Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
while it sounds nice you don't want that.
Depends how it's done. All of the girls together...yeah no chance that will end well, not to mention the headache for the MC.

If you choose some some LI's for counselor/adviser positions it could go well. And would lessen the work for the MC, can't do everything yourself as king.
Estrid - military
Lydia - trade/economics
Valentina - PR
Casia - entertainment (her zoo could be fun, in the arena) :whistle:
etc.

well that would be taken bit more better than making viking princess a queen.
Except she is also a foreigner and a slave on top of it, at least Estrid is a princess and brings a alliance with a powerful country.
Also all three factions already said, yeah Estrid is fine, so...and if not, the MC's soldiers can make themself usefull.
Any more objections...good :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: cxx and HiP1

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
well that would be taken bit more better than making viking princess a queen.
I dont give a shit what the people think, my dungeons are ready!

Seriously though I put loyalty and trust as the priority needs for a queen the mc will have to show the people he was the right choice and has everyones interests at heart. The factions only care for getting preferential treatment, no one really cares who the queen is beyond that and you cant please them all if there can only be one queen. They can fall in line or try a coup and hang for treason I'm cool either way. I mean if mc is marrying all of them they should all be pretty pleased anyhow and learn co-operation instead of conquest.

If I was only picking for the faction I don't see why Estrid would be a bad choice though, east and west would have to suck it up or face the consequences. The best generals with the best armies as long as you still have your troops on side, pretty sure they just want to go looting like orc's anyway and will be fine as long as they are paid :ROFLMAO:.

• Haha
Reactions: Raziel_8 and cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I want that. it doesn't mean I'll listen to their recommendation. it's just to give them equal importance so they won't complain later :D
well it's your headache to suffer, not ours.

• Haha
Reactions: HiP1

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Depends how it's done. All of the girls together...yeah no chance that will end well, not to mention the headache for the MC.

If you choose some some LI's for counselor/adviser positions it could go well. And would lessen the work for the MC, can't do everything yourself as king.
Estrid - military
Lydia - trade/economics
Valentina - PR
Casia - entertainment (her zoo could be fun, in the arena) :whistle:
etc.

Except she is also a foreigner and a slave on top of it, at least Estrid is a princess and brings a alliance with a powerful country.
Also all three factions already said, yeah Estrid is fine, so...and if not, the MC's soldiers can make themself usefull.
Any more objections...good :whistle:
yessss !

wife ministers !
Aelinia/Lydia queen/royal advisor or province management and policies (depending on your chosen faction)
Valentina intelligence (she is the only one we can trust for now)
Diana trade/economics
Cassia/Isabella entertainment and fashion
Estrid defense
Flora/Kaylan/Eliana infrastructure + workers
Dinah education
Helena retirement
Alessia postal services and parcel delivery
Marius wokeness campaigns

Rashida and Juliana are still on hold until new ministers open :D

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
More like military/spynetwork
Dinah...party planner ??
You mean like the court jester :LOL:
Personal masseuse is fine, not all need to be advisers

:KEK:
Well, Dinah is a blank canvas, we can teach her anything.
Kaylan and Eliana might be competent, but I'm not sure they can be trusted with that much power, yet :D

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Well, Dinah is a blank canvas, we can teach her anything.
Kaylan and Eliana might be competent, but I'm not sure they can be trusted with that much power, yet :D
Yeah, not sure how that ''spynetwork'' of Eliana is even organized...but she is certainly more trustworthy than the blonde from the eastern faction, which has likely a more professional spynetwork.

Kaylan, depends for what you would use her. I thought more about organization/logistic etc, otherwise Estrid is a way better choice when it comes to matters of the military.
The only other as of now, for the military, would be Tamura....but giving her any kind of power :LOL:

Reactions: HiP1

EaWi

Jul 11, 2021
I ll try Estrid and Dinah. I don't like all royal family. Lydia is too much determined to be a queen. Others are not a noble.
Historicaly it was ok to have foreign queen if she is noble. Religion could be a problem if we are speaking about monotheistic countries, but it looks that they are all pagans, so it is ok. Even in the game they planed to send Aelinia in another country.

AnubisMRM

May 18, 2018
It's really annoying that the setting for Skip Unseen text is always reset when launching the game. Please fix this.

EaWi

Jul 11, 2021
old king planned that to strengthen relationships with other kingdom.
Thats means that Aelinia was good variant as a foreign queen in that kingdom. Same works in our country. In that times nations didn't exist as a institute.

Last edited:

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
ConcordiaPreview3.jpg

It was indeed a very busy March. The prep for the Steam release of the first part of Volume 2 ended up being more involved than I planned. Though that is the story of game development as a whole. I found some further code issues, had a few long-standing issues that took time to sort out, and decided to bite the bullet and make a few more planned changes during all the other work. The upshot of all that work (and days of testing!) is that I've got a much better code base to work with in the future. There are still a few more code improvements, especially around Steam Deck ease-of-use, that I hope to have done by the middle of the year.
What all this means for the second part of Volume 2's release (in many, many more months) is that I should only need to update the walkthrough guide with the new content, and add achievements for Steam and test those. As someone who had no idea how to code when I started this, please just stick with me as I fix past Roy's numerous mistakes.
Apart from that, it was special renders for March, and back to the story development for To Be A King. I'm at a big inflection point with the story, and that has meant spending more time mapping out choices you get to make as a player and deciding what stays and what goes. I've got a nice plan for the rest of the story, with only a few more decisions I know I need to make. Sadly, I already know that even more choices will develop unexpectedly in the dark future of my game development journey.
With all the branches and options we have now, development time is definitely a bit longer for each release. Even if I had a nuke take out half of the love interests, there are still so many options. I'm doing what I do best: embracing the chaos and making a game that I enjoy playing. That is especially important as I probably play through the game at least 4-5 times with each release.
Environments for this next release are done, and I have just a couple of minor characters to get finished up before I can setup renders for their scenes. It has been nice to, once again, return to a development system that I understand fairly well and can be efficient in. Very good news as I see ever larger releases in my future.
With the story work, a few IRL curveballs, and other improvements, I've been spending time working on things you won't see until the next release. As with Chapter 11, Chapter 12 is shaping up to be very large, and I don't foresee future chapters being much shorter than it will be.

I'll be back in May with another progress report. Until then, I'll be staying very warm with all the render work. Take care!

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
We have similar tastes, Kaylan is great, I love Estrid and Eliana, but I do love Aeliniia as well. Since I need to prop up my Western support, I will probably go with Aelinia as queen. Aelinia is opinionated (which I don't mind), but she has shown she will back down to the MC if he stands his ground with her.
I like Aelina quite a lot, but she is power hungry as fuck, in my mind she would bring problems in the form of trying to take MCs authority or (mis)using her position as Queen to take serious decisions without consulting MC first. I dont see her being happy only with her role as Queen, she wants to rule (as the main ruler) and she wants power... aaand she has a short temper. You said she backs down if MC stands his ground, but theres the possibility of her doing this to not put in danger the chance of being chosen as Queen...once she gets what she wants, she can change.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes