?
Random slaughter and vore are avoidable. Sacrificing... Well, I suppose you can do without. But if you want to not lose? Absolutely necessary and you actually have to strive for it.

Because that would obviously be the biggest personal turn-off.
There is one not too hardcore sacrifice picture you're going to see quite often. You can replace it, if you wish, or lobby me for a replacement (possibly a game option) if you find something better.

it's supposed to be a immoral fantasy
Very much so.

are you able to make or "corrupt" your "slaves" to enjoy sex in a dub-con fashion?
Yes. My stance on it is that most of the captives are faking it after the dragon has broken their will to defy him, hoping to survive longer, but it's written ambiguously enough that you can absolutely interpret this as consensual. It's not explicitly dubious consent, though.

There is actually some consent (a very small number of girls can be taken by dragon willingly).
These are very rare, though, and I think only one (type) stays like that after being dragged back to the dragon's lair.

Playing down the horrific abhorrent reality for fiction/fantasy basically.
No. This is a game with very horrifying and occasionally lethal dragon sex. You usually rape and torture your captives to breed them and get their 'affection' level up. Depending on whether it's an easily cowed, slutty peasant or a haughty, prudish princess, that can take months and multiple pregnancies. You can always eat or dismember them, even during sex, and especially when they resist said sex and the dragon gets really pissed off at that.

"mind-break"
Well, not quite. I've steered clear of mind-breaking, magical or otherwise. Your victims are never truly content with being held captive, and if you give them a chance, they'll bolt. There will be a minor 'cheat' option in the future, so that max-affection captives never run away.

I'm mostly just curious if it's something I could engage with.
Do you want to play as a big bad dragon and/or a resource management game of raising one? If yes, this is the game for it. If not, Ravager is the better dragon game, and there are lots of other, more arousing monster breeding games out there (Goblin Burrow just got an expansion).

Is there perhaps a list or resource for finding cheats?
As I've said before, the console is a Python interpreter and you can basically program your own game in it (very inefficiently, it'll probably crash before you make significant progress).

A short list is here, and some more here. Basically, it's easier to open up 'game\_script\characters\PlayableCharacter.rpy', 'game\_script\characters\Girl.rpy' and 'game\_script\subsystem\Kingdom.rpy' and look for the attributes at the start of each file. If you want to do something more complicated, ask here.

It was mentioned that there is a cheat to disable that in the thread...
Not sure console actually works for that. Ambjorn made a mod for 'immortal girls' a few hotfixes back, and the WIP version does have a cheat setting for this now. But implementing that cheat setting took me quite some effort.

I guess you can just console 'lair.cells[x].maxhp = 10000' and 'lair.cells[x].hp = 10000', after putting her back in the 'free-range' area. But this will break combat if you use her for that, will trivialise torture as a way to gain affection, and you'll have to do the same for every new captive.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashrana88
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes