Wolf RPG WIP [TL Request] Two beasts or Not to Beast!! / Kinosei ハルキの最大の敵は理性 [Tokinokogiri]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

allinon

Sep 12, 2017
Small guide for all those want to play in English with MTool.

1. Download , at the very bottom you should see a Mega link. Download the zip, put and extract the MTool where you want it.
2. Launch the Tool which is in the file.
3. Drag and drop (e.g. Game.exe) into the MTool window or click to select the game executable.
4. Install & Go.

Update.

1. On the click on "Download Update Patch (Download when you need to update [not full update])", a .bin file will be downloaded.
2. On the MTool window, at the top of the app you should see 'New version available' click on the right, select the .bin file you have downloaded. The update is done!

Play without Lag.
In the middle, you can see that it is Recommended to put the Unifront, install it and click on the Change Font, I advise you to put the 'Unifont Smooth', Size '8' and Script on 'Western'.
MTool can use a lot of your CPU, to lower this a little, check in Misc that 'Parallax Intensity' is set at a minimum and that 'Performance Mode' remains checked.

Have fun! :cool:

If you want more help, the creator also makes tutorials
:unsure: Well... I suppose am gonna try... It's gonna be allot of fuck ups and slamming the desk from my side :whistle: but am gonna try!

SiraDra

Sep 6, 2018
Small guide for all those want to play in English with MTool.

1. Download , at the very bottom you should see a Mega link. Download the zip, put and extract the MTool where you want it.
2. Launch the Tool which is in the file.
3. Drag and drop (e.g. Game.exe) into the MTool window or click to select the game executable.
4. Install & Go.

Update.

1. On the click on "Download Update Patch (Download when you need to update [not full update])", a .bin file will be downloaded.
2. On the MTool window, at the top of the app you should see 'New version available' click on the right, select the .bin file you have downloaded. The update is done!

Play without Lag.
In the middle, you can see that it is Recommended to put the Unifront, install it and click on the Change Font, I advise you to put the 'Unifont Smooth', Size '8' and Script on 'Western'.
MTool can use a lot of your CPU, to lower this a little, check in Misc that 'Parallax Intensity' is set at a minimum and that 'Performance Mode' remains checked.

Have fun! :cool:

If you want more help, the creator also makes tutorials
Like legit thanks. This is probably the most useful translation tool for it, that least makes it playable English-wise. (least working for me)

Reactions: lTTMl

novaphaux

Apr 26, 2022
Some steps to make the tool work despite the 'errors'

1. Install the game tool into separate folders
2. Run Tool, update it, install the Unifront as recommended.
3. Restart the tool.
4. Select the Unifront as recommended. Your text preview should have no [] or [/] or [x] between both sides. If not install the Japanese language perferred language in windows but dont set it as your main language after its installed. Restart as nessecary to check your work.

Once you get to this point of making sure the text in the previews how both english and japanese characters we're half way done.

5. Prep the tool by having it open
6. Click Install, you will get errors asking for the game exe. tell it okay.
7. Drag and Drop the game into it. You should get a similar error as before (wolf engine not stable run win 10 ect) Click though the errors.
8. Click Re Run the previous game. this will then install the files into the game folder and may even run the game.
9. If this doenst launch the game goto the game folder and run the run with tool batch and then run the Mtool game exe instead.
10. This should finally launch the game wiht the tool open.
11. Access the tool Trasnlate feature, select langauge and do the downloads (theres two buttons one to gather the game files the other to download from google)
12. Enjoy a mostly translate game.

Sorry if I dont have the specific buttons listed darn tool is a bit hard to close.

• Red Heart
Reactions: -.Sei.-

Bluefurryfox

Mar 11, 2022
V1.08 ----->enjoy.

text hook programs doesn't seem to be working with wolfRPGs games,
i ran into this helpful program, its not perfect, but its better then nothing at the moment.

View attachment 1424932 View attachment 1424933
Ay wish this game is available on android plss make avalable on android or try to rebuild the game end try to uses that make rpg game plss be available on android

gstomper12

Mar 14, 2019
So the latest update for mtool fixed my problem it launches now i don't know if it's like that for everyone

Galgramax

Aug 7, 2018
So I saw that there was an Mtool thing for this game and tried it out, and while it's going well, I've been having some... Weird issues with the art and animation for scenes. As in where sometimes layers of characters don't even appear, which can be distracting, to say the least. The least offensive of which is when the characters' faces disappear, which I'll post an example of as an image (edited to be very safe for work obviously), but sometimes it can be literally everything BUT the face. Any ideas on what's going on/how to fix it?
This is a freshly downloaded copy from DLsite, btw.

White Bomber

May 30, 2019
doesnt work for me bro
waited 5 minutes or so

like iv said, its a fragile program,
do not mess or change or do anything in the settings.

delete ztranslate and download it again in its default setting,
in game press the "~" key on your keyboard (the upper key near the 1) & wait few sec.

it should work with wolf engine games, iv already tested it with other games
2022-4-11-7-25-200_t.png 2022-4-11-19-7-590_t.png 2022-4-11-7-51-410_t.png 2021-9-16-15-56-450_t.png 2022-5-2-22-41-180_t.png 2022-4-11-10-6-390_t.png 2022-4-10-1-49-530_t.png 2022-4-10-1-53-530_t.png

Last edited:

canibusted

Mar 17, 2019
Maybe because they've done the translation but never wanted to release it for others? Also if you find it so easy why not do it yourself? Spend around two to three days of your free time to translate strings of text without touching scripts that crash the game for ungrateful us. Show what you can do.
If you had read the thread you would've seen that I had accepted the offer one of them made to teach how it's possible to do it. I'm more than up for it if someone at least give me a starting point. Which is their word that it's possible in the first place, not mine. Your passive-agressive reply is directed at the wrong person.
I can tell you that you are both correct. I had never really looked at this wolfrpg stuff but I do have a lot of experience reading code; once the decrypt program was updated I unpacked the wolf files and looked around. I can explain the basic structure of how the scripts are written, but the way this thing works means that it won't be anywhere close to easy to just feed these things through a program, unless some regex-that-works-with-asian-characters god shows up and that's unlikely.

I was able to google translate lines of dialogue and they show up in-game, though. I couldn't figure out this god awful wolfrpg editor and saw no way to re-pack the wolf files even if I bothered, but if you change the name of the .wolf files (to something like .wolf_bak, it will look for a folder in that directory with the same name as the original wolf file, so any edits you make will show up. That part was easy, it's just knowing what not to touch in the text files.

I don't have anywhere near the patience to go through that much stuff using google/yandex translate... but I can explain the content of the text files if someone else is more motivated. Downside of this is if there's a patch or dlc.... you may have to start over.

Reactions: Garnser

ArdalDandorf

May 26, 2022
For what ive seen and tried myself so far, what canibusted mentioned above about running the decrypted folders seems to be the safest solution to translate the whole game (textual/visual content) without having to mess with Wolf Editor in order to recompile/reexport decrypted/translated files.
(as long as the modifications concern Text_Script and sprites, assuming theres no important string attached to other wolf sub files like maps/anims and such)

As i was thinking of doin some tanslation myself while playing through the game, as a way to follow the story while identifying terms / sentences i cant recognize with my poor japanese skills. I may have a vague idea on how to handle such massive mess of a localization.

Since ive already worked on game coding and project versioning, a good way to keep track of the changes on text files and textual images alike could be through using a tool like Github (Desktop or other) for example.

This would not only allow to revert breaking/messing with the code, but also keep track of the Update function, revealing the udpated wolf files (thus decrypted ones, by comparing with current untouched v1.10~v1.11), if would there be some additionnal content to modify / translate to come.

Even if it means having to keep the the decrypted/modified data folders (txt, pngs...etc) this way in the end.

note : So far some simple Notepad search seems to do the trick when having to locate text i can recognize on play, while keeping in mind whats goin on for better localization accuracy, instead of mass brute translate and maybe mess with paths/functions.

But ye in the end still a big and tedious mess of work to go through haha

Last edited:

ArdalDandorf

May 26, 2022
[SOLVED]

Btw, since yall in here seem the only overseas group ive recently seen active around Kinosei (toward the main purpose of this thread of course),

I also allow myself to point an issue some reported (supposedly fixed) a while back (2019) about the sound/audio missing or not working on play. I recall a member mentioning having to change default audio device to headphones in order to make it work.

Caus i got a laptop on which nothing i tried managed to make the game audio work, and its driving me crazy. Since ive never faced such an issue with older Wolf RPG games such as Mad Father, Misao or The Crooked Man.

And currently no audio device (speakers, headphones... etc) seems to work with the game.

Tried :
> reexporting game
> switching headphones
> changing default audio device
> mess with audio params/configs
> run as administrator
> run in safe mode,
> run with local emulator
> reinstal audio drivers
> reset sound card

Config : Asus TUF A15 / Win 10 / Realtek Audio

While oh the other hand every other audio application work on the laptop, as well as the game runs just fine on my main computer.
> additional note : audio also doesnt work with any version of the game, from 1.00 to 1.10, not even the trial version of the DL site

The problem is making me go insane since ive never faced such an issue with older Wolf RPG games such as Mad Father, Misao or The Crooked Man. And nobody else on the net (except here) seems to have reported similar issue around Wolf RPG Editor games or Kinosei itself.
Even around the japanese Wolf RPG community, for what i have been able to search with my skills lol.

If any of yall faced / have knowledge of that issue, i would be glad to have some lead on what could cause that problem.

Thanks in advance

[SOLVED]

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ravelord Nito

ArdalDandorf

May 26, 2022
[SOLVED]

Updates (gathering sound issue updates in one message)

Update 1 : After some tests, it seems only my asus laptop suffers from that no sound issue, every desktops/laptops ive tested are fine, so the problem might be very specific to my config
(sorry for flooding the thread with this, but will keep this updated as long as i cant get around with such bug TwT)

Update 2 : Tested with other sound devices, like HDMI audio from a TV / PC screen, to have these secondary drivers running, and no luck, still no sound...
I must precise that in the sound players window (where you see active devices), whenever the game is playing, there is no audio coming from the game, the sound incidator jauge nevers goes up, so after these tests i am assuming its not sound device / card related.
I am also taking in account the fact the games mutes itself automatically whenever the window is inactive.
If its not sound chip / card related, i guess theres something messing with the files / OS. Preventing my system to play or understand what the game tries to do with the sound files, or even preventing the game to select the right audio device or whatever, i dont know.
I guess the new step will be full windows reinstall, and if nothing changes, full computer formatting -w-

Update 3 : Also tested other recent Wolf RPG games, just in case, and only Kinosei does that with my specific laptop, like if how they encoded the game just goes against my laptop config or whatever, why is this even happening TwT

Update 4 : Sooo going deeper into the madness, tested some things with Voicemeeter, to make sure the drivers are not to blame.
It seems that neither of the WDM, MME, or ASIO (even ASIO4ALL) drivers seem to catch a single sound coming from the game.
I think its time to REINSTALL :333333
update 4.2 : nope, not even full windows reinstall did the trick TwT

udpate 4.3 : might have a lead where i could dig, but it involves doing a hard windows reset / formating, tho id had prefered to avoid purging all files -w-
I currently work on a Windows 10 Pro N, for what i know the N version is supposedly more lighter, missing some windows media codecs and other aesthetic apps i didnt need (hence my installation). The thing i suspect is that the Wolf game tries to access possibly missing audio codec libraries from my current win 10 version.
Tho it seems stupid since with vlc, web browsers and such, audio works just fine... -w-"

FINAL UPDATE : IM SUCH A BIG NOOB xDDD
It was indeed missing windows codecs causing Kinosei run silent, installing K-Lite Codec Pack did the trick.
Avoided a complete hard reset.
Marking the issue as solved. Sorry again for such nonsense, letting the thread flow again :3

[SOLVED]

Last edited:

White Bomber

May 30, 2019
iv ran into a really powerful translation program that can translate almost anything, you can use both DeepL along with the offline version,
the program offline version is somehow better then the DeepL translation in term of accuracy.

download link sources:

quick guide:

testing it on wolf-engine/unhookable games:
5.PNG 4.PNG 3.PNG 1.PNG 2.PNG Capture.PNG Capture.PNG 1653767557300.png 1653768001600.png 1653770186500.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote