Who's your favorite LI so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ABUBUBABA

Vineyard Vagrant
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
ABUBA I think there's an issue with the variable which always remains equal to 1, to increase the points use
lily_love += 1
Oof... I guess everyone will have to start a fresh playthrough on the next update then... Thanks for letting me know Roxy!

• Red Heart
Reactions: roxyt482

thswherizat

Jun 1, 2017
Just played through this, I often find myself skipping through a lot, so when a game catches my attention enough to slow down and actually read what's going on, I think that's a big positive. Art is nice, plot is not the most original but it is executed well, and I think the setup is a good one.

My biggest gripe so far is that a lot of the character arcs feel like they're happening incredibly fast. The daughter is starting to show signs of interest the second time you see her, Rei is just immediately interested in your MC, the Hana plotline is already resolved? It feels as though either way you tell her to leave the city and that's that. I understand the MC is now supposed to disrupt people's emotions, but it might be good if he expressed some surprise with how quickly people are acting more interested in him. On the second day driving the daughter home you could have him say "why is she acting like this? She never expressed interest in going anywhere with me before".

That is unless you are doing the galaxy-brain approach of the MC slowly finding out that his previous life wasn't actually that bad at all, but I don't feel that's the way you're leaning.

Finally I agree with some of the other posters that the Hana situation feels like it has resolved A: too fast and B: too completely. You have actually only met her the one time, show her the video and then gg that plotline is over.

I'm not sure what your future plans for Hana are, but I think it would at least help if she makes one or two more appearances in the game, such as coming by at work, before the confrontation. The alternative "The boss was blackmailing me into it" was a good twist that I was wondering if you were going to run with, but it seems not.

ABUBUBABA

Vineyard Vagrant
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Just played through this, I often find myself skipping through a lot, so when a game catches my attention enough to slow down and actually read what's going on, I think that's a big positive. Art is nice, plot is not the most original but it is executed well, and I think the setup is a good one.

My biggest gripe so far is that a lot of the character arcs feel like they're happening incredibly fast. The daughter is starting to show signs of interest the second time you see her, Rei is just immediately interested in your MC, the Hana plotline is already resolved? It feels as though either way you tell her to leave the city and that's that. I understand the MC is now supposed to disrupt people's emotions, but it might be good if he expressed some surprise with how quickly people are acting more interested in him. On the second day driving the daughter home you could have him say "why is she acting like this? She never expressed interest in going anywhere with me before".

That is unless you are doing the galaxy-brain approach of the MC slowly finding out that his previous life wasn't actually that bad at all, but I don't feel that's the way you're leaning.

Finally I agree with some of the other posters that the Hana situation feels like it has resolved A: too fast and B: too completely. You have actually only met her the one time, show her the video and then gg that plotline is over.

I'm not sure what your future plans for Hana are, but I think it would at least help if she makes one or two more appearances in the game, such as coming by at work, before the confrontation. The alternative "The boss was blackmailing me into it" was a good twist that I was wondering if you were going to run with, but it seems not.
I get that things are moving a bit too fast with the relationships, and I admit I rushed it because I'm strapped for time. I really want to take it slower, but with my job, side hustle, and ongoing class (as I mentioned in the first version if you've played it), it's tough. Still, I agree with your point.

I'm kinda bummed about how it's going right now. Do you think everyone would prefer if I spend more time digging into the current relationships in Chapter 1 (since it will be required to start fresh anyways) or should I focus more on the next chapter? Let me know!

And as I mentioned before, I'm keeping things hush-hush about Hana for the time being.

Reactions: thswherizat

thswherizat

Jun 1, 2017
I'm kinda bummed about how it's going right now. Do you think everyone would prefer if I spend more time digging into the current relationships in Chapter 1 (since it will be required to start fresh anyways) or should I focus more on the next chapter? Let me know!
I think there's two directions you could go with it. One would be to take a little bit of time to write some more about having some time passing, such as another image or two of each character describing the MCs interactions with them throughout the first week or two. He can be like "And the next few weeks passed... pretty much as normal. Dealing with dismissive coworkers, being avoided by Hana, (daughter) treating me like I didn't exist while I drove her around town..."

This would stretch out the narrative a bit so things don't feel like they're happening too fast, while hopefully only needing an extra couple of renders to work. You could also have things like getting the hidden camera take a bit longer to facilitate this.

The other way would be to lean into the issue, as I think I alluded to in the last post, have the MC notice that everyone is suddenly incredibly interested in him in a way they weren't before. Particularly with the daughter, he can be like "why the hell is she suddenly asking me to go for cake with her? She never did this before" and so forth. The MC should realize at some point that he's getting to see these differences because of the influence of the succubus, which explains why people's disposition is changing so quickly.

Finally, a third kind of tinfoil hat would be that this is actually how his life always was, he just got trapped in a self pity spiral and didn't notice all the good things that could have happened in his life.

ALSO, I think a few other name reactions could be fun from the Succubus when you name her from popular h games:

Amane or Celesphonia
Nanako
Alice or Alipheese
Lin, Kali or Ashley
Sill
Dynae or Izuin (Shuggerlain)
Mommy
Daddy
yomomma

Last edited:

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
I personally lean towards prioritizing quality over quantity. I'm confident that people are willing to wait for and experience something more genuine rather than quickly scrolling through five minutes of updated content that doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Considering the explicit background related to one love interest (Hana) and the apparent interest in her from some people, the portrayal isn't fully refined. As mentioned earlier, if the intention is to establish Hana as a genuine love interest despite her actions, there's a need to delve deeper into her character during Chapter 1. The rest is fine, but of course can expand to your own wishes if you think there is a need for it.

However, if this is perceived more as the development of a first game, more of a testing ground for learning purposes, the current state is acceptable.

No matter what approach you choose, I believe working step by step and releasing when you feel it's ready and up to your standards is crucial. If you find that the process is taking longer due to various reasons, simple updates for your fans with information, hints, or sneak peeks like CGs from the upcoming update can help maintain their interest and keep them engaged.

thswherizat
The alternative "The boss was blackmailing me into it" was a good twist that I was wondering if you were going to run with, but it seems not.
But thats the plot line for her. Or did I wrongly understood your sentence ?

Last edited:

ABUBUBABA

Vineyard Vagrant
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
I think there's two directions you could go with it. One would be to take a little bit of time to write some more about having some time passing, such as another image or two of each character describing the MCs interactions with them throughout the first week or two. He can be like "And the next few weeks passed... pretty much as normal. Dealing with dismissive coworkers, being avoided by Hana, (daughter) treating me like I didn't exist while I drove her around town..."

This would stretch out the narrative a bit so things don't feel like they're happening too fast, while hopefully only needing an extra couple of renders to work. You could also have things like getting the hidden camera take a bit longer to facilitate this.

The other way would be to lean into the issue, as I think I alluded to in the last post, have the MC notice that everyone is suddenly incredibly interested in him in a way they weren't before. Particularly with the daughter, he can be like "why the hell is she suddenly asking me to go for cake with her? She never did this before" and so forth. The MC should realize at some point that he's getting to see these differences because of the influence of the succubus, which explains why people's disposition is changing so quickly.

Finally, a third kind of tinfoil hat would be that this is actually how his life always was, he just got trapped in a self pity spiral and didn't notice all the good things that could have happened in his life.

ALSO, I think a few other name reactions could be fun from the Succubus when you name her from popular h games:

Amane or Celesphonia
Nanako
Alice or Alipheese
Lin, Kali or Ashley
Sill
Dynae or Izuin (Shuggerlain)
Mommy
Daddy
yomomma
Thank you for the suggestion!

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
The initial version of the game and the early players experienced a slightly different setup, with Hana not being a part of the game at all except for a photo. The developer confirmed that the primary focus was initially on creating a revenge story, with the explicit content and Hana's character being introduced later. Note that Hana was initially only crafted as a sole tool for the MC to enter the revenge plot and the decision to remove her early on was also probably influenced by the majority's here which preference go against such a character.

But it appears that the dev is open to exploring Hana's storyline further, especially if there is interest from the player community. However the execution and handling of her character in the current version could have been better, representing a missed opportunity. While it's not the worst, it falls short of realizing the full potential, particularly if the goal is to create a narrative where players might consider forgiving her actions.

Reactions: Fantasy Catharsis
Jul 31, 2021
The initial version of the game and the early players experienced a slightly different setup, with Hana not being a part of the game at all except for a photo. The developer confirmed that the primary focus was initially on creating a revenge story, with the explicit content and Hana's character being introduced later. Note that Hana was initially only crafted as a sole tool for the MC to enter the revenge plot and the decision to remove her early on was also probably influenced by the majority's here which preference go against such a character.

But it appears that the dev is open to exploring Hana's storyline further, especially if there is interest from the player community. However the execution and handling of her character in the current version could have been better, representing a missed opportunity. While it's not the worst, it falls short of realizing the full potential, particularly if the goal is to create a narrative where players might consider forgiving her actions.
Honestly if people want a more fleshed out story with Hana that's fine but I still would like there to be the option to yeet her out of the picture early. I know that it's almost turning into a meme at this point with how easy people can get triggered on this site about certain shit they don't like but I just personally don't see myself invested in more of Hana's story considering the choices that lead to her cheating even if it was under the pretense of blackmail.

If there was a way to maybe get her out of that situation then sure but it's always so weird to me that whenever blackmail happens in the office in these kinds of stories there isn't some option for the heroine to grow a spine and say "fuck this job, I'm telling my boyfriend about this". But that's just me. Cheers.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Honestly if people want a more fleshed out story with Hana that's fine but I still would like there to be the option to yeet her out of the picture early. I know that it's almost turning into a meme at this point with how easy people can get triggered on this site about certain shit they don't like but I just personally don't see myself invested in more of Hana's story considering the choices that lead to her cheating even if it was under the pretense of blackmail.

If there was a way to maybe get her out of that situation then sure but it's always so weird to me that whenever blackmail happens in the office in these kinds of stories there isn't some option for the heroine to grow a spine and say "fuck this job, I'm telling my boyfriend about this". But that's just me. Cheers.
I completely agree with your perspective. In games or stories where there's an element of revenge or betrayal, there are creative ways to navigate the narrative to prevent or avoid certain outcomes (NTR) while still maintaining the central themes. "My Bully is my Lover" seems to have a successful balance by transforming the initial antagonistic relationship into a love interest without delving into territories that might compromise the narrative integrity. Skillful storytelling allows for the exploration of complex themes while providing satisfying resolutions and character development.

But the game's narrative is designed to involve the MC getting cheated on, incorporating elements that portray it in a way that generates minimal negative feelings, aiming to present the character's actions more as a significant mistake than outright betrayal. Hence you can get rid of her from early on.

Yet I hope the approach would be focus on showcasing her journey of redemption, allowing players to witness her struggles and potentially discover redeeming qualities on the way. The player's choices may influence the trajectory of her role in the story, and it's possible to envision a scenario where she remains a part of the MC's harem, albeit not necessarily as a primary figure since she will be still on a path toward redemption. This nuanced portrayal adds complexity to the narrative.

Trust me, I get where you coming from as it seems we both share the common interest here. But depending how it will handle I will say perhaps giving it a try in the future wont be that of a hard deal breaker.

thswherizat

Jun 1, 2017
But thats the plot line for her. Or did I wrongly understood your sentence ?
Hey maybe I worded this poorly. My understanding was that the MC was like "she was cheating on me this whole time and never fessed up to it. Then when he (in game) confronted her with proof, it seemed like her story changed for the first time: he was forcing me into it.

I thought cool, that's a new direction to take this revenge, less of Hana being a dirty cheater and more of the boss being the ultimate bad guy. But then as MC the only direction you were allowed to take was "I don't care" about that fact. I was kind of hoping we could run with that revelation more, as it seemed like a new twist that didn't phase the MC at all.

But the author keeps saying he's got plans there, so I'm happy to see later versions of where that goes!

ABUBUBABA I'm deadly serious about wanting to be able to get a reaction from calling her Mommy

ABUBUBABA

Vineyard Vagrant
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Don't forget to like or review the game if you enjoyed it!!! I mean it!!!

No bad reviews though I can only take positive feedback.

ABUBUBABA

Vineyard Vagrant
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
I'm quite heartbroken because I saw someone had reviewed and rated TV 5 stars, but I think the review got deleted since they said the same thing twice to fill the 200 characters requirement. TT

4.50 star(s) 12 Votes