spunkinyourjunk

Mar 13, 2020
I normally never comment, but I gotta say HydraHenker, this is a quality game. I downloaded to coom, but stayed for the plot and time loop hijinks. I wish there were more games in this genre.

Reactions: HydraHenker
Apr 24, 2020
Not to toot my horn or anything, but I tried adding a daily hint whenever I do a full reset and the game feels a lot nicer.

Sometimes I have a plan on what to do, but then a hint shows up with something much more interesting. So the hint system works very well, it's just that it feels like admitting defeat when using it and it also feels a bit overwhelming with Cas just giving you a huge list.

The way it's implemented it creates a list of hints that advances the story for either a girl or a day, but only for the girls you know and the days you can get to. Then it picks a random girl or day, in order to spread the hints a little, and then picks a random hint of the ones available for that girl or day.
The fun stuff is also added, and is picked randomly like the girls and days.

I also created a backup save every time you do a full reset, because my save somehow got corrupted and I saved a little too rarely and auto save was too often.

There's no menu to find the backups, but you can use renpy.load("backup-X") where X is a number between 0 and 9, with 0 being the most recent backup and 9 being the oldest.

Personally I added a custom background for when the hint shows, just to make it look nicer, but I commented it out.

Oh, and I also commented out all the "you have to advance ..." comments, just so you wouldn't get any hints for day 5 when you are still trying to get past day 2.
The hints are something for you to do in this cycle after all and hopefully ensures that the player never feels like there's nothing to do.

The hint system does respect if don't like auto hints, so if that option is turned off then you wont get spoiled.

Reactions: JohnJG
Apr 24, 2020
Okay, I HIGHLY that you play through your own game and ONLY do what the hints tell you to. I've only started progressing on getting to day 3 and it has honestly felt like pulling teeth.

At first I thought it might have gotten too easy with hints showing up every reset and was planning on changing it to only happen when there's no progress in a reset. After all the game shouldn't feel like a guided tour.

But then the hints just ran out as I had exhausted the first two days.

Advance your progress with Dana and Mia is a VERY cryptic hint for "help Janice create a great speech for the demonstration and bring Dana and Mia with you, remember to also ensure that Georgia takes care of the trouble ... oh, and you want Dana to see the fighting."
Then do this twice!

There are just too many permutations of the demonstrations for you to rely on players getting it correct on accident. Remember, we have no clue how the parasite is moving from person to person and it's difficult to keep track of what state you are in.

I dread to think about what it will take to unlock day 4 and fear what it will take to unlock day 5. As much as I love the interconnected web of choices, but it's impossible to keep track of in your head and so the game loses its fun value very quickly.

It's such a shame, because the game is filled with interesting little options, but if you get distracted for just a moment you forget that they were there and will likely not get back to them.

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Not to toot my horn or anything, but I tried adding a daily hint whenever I do a full reset and the game feels a lot nicer.

Sometimes I have a plan on what to do, but then a hint shows up with something much more interesting. So the hint system works very well, it's just that it feels like admitting defeat when using it and it also feels a bit overwhelming with Cas just giving you a huge list.

The way it's implemented it creates a list of hints that advances the story for either a girl or a day, but only for the girls you know and the days you can get to. Then it picks a random girl or day, in order to spread the hints a little, and then picks a random hint of the ones available for that girl or day.
The fun stuff is also added, and is picked randomly like the girls and days.

I also created a backup save every time you do a full reset, because my save somehow got corrupted and I saved a little too rarely and auto save was too often.

There's no menu to find the backups, but you can use renpy.load("backup-X") where X is a number between 0 and 9, with 0 being the most recent backup and 9 being the oldest.

Personally I added a custom background for when the hint shows, just to make it look nicer, but I commented it out.

Oh, and I also commented out all the "you have to advance ..." comments, just so you wouldn't get any hints for day 5 when you are still trying to get past day 2.
The hints are something for you to do in this cycle after all and hopefully ensures that the player never feels like there's nothing to do.

The hint system does respect if don't like auto hints, so if that option is turned off then you wont get spoiled.
I like this idea of a hint or day. Once you get past the Day 3 wall you will start to see that some paths are more rewarding than others (if you didn't follow blindly the WT) and start to make your own timelines with the base action of days 1 and 2. That means that you will start to do fewer FULL RESETS and more of just jumping into your own timeline choices. So maybe this hint per day will pop up every time you land on a day from a reset (full, partials, timeline). I'm going to try it and see if it's not too annoying for the player.

The other thing is the hint system is restricted to the girls you meet and the days you play but once you pass the Day 3 wall, you will meet all the girls and reach up to Day 6 until the next wall. So the options to do stuff and the hints associated explodes.
Since I already made the memories you need to unlock in a semi-arbitrary order I could use that order to get the next hint of the stuff you need to do (This is the Autohint function) So for the hint of the day, I could pick the first hint of the Autohint so you will know where to focus. (This will remove the effect of the hint that gave me something more fun to do that you mentioned, but will decrease the chaos.)

I need to try this of course but thanks for the ideas!!!!!!

Cheers!

Reactions: JohnJG

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I’m lost in the walkthrough:

This option does not exist. Yes, I followed the walkthrough entirely. Twice.
This option will only appear when you see 4 different girls in the police line up and CAS challenge you to get all four of them together. This is associated to a FUN Point

Cheers!

Reactions: lurkin
Apr 24, 2020
That means that you will start to do fewer FULL RESETS and more of just jumping into your own timeline choices.
I just got to Day 3, so I haven't yet experienced it. However, I have already been jumping between save states a lot, which meant not so many full resets.
I think a hint on just full resets would be good enough, since there there doesn't seem to be enough save slots for you to stay in Day 3 forever. Additionally, by that point the player should have been trained to expect hints when doing a full resets, so it's not so much "I need a hint" (it might be good to keep the hint option in the menu), starting the reset with a hint is to ensure the player feels like there's something to do in that cycle.

Keep it simple, or at least the illusion of being simple.

But your hint system is pretty inconsistent I would say, maybe a result of not knowing what works. Like my last complaints about the many permutations on how the demonstration can go down, when speaking with Lisa about Claire, Cas just straight up tells you "bring these people or these people to the rally". It should have been a hint, since I've basically already done it.

Since I already made the memories you need to unlock in a semi-arbitrary order I could use that order to get the next hint of the stuff you need to do (This is the Autohint function) So for the hint of the day, I could pick the first hint of the Autohint so you will know where to focus.
I would honestly say that your hint system is pretty wonky and very much relies on many "if/then" statements. In reality your quest system is linear. There's many different paths to take, but to get a certain event unlocked there's just one way to get it, so a tree would seem fitting.
Also, pick a random hint, as there's a risk that the player might not understand it, especially considering how vague some of your hints are.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: It's not the best idea, as it's very brute force. Once a hint is completed, it doesn't show up again, so a list of the latest nodes will be better than starting from the beginning every time.

Last edited:

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
why doesn't the walkthrough include instructions for upping your stats? no way to pass onto to day 2 after I did all the walkthrough steps and 3 separate timelines only to find out I don't have enough skill points of whatever type...

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
I gave up on this game long time ago because it's too complex, but i just want to throw a question,

did the Dev ever bring any new mom content besides the one we see at the very beginning of the game where she's in the bathroom and we take a peek?

Reactions: WastedTalent

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I gave up on this game long time ago because it's too complex, but i just want to throw a question,

did the Dev ever bring any new mom content besides the one we see at the very beginning of the game where she's in the bathroom and we take a peek?
There is a little more at Day 4 night, Day 5 night and Day 6 morning.

Cheers!

Reactions: truerty

hakkkkaishin

Apr 7, 2018
Estou preso, não consigo cumprir a missão do professor. a opção de dizer que está usando trapos não aparece. nem a opção (. Foda-se ... cansei disso). para despir a blusa da Janice alguém sabe se há algum requisito para que essas opções apareçam ???

sem o tutorial consegui aparecer a opção uma vez, mas estava perdida e já era impossível fazer alguma coisa, então reiniciei o jogo, mas agora a opção 5. Foda-se ... cansei disso, de tirar a roupa da Janice camisa e pegue o Ponto Fun, não apareça.

hakkkkaishin

Apr 7, 2018
I'm stuck, I can't do the teacher's mission. the option to say that she is wearing rags does not appear. nor the option (. Fuck it ... I'm tired of this). to undress Janice's blouse does anyone know if there are any requirements for these options to appear ???

without the tutorial I managed to appear the option once, but it was lost and it was already impossible to do something, so I restarted the game, but now option 5. Fuck it ... I'm tired of this, to undress Janice's shirt, and get Ponto Fun, don't show up.

3.10 star(s) 81 Votes