Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Was she impregnated before all these changes? Shouldn't matter, though. No, it should. Was she actually a virgin when she was impregnated? What's her .was_virgin?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
14 births per the image, all before the permavirgin flag. was_virgin is false in console. Set back to true?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If she's not a virgin anymore, permavirgin doesn't help her, since that only prevents virginity loss. But she's already lost hers. Give it back.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, so she wasn't a virgin, which means her .spawn_type was 'regular' and you got that subpar egg. Set her back to virgin and try again. :sneaky: Or just set the spawn_type manually.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
new captive console check fresh alva from sacrifice event;

1598885361988.png

perma is already set true? is that correct?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Thats what you said in your post.... I started to think and it should be set to false.

Good idea. I'll add a 'permavirgin' property. All you need is replacing this in 'Girl.rpy':
Code:
            self.virgin = True
            self.permavirgin = True
            self.was_virgin = False
            self.blind = False
            self.cripple = False
And making the four virginity losses in 'lair - cells.rpy' and 'rape_labels.rpy' into
Code:
    if not lair.selected_character.permavirgin:
        $ lair.selected_character.virgin = False
and
Code:
    if not rape.girl.permavirgin:
        $ rape.girl.virgin = False
To avoid errors in an ongoing game, you'll also need to manually set your girls 'permavirginities' by consoling
Code:
for girl in lair.cells:
    girl.permavirgin = False

for room in lair.rooms:
    if room.has('girl'):
        if room.girl:
            room.girl.permavirgin = False
And use this for whoever your favourite is ;):
Code:
lair.cells[X].permavirgin = True

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Actually no, I have been reloading saves. Now that it works fine I can continue. Probly should crack darkwood next :devilish:

Too much fear and devastation, the titan castle is very well hidden. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Mainly I was hoping to swoop down into the market to grab an easy wench. Clearly this capital city guards its market place a bit more dilligently, so that's not an option.
I forgot to mention this earlier, but if you beat the City Watch once, there's a chance that they decide they've had enough, hide in the tavern, and your next victims are 'free'. :)

In the WIP version this only works if the city has calmed down after your last attack, which can take several weeks. Or one week for 'secret' visits, which still get access to the now Watch-less market.

There's also a recharge period, which only works in the WIP version, i.e. once the next year rolls around, the watchmen sober up and go back to patrolling. You will also be able to rob the elves/dwarves/cathedral/brothel multiple times after a while.

Sneaky edit:
Well from a purely games mechanics, a-fuckton-of-invincible-demons-turned-up-out-of-nowhere perspective, then sure, obviously. From a deeper, game-lore, trying-to-understand-what's-going-on point of view, not so much.
That was exactly my reaction when I first ran into this in vanilla TfD, by ignoring one too many of the cultist events. Suddenly, there are these Warcraft characters everywhere, I can't really beat them back, the fuckers multiply too! WTF!? o_O It didn't help that I must've only skimmed the demon intro. I figured they were some kind of evil treants or something! :D

Then I thought about this a bit more, realised I had wasted all my time so far, ignored the cultists etc. And thought: hey, this is actually kind of cool! I'm gonna restart, but first, I'll really tighten up the screws, so I can't just reload my way out of this. And I'll also do this little change, and modify that a little bit and... well, here we are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Any intention to add to the brothel? Taking away the dark alva will destroy the brothel. Maybe add a high price for her?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Add what? The brothel will also enjoy yearly respawns, and you can first rob and then burn it, getting two girls in the process.

And the Dark Alva already costs (or will cost, I forget) 50 gold, with the option to kidnap her.

Aug 18, 2020
Yo yo yo, I have made a little evolution pack specifically for Ice Dragons. I feel everything in the initial thing can be added with a guide I'll put later, but I also wanted to include a few new mechanics like virility and a different method for alpinism. The guide to install these additions to Jman's mod is very much unfinished (didnt even include instructions on how to get the new evolution tab to show up), but I did include a beginning of one at the bottom, complete with the snippets of code I think you need to add/replace. I'll playtest this later, as I have not done so now, but I do want feedback on what evolutions a Ice Dragon should have that I have not yet added or thought of. Ill also try to compile the evolutions and their effects/mechanics in a pdf instead of having to read code on Notepad++

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Provoking an Angel inside the Ruined Cathedral results in some untranslated Russian text:
Yeah, I don't really have a good handle for when I break the translation and when I don't. Removing the Russian version, for now.

Yo yo yo, I have made a little evolution pack specifically for Ice Dragons.
Virility is somewhat interesting, although I have no idea why it's based on hpmult. o_O

Lairing without full immunity is weird, what makes him ignore the environment but not enemy attacks?

Making minions do ice damage is just broken. There will be Ice Wyrm minions for that.

Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for the catch on virility! That will help a lot when it comes time for my playtesting. Lairing without full immunity tbh is a bit weird to me too, but I wanted an appropriately themed lair for my Ice Dragon, and a northern mountain cave seemed ok. Maybe I'll add a new lair that replaces Ice Cave, which to me is like an igloo, and have the new lair require full ice resistance. But having to be literally immune to magical icy weapons wielded by Jotuns is a bit of a different thing than having to be resistant enough to make a shortish mountaintop cave. And making minions have ice damage is A) low on my priority list on figuring out how to implement, and B) not op compared to the difficulty of the game?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Maybe I'll add a new lair that replaces Ice Cave, which to me is like an igloo, and have the new lair require full ice resistance.
Well, the ice/fire lairs already have the drawback that you can just swap your heads around to get immunity, make your lair, and switch back. I may have to start kicking dragons out of their lairs...

But having to be literally immune to magical icy weapons wielded by Jotuns is a bit of a different thing than having to be resistant enough to make a shortish mountaintop cave.
The mountaintop cave is the Impregnable Peak. Or the Cave. Ice/Fire caves are a different environment.

...not op compared to the difficulty of the game?
You will be able to play on easy. :p And ice is your saving grace against many a bad monster. Taking this unique ability away from the Frost Wyrms is bad in my book.

Edit: Okay, dragons are getting kicked out of lairs now. :devilish: And the ice/volcano caves only require 50% resistance.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020
I have compiled the new evolutions for Ice Dragons, as well as a guide to install. Hope it brings someone joy to add this mod to the mod of a mod of a game.

EDIT: Literally forgot to attach the content

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes