Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
The game havent been updated yet... it just pop in new release by error. The next release is due april 25th. If you have not play the game yet, i suggest to wait to april 25th, the game have change alot in gameplay.

Reactions: L7Bear

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Something seem to be wrong in the game, his sister's pic of her laying in bed, keeps popping up in all the time in the middle of everything :D
Yeah, there's unfortunately several bugs in the game that have been reported, stuck images, stuck after loading, as well as things like images skipping and too easy to skip some actually important animations for the story.

I've been working tirelessly now for almost 2 months for the upcoming release of Timestamps 0.4.0 on my own engine framework. So unfortunately we will not maintain or fix the current version. It was meant to be released to give the monthly update to the supporters and fans with new content, however due to a lot of complications with the current engine around the release date (the engine developers forced out broken updates), it caused several old bugs to re-appear. After posting a fix or two for some previous issues, it was decided to abandon Visual Novel Maker. Motkeyz spent a lot of time trying to fix many of the bugs. I've never really worked with VNM and if I were to hop in and help to fix, I would have lost a lot of time on developing the new platform. It's quite the dilemma but also a hit we have to take, because we know that this new engine is the way to go. This will be the final engine switch, and I am responsible for developing it and maintaining it, that will also let Motkeyz focus on making all that gorgeous art that he's excellent at :)

We're also investing tons of time into this project because we know it has a lot of potential, and hopefully we can show that in the next version. Support we get also goes into a fund that will be used to things like improving hardware to render faster, and make animations a lot smoother and better than today.

Also random fun fact, I've estimated that i've worked about 600-700 hours on VNGINE so far and the migration since I started it, in just 6-7 weeks. Imagine that! :)

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
The game after loading any save, hangs on this image, but keeps changing the dialogues of the scenes!

With anybody else does this happen? or just with me?

View attachment 88997
Some have this trouble, some do not. Its a weird situation cause by the engine that havent corrected. You will not enounter this kind of error in next release, april 25th!!

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
You realize by constantly repeating that date, you're setting yourself for a world of sniping if it comes out April 26th, right?

Now, I'M not doubting you, but, well, I just want to look out for you. Of course, if you really CAN go back in time, then you could actually release the complete game on the 25th.

My head is spinning. I think I will rest it on the desk while I try to figure out what I just typed.

Reactions: Motkeyz

finflash

Jun 7, 2017
I rarely post here but this game deserves credit. Great job guys, you are separating yourself from the pack. Also, listening feedback is sign of strength. Cheers guys!

However, I have a question: Are you planning to make a sandbox or more linear game play?

Reactions: Motkeyz

Dongness

Aug 17, 2017
@Motkeyz Hi! So you changed your banner but Bacon's mom it's still the same looking character like Tracy from dreams of desire only in the game you changed it what's up with that? :D

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
@Motkeyz Hi! So you changed your banner but Bacon's mom it's still the same looking character like Tracy from dreams of desire only in the game you changed it what's up with that? :D
Well, as i have explain before, its just a matter of hair style, this is one of the hair style, the other one in the game was in the morning :) You see how it change a character haha!

Reactions: Carcalla

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
I rarely post here but this game deserves credit. Great job guys, you are separating yourself from the pack. Also, listening feedback is sign of strength. Cheers guys!

However, I have a question: Are you planning to make a sandbox or more linear game play?
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, its appreciated! The game will be more sanboxy without the need to grind to much to obtain thing, i do not like this type of game, thats one of the reason (with the big limitation by the engine) that the current game is more linear. But with the introduction of the map and the inventory, it will give the player more thing to do :)

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
You realize by constantly repeating that date, you're setting yourself for a world of sniping if it comes out April 26th, right?

Now, I'M not doubting you, but, well, I just want to look out for you. Of course, if you really CAN go back in time, then you could actually release the complete game on the 25th.

My head is spinning. I think I will rest it on the desk while I try to figure out what I just typed.
Haha, if we mention this date its because we will be ready on April 25th, oh i did it again :) Well the machine is broken and we need to repair, we can just go back to relive yesterday...

Reactions: Carcalla

Dongness

Aug 17, 2017
Well, as i have explain before, its just a matter of hair style, this is one of the hair style, the other one in the game was in the morning :) You see how it change a character haha!
Hmmm now I am even more confused and curious about what to expect in the future LOL

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes