Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
1658246522159.png

I hope everyone is enjoying Chapter 8. For those in the Tip tier, you'll have Chapter 8 this Friday. Renders have started on Chapter 9, though I will likely add another scene or two to fill it out. Those shouldn't take long.

Chapter 10 is almost completely written. I'll need to review the rough draft of the script, but it is shaping up nicely with a lot of content. I tried a new writing method with it, and early results are positive. Will need a few more updates to see if it is really an improvement. There are some new assets I'll need for Chapter 10, but I don't anticipate that taking a long time.

The release of Volume 1 got the greenlight from Valve last week, and I am very excited to launch . Other than testing a couple of things that are specific to the Steam edition, we are all set for the launch on Steam on September 30. Except for all the promotion I need to do first. , and I appreciate any promotion you can give it (without spamming). Volume 2 of To Be A King will be available on Steam as DLC, shortly after I make the final release of it here on Patreon.

1658246558866.png

I've got a few more improvements to my development process that I want to make, but I've pushed those off until after Chapter 9. The only change I've made is, due to the upcoming termination of support for the Atom editor, I switched over to Visual Studio Code with Renpy support for Chapter 9's development. So far so good, after getting comfortable with it. Looks like I will really need to dig in at some point to all the shortcuts I can use with VS Code. The Steam release preparations took nowhere near as long as I expected, but I wanted to go ahead and get rolling on Chapter 9's final development. When things are going smoothly, I've learned it is best to seize that opportunity and crank out releases.

I'll be on "vacation" next week (it's visiting family, so not really a vacation), so there won't be a development update for at least two weeks. Before I head out, I'll get as many renders of Chapter 9 done as I can. Have a great week, and I'll have another progress report soon!

P.S. Chapter 9 will release on September 13.

----------

Faun

Jun 11, 2017
To Be A King (0.8.1) Walkthrough Mod + Replay Unlocked(Updated!)

Game version: v0.8.1
Mod version : 0.2

Use this at your own risk! This may break your game or saves for future updates!

*If you find any error replay my comment or DM

*Mod is updated! Yay! Im tired and sleepy, soo if you found some error please let me know!
Ty very much!

RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021
i'd say not compatible with new renpy.
Some games on android doesnt have text box opacity and it really tilts me and quality on android ports lets say garbage(no offence porters i still thank you for some games) thats why i often just play with joiplay

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
nice update as usual, some sex and funnies and bit plot.

dinah is really tall girl.

screenshot0001.png

ITRoy

image bug if made valentina path save some versions ago. fine on aelinia path.

screenshot0002.png

y7521y

May 26, 2019
The same happens with the clean install without multimod. Gallery and sometimes the Info (Bio/History etc.) panel all give that bug.

PS. Add this instruction (e.g. put the attached file into the folder "game":

Code:
define config.allow_underfull_grids = True
Thanks

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
I enjoyed the update as always, although it did seem shorter than usual. I am looking forward to the next one. The MC did seem more aggressive during this update, not only during his conversation with Aristhenes but also how he tried to force Estrid and Lydia into giving him what he wanted. Perhaps we are seeing a new side of him.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
So, the mod says to go with this but when I did that it said I had rejected Diana. If I have to pick between them, I'm going with Dinah, but is this a bug in the mod, is the mod just trying to unlock the most scenes and this does that in the short term but locks out Diana in the long term... or is there some other reason that rejecting Diana is the better option? Like, does having her mess things up later with other girls? I did a quick search and all I saw was people talking about who they preferred between the two, or if picking Diana eventually locks out Dinah or not like picking Dinah does to Diana. But that was all before this latest update so maybe the mod is taking future variables into account?
screenshot0001.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
So, the mod says to go with this but when I did that it said I had rejected Diana. If I have to pick between them, I'm going with Dinah, but is this a bug in the mod, is the mod just trying to unlock the most scenes and this does that in the short term but locks out Diana in the long term... or is there some other reason that rejecting Diana is the better option? Like, does having her mess things up later with other girls? I did a quick search and all I saw was people talking about who they preferred between the two, or if picking Diana eventually locks out Dinah or not like picking Dinah does to Diana. But that was all before this latest update so maybe the mod is taking future variables into account?
I do not think it is known at this point. Dinah has more content right now if you accept the proposal (2 scenes if I remember correctly). However, the choice I went with (so far) does not lock anything out: why not both -> prefer older women I think. It gives you less scenes with Dinah, but does not lock anything out so far. It might also be possible to reopen paths in the future also like some other girls in this game.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
interesting. . .
the three older men (king and two generals) look like each other and like manuel ferera kinda. . .
or maybe the advisor resembles the other two more than general nicabar

Last edited:

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I do not think it is known at this point. Dinah has more content right now if you accept the proposal (2 scenes if I remember correctly). However, the choice I went with (so far) does not lock anything out: why not both -> prefer older women I think. It gives you less scenes with Dinah, but does not lock anything out so far.
This is unfortunate and an odd move for a harem game, but maybe it'll make more sense later. I wish we had more information now though. I'll probably just pick Dinah for now as I like her more anyway and some of the other girls have already said some things that seem to make it sound like Diana isn't a good idea to try and add, and if it permanently locks out Diana then oh well.

It might also be possible to reopen paths in the future also like some other girls in this game.
Are you saying it was possible to reject someone and still get them in the harem later? I just accepted everyone when able, so I haven't seen it happen if that is the case.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Are you saying it was possible to reject someone and still get them in the harem later? I just accepted everyone when able, so I haven't seen it happen if that is the case.
that we'll see in future.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
This is unfortunate and an odd move for a harem game, but maybe it'll make more sense later. I wish we had more information now though. I'll probably just pick Dinah for now as I like her more anyway and some of the other girls have already said some things that seem to make it sound like Diana isn't a good idea to try and add, and if it permanently locks out Diana then oh well.
IIRC i think the only LI which didn't like Diana is Aelina. The reason was cause she is the richest person in the empire and thinks of the benefit of her family before the sake of the empire (or the royal family) and she doesn't like how she treats her daughter.
Which is kinda rich coming from Aelina, seeing that she puts her own wishes before the sake of the empire too and is pretty determined to do anything to become the queen.

There are also rumors she poisoned her former husband, which Aelina treats as a truth, but at the end of the day that's just a rumor and seeing she is very successful as a woman, good chance it's out of spite.
Who knows, probably she resembles Aelina just too much of herself.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020

It is a weird choice, but I guess we will see how it goes. I do like Dinah more too though, so I will also choose her if we have to.

I also go for every girl, but I believe you typically get a second chance before total rejection. For example, with the other general's daughter, there is a variable called "kaylan_late_addition" for her.

keterboy

Jul 2, 2021
IIRC i think the only LI which didn't like Diana is Aelina. The reason was cause she is the richest person in the empire and thinks of the benefit of her family before the sake of the empire (or the royal family) and she doesn't like how she treats her daughter.
Which is kinda rich coming from Aelina, seeing that she puts her own wishes before the sake of the empire too and is pretty determined to do anything to become the queen.

There are also rumors she poisoned her former husband, which Aelina treats as a truth, but at the end of the day that's just a rumor and seeing she is very successful as a woman, good chance it's out of spite.
Who knows, probably she resembles Aelina just too much of herself.
my thoughts too. Aelina low key is projecting. great story

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes