Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
mess with the evolutions db
You can repurpose the '+size' selection menu for adding more evolutions beyond just small or medium size, if that's what you want.

Messing with the YAML data can get... messy. Don't add more than ~5 evolutions, or some assumptions will be broken.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I modify whats there, I think all the evo are fine. Also threw out the seal decay function code :ROFLMAO: Thinking of adding a different size choice next, "my cheat size" fully made dragon ready to rampage.

New style of event choice is great.

More opponents parrying and resisting is great - heal spell was pretty much underused.

End guard battles satiety bonus - is it random, or based on number of enemies?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
More opponents parrying and resisting is great - heal spell was pretty much underused.
Isn't healing still kinda weak? I.e. you heal, they damage you back for half of that, or so?

End guard battles satiety bonus - is it random, or based on number of enemies?
It's exactly 20% of the 'normal' HP of all the enemies you kill. Some difficulties inflate/deflate HP, but don't touch this value.

Also, it always existed, even in vanilla. I just finally made a message for it.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Even so, hardly used healing since most mobs pretty much took full damage. Now need to use while waiting for fireball to charge. Previously could just go all out offensive, then go to sleep to heal.

Guardpost counts as trap for quest requirement, intentional?

magic cum in rape scene has other requirements?

1605876086282.png

niiiiiceeeee flag note.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
most mobs pretty much took full damage.
Right, I forgot that you last played when enemies didn't wear armour yet.

Guardpost counts as trap for quest requirement, intentional?
How do you get that? It should not, and I just checked and it does not for me.

magic cum in rape scene has other requirements?
The only requirement is having some mana left. 'Magic cum' isn't what it sounds like, it's a magical condom. The actual 'magic' cumming has additional virility requirements.

Edit:
niiiiiceeeee flag note.
You evil queen-stealing... hymen-altering... lizard. :D

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If the 'fort' is the wooden one, it also has four built-in traps. These aren't shown in the general buildings list but rather under the 'evolution/traps/upgrade' toggle, to avoid too much clutter.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
ooooh I forgot that. Moved to the mountain now.

After battling some of the places that become lair locations, after raping the girl, the option to claim as lair seems to override the post rape girl options; take to lair or release.

stone manor.
monastery

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
After battling some of the places that become lair locations, after raping the girl, the option to claim as lair seems to override the post rape girl options; take to lair or release.

stone manor.
You sure? I just tried, and could beat the knight, rape the girl, lock her up and get the change lairs prompt, all nicely in succession.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Just had it happen to the abbey. After already living in an abbey. Not in debug mode.

I think try living in the same lair as the encounter?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019

stone manor.
You sure? I just tried, and could beat the knight, rape the girl, lock her up and get the change lairs prompt, all nicely in succession.

Edit: Tried living in the manor, everything still checks out okay. o_O Can you get a save where it happens every time or at least relatively frequently?

You can use 'renpy.call('event_plains_abbey') etc to re-trigger the abbey-clearing for testing,

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
It seems to go away after sleeping, its really hard to reproduce. A minor loss of poverty spreaders, nothing much to worry about I guess.

Rape scene interaction needs a dead check? Was able to impregnate a dead cult sacrifice, but of course did not have option to release or take - already dead.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It seems to go away after sleeping, its really hard to reproduce. A minor loss of poverty spreaders...
Poverty spreaders for you, seedbeds for others. If I could reproduce it, it definitely should get looked at. :cautious:

Rape scene interaction needs a dead check? Was able to impregnate a dead cult sacrifice, but of course did not have option to release or take - already dead.
I suspect it might be a problem with HP being between 0 and 1.

And the dragon might not care too much whether the hole he's humping is recently deceased or not. Although the dead girls' cries are somewhat spooky... :eek:

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
So just starting this game. How do I earn infamy when Im still tiny/cat sized? The only things I can succesfully do is hunt wild animals in the forest and that doesnt earn any infamy, but the starting quest needs you to get 10 of it?

Also, how do I reliably decrease my rage? Rage seems to constantly build up no matter what I do and I cant find a way to lower it other than fighting, which usually kills me at this point.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How do I earn infamy when Im still tiny/cat sized?
Get your goblin(s) into gear and go raid a farm or a herd of sheep. If your dragon is red, you can also burn some mills/granaries. The lame miner in the mountains might also work.

Also, how do I reliably decrease my rage?
Sleeping puts you back at 3 rage. Otherwise, a small dragon doesn't have a lot of options. Eating geese is perhaps the easiest one, but not very reliable.

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
Get your goblin(s) into gear and go raid a farm or a herd of sheep. If your dragon is red, you can also burn some mills/granaries. The lame miner in the mountains might also work.

Sleeping puts you back at 3 rage. Otherwise, a small dragon doesn't have a lot of options. Eating geese is perhaps the easiest one, but not very reliable.
What goblins? I cant afford to hire goblins. And where do I find geese? Also, is there a reliable source of food for a tiny dragon? Hunting in the forest for animals only has like, a 25% chance of finding something I can actually eat, rabbits or foxes, and the foxes leave me half dead. Anything else, deer, boar, or elf hunter, is too big and I have to run away. I literally cant do anything now, cause Im at 0 satiety and 1/10 health and 0/2 stamina. It wont let me sleep because Im starving, but I cant hunt because Im tired. Im literally stuck.

Last edited:
Reactions: deversari

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
So everytime I sleep Im getting an error about an elf ranger encounter? heres the full code:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I cant afford to hire goblins.
What colour is your dragon? Everyone except steel dragons can get at least one goblin from the start. Might need to search around a little, though. :)

And where do I find geese?
'Hunt for farm animals'.

Also, is there a reliable source of food for a tiny dragon? Hunting in the forest for animals only has like, a 25% chance of finding something I can actually eat, rabbits or foxes, and the foxes leave me half dead.
That's subsistence-level food. You can just eat the rabbits and geese, but that's no way to live. :sneaky:

Raiding herds and villages is a staple dragon activity, and the weaker ones are guarded by lone dogs.

So you need to beat a dog to either get some chickens, or even a whole herd of sheep. Steel dragons can do it relatively easily, everyone else needs to savescum or get the goblins. Unless you're playing on easy. Then you can probably beat the dogs without problems on your own.

I literally cant do anything now, cause Im at 0 satiety and 1/10 health and 0/2 stamina. It wont let me sleep because Im starving, but I cant hunt because Im tired. Im literally stuck.
You should be getting a game over, then. Maybe go somewhere so that the action counter becomes orange, and delete any extra parties you may have created. These all count as ways to become 'un-stuck', since there may be a hidden food source (i.e. a girl minion) in one of the parties, or you might be able to go and buy something with ~0 actions that aren't 'orange' yet.

So everytime I sleep Im getting an error about an elf ranger encounter? heres the full code:
I think you're missing a hotfix, because I remember eliminating that bug.

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
What colour is your dragon? Everyone except steel dragons can get at least one goblin from the start. Might need to search around a little, though. :)

'Hunt for farm animals'.

That's subsistence-level food. You can just eat the rabbits and geese, but that's no way to live. :sneaky:

Raiding herds and villages is a staple dragon activity, and the weaker ones are guarded by lone dogs.

So you need to beat a dog to either get some chickens, or even a whole herd of sheep. Steel dragons can do it relatively easily, everyone else needs to savescum or get the goblins. Unless you're playing on easy. Then you can probably beat the dogs without problems on your own.

You should be getting a game over, then. Maybe go somewhere so that the action counter becomes orange, and delete any extra parties you may have created. These all count as ways to become 'un-stuck', since there may be a hidden food source (i.e. a girl minion) in one of the parties, or you might be able to go and buy something with ~0 actions that aren't 'orange' yet.

I think you're missing a hotfix, because I remember eliminating that bug.
I was playing a gold cause it seems to be the only color the witch will talk to :p

My next playthrough i got the free goblins so that means I can actually beat the dogs now, hopefully that should help.

And yeah you're right I completely missed the hotfix listed right there on the front page -_-'

Thanks for the help and being so responsive!

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes