Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I... I'm not psychologically ready!
An infamy 4 knight won't be too bad. (S)he'll start out with bluesteel weapons, proper mail and a white stallion, i.e. a 'normal' knight instead of some sort of hedge knight. :)

Infamy 8 is where the big jump is, because everything scales with base stats.

Can't you run away until your infamy goes down again? Is your p... ahem, your dragon tiny, or why the panic? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: mordet

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
An infamy 4 knight won't be too bad. (S)he'll start out with bluesteel weapons, proper mail and a white stallion, i.e. a 'normal' knight instead of some sort of hedge knight. :)

Infamy 8 is where the big jump is, because everything scales with base stats.

Can't you run away until your infamy goes down again? Is your p... ahem, your dragon tiny, or why the panic? :D
Because he is impressive size only.. and you can't face 5 monsters against you all alone! But my first baby monsters are being born... Like... more than lizardmans so... I think it will be bearable? Mh... Drake have 130hp each for example......... MHHH I'll see :p

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
Because he is impressive size only.. and you can't face 5 monsters against you all alone! But my first baby monsters are being born... Like... more than lizardmans so... I think it will be bearable? Mh... Drake have 130hp each for example......... MHHH I'll see :p
I'll be honest, at some point, when you have minions, you never even fight the knight. I'ven't fought a knight in forever.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...when you have minions, you never even fight the knight.
This is perhaps the biggest reason why I'm limiting the number of minions who can be present in the lair at once (that, and to make larger lairs more attractive). To make things more even, traps won't count as 'regular' buildings any more, they will have their own size limit (again, up to lair size).

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
This is perhaps the biggest reason why I'm limiting the number of minions who can be present in the lair at once (that, and to make larger lairs more attractive). To make things more even, traps won't count as 'regular' buildings any more, they will have their own size limit (again, up to lair size).
No need to change "minions limit"... Just change the idea of it!
Example: You can have all the minions you want, but I don't expect them to stay around all the time... The ones that will truly defend your base will be just some "guards", the others just add a tiny part of their power to the actual defense total

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Edit: Just FYI, if I post and say something 'will change' or 'will be changed', it most likely already exists as code. If it's 'will be changing' or I put in qualifiers like 'when I get to it', it's just an idea. While the mod is currently standing still, there was a moderate amount of progress over winter and spring, and especially mid-summer. I already said my piece about 'homework'. :cautious:

Just change the idea of it!
That would work for the minion defense thing, sorta. But would do nothing to resolve the "100 lizardmen in a bear cave" issue. It'd basically be a village outside the lair, and I don't want that. One the dragon pays for. o_O The villages are in the tribe.

Last edited:
Reactions: mordet and Riujin

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
Is there a way to get the most up to date version? I mean the one you're working on? I'd like to play-test it give feedback.
(Also, trying the workshop decreased crafting time would be grand.)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not really. Some parts of it are broken (as in, broken up and not put together again), there are probably too many bugs that I'd want to resolve faster myself than chase dozens of bug reports, some bits might not even work without producing an outright error, etc. And trying to cut some working parts out for testing is a lot of ultimately pointless work.

Basically, it'd only really work if you wanted to become a modder/dev as well.

Workshop time isn't decreased, there's just a button that does all the clicking for 'best' treasure for you. Multiple workshops are already in the release.

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
Workshop time isn't decreased, there's just a button that does all the clicking for 'best' treasure for you. Multiple workshops are already in the release.
Really? because I have 12 workshops and making one treasure takes 6h.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It only works for parallelised production, i.e. you need to be crafting more than one item at once.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah. :cry: Right now, I'm looking if I can extend that to auto-craft as well, so you'll only spend time depending on total number of treasures crafted, not individual crafting rounds.

Edit: Seems to be working.

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
That would be very helpful. btw, I kinda fucked up earlier in my save and bought 1000 goblins. now my composition is all messed up. what are the different types of minions for the army. As in, are succubi elites or grunts? most of them are pretty clear, but some lie dragonspawns aren't. Elite or not?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Okay, the crafting changes seem to be totally isolated from all other code, and I did some testing on my own, so I guess you can test the auto-crafting feature. Still not sure some edge cases won't fuck up the calculations, but fingers crossed.

Edit: New treasurecrafting fixed and moved here.

what are the different types of minions for the army.
The only confusion is with grunts vs elites. Servants are the first column, snakes/specials are the last. Grunts are lizardmen, everything else is elite. So nagas, succubi and dragonspawn are also elites. I moved them over because I ran out of vertical space.

Diversity is a force multiplier, it's good to have, but not essential. You can probably go with just 100k goblins. :D

Last edited:

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
The only confusion is with grunts vs elites. Servants are the first column, snakes/specials are the last. Grunts are lizardmen, everything else is elite. So nagas, succubi and dragonspawn are also elites. I moved them over because I ran out of vertical space.

Diversity is a force multiplier, it's good to have, but not essential. You can probably go with just 100k goblins. :D
Wait, only Lizardmen are considered grunts? That would explain why my diversity is not going up. Petition to move Gargants and/or Crocs to grunt category :D Unless I understand it wrong and it counts up to Leafzard.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, all the proper lizardman subtypes count. Only Crocs, Kobolds and Dragonspawn aren't grunts.

Sabs249

Aug 13, 2020
Sorry to ask , but can somebody tell where to find Ifrits Castle please ? I am still missing the Fire Hatchery :/

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
Sorry to ask , but can somebody tell where to find Ifrits Castle please ? I am still missing the Fire Hatchery :/
IIRC mountains and sky have low chance to find it so keep trying those.
You aren't missing much if you already have the stone hatchery tho since its lower levels.

Sabs249

Aug 13, 2020
IIRC mountains and sky have low chance to find it so keep trying those.
You aren't missing much if you already have the stone hatchery tho since its lower levels.
Yes i have , but one quest i can not clear , i have the Balrog but not the Fire Hatchery :D But thanks i keep on trying my luck with the Sky and Mountains

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes