Draco0

Apr 20, 2020
Some games on android doesnt have text box opacity and it really tilts me and quality on android ports lets say garbage(no offence porters i still thank you for some games) thats why i often just play with joiplay
There is an android version that is small enough

K18

Apr 19, 2018
ch9-preview6-unused.jpg

Another productive week. Nice that these are becoming the norm. Chapter 9 has a few code improvements, with a few more set to come in Chapter 10 (to give me more time to test those). The big addition in Chapter 9, besides all of the new game content, will include chapter interstitials to let you know when you start a new chapter. I've gone back and added these to Volume 1 on the marketplaces, including the upcoming Steam release. My thanks to those of you who suggested these.

Other than that, we are in the home stretch for Chapter 9 now. Just a few things to polish. I've been able to focus on the story and some other prep work for the next project. I'm certainly farther ahead there than I thought I would be at this stage. Nice to have plenty of time to think things through and make changes. It is also a reminder of, despite all the work I feel To Be A King needs, how much of the heavy lifting for it is done. The UI work in Renpy alone for this next game may give me ulcers.

As for the of To Be A King, that code continues to receive little tweaks, but myself and the beta team have been through it enough now that I am not fearful some bug slipped in. I'm also pleased with the interest, as I've had several Steam curators reach out over the past week requesting copies to review. I continue to promote it on Twitter, and I appreciate any promotion you all can give it, especially once we get closer to its launch. Just shy of a month away from that (Friday, September 30), and I've already cleared my schedule for that Friday and the weekend, in case something comes up with it.

I'm finishing up some cool new ways to let you all know more about the love interests for the next project. Those should start going out to all patrons sometime in September. Oh, and it won't be long before we have another poll for a special render. This time for September's special renders series.

I could drone on more, but no point in boring you all. As summer draws to a close, I want to thank everyone for their support. I hope the frequent releases of To Be A King, and the progress on the next project, is a sufficient reward. I'll be back next week with the final development update before Chapter 9's release.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
ch9-preview8-unused.jpg

Locked and loaded. Chapter 9 is ready for its closeup, Mr. DeMille. A week from today Chapter 9 will be available for you to download (at the $5+ tiers). I have stocked up on popcorn for the reactions to this one. Remember that Chapter 10 isn't too far behind (mid-November release for it), and Chapter 11 is around the proverbial corner too. I'm pretty pleased with the release cadence, especially since content isn't suffering with major cuts.

Beyond that work, I snuck in a bit more development work on the next project. It is shaping up to really test my skills in several areas, but that is a very good thing. Would be a shame to just churn out a clone of To Be A King with new models and a different story. I've got a lot of things planned for it, but until I'm confident they can be included, I'm keeping my mouth shut. Some of these things may make their way into To Be A King over the next few chapters so I can get more practice, but we will see. As I've said before, I'm at the point with To Be A King that I'm not going to devote time to revamping anything significantly. I'll be opening up the previews of the love interests for this next project to all patrons this month.

After Chapter 9's release, I'll be spending a few days doing some testing and training on some items that have been on my to do list for awhile. Then it's right into render work on Chapter 10 with some script development for Chapter 11 on the side. The only downside of working this far ahead in the story is that I forget what I've released already, so I'm having to keep my mouth shut on the story for fear I accidentally reveal a spoiler.

A little over three weeks until the , and I am ready for that to happen. It feels like it has been six months since I put the store page up. I've got what I hope are some very fun things leading up to the launch and just after it. Even longtime supporters won't want to miss some of the exclusive artwork, so make sure to follow, or at least bookmark, my . I'll be having a countdown over there, some exclusive renders, and some other fun things through at least the first week after the Steam launch on September 30. Artwork is all queued up and done, so I can just use my posting schedule to get it out there. Any retweets are appreciated.

The special render poll for this month's special render(s) is up, in case you missed it. It's going to be a very busy September here at IT Roy HQ, but I'm excited about all the fun stuff that finally launches this month. No development update next week since I'll be releasing Chapter 9. Have a great week, everyone!

badass

Jul 24, 2017

Beginning with Chapter 9, I'm releasing patches that provide the new chapter content, but in a much smaller format since the patch does not include previous chapters.
The patch works on both PC (Windows & Linux) and Mac versions. Unfortunately, I'm only able to test and provide the instructions for the Windows version. The patch is a lot smaller, as it just contains the new content and changes to some other files since the previous chapter. The patch is not standalone, and it does require that you have the full game previously downloaded and still have it on your computer. Here's how to get these patches installed. I also made a video of the process you can .
Windows Patch Install
  • Download the patch file and unzip it.
  • Browse to the folder you unzipped, and you should see some .rpa files inside that folder.
  • Open a new File Explorer window and find your To Be A King folder with the game content. Inside that folder will be subfolder called game. Open that folder.
  • Drag and drop (or copy) all the files in the patch folder to the game folder and be sure to overwrite any files when asked.
  • Launch To Be A King from the executable, and it should now show a new version number on the main menu and have a different main menu image. If it does, congrats! You have installed the patch properly. Load your old save and go play!

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes