NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
Man, it really started to annoy me how her whole family was talking shit about Valentina! I mean, I understand Cassia has a whole sibling rivalry thing going on with her, but even her parents got in the act with some harsh words. I picked her to accompany me to the ball just to spite them all :p

Reactions: ITRoy

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
I forgot this game existed, That's one of the issues plot heavy games have, you forget the story between updates.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Man, it really started to annoy me how her whole family was talking shit about Valentina! I mean, I understand Cassia has a whole sibling rivalry thing going on with her, but even her parents got in the act with some harsh words. I picked her to accompany me to the ball just to spite them all :p
Is she the very young, incredibly clingy one? I haven't played this in a while, but from memory she was the only character I found actively offputting. The others were various degrees of inoffensive, if I remember right.

Reactions: EZ8lt

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
Is she the very young, incredibly clingy one? I haven't played this in a while, but from memory she was the only character I found actively offputting. The others were various degrees of inoffensive, if I remember right.
Val gets some character development in Chapter 5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ITRoy

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
Yeah, that's her. Well, she's a 19 year-old princess that has had a crush on the MC for years. I can understand her coming across a bit immature and clingy then. I wouldn't know if she's my favorite, but she seems like a genuinely nice (slightly masked by her insecurity) and good person, and I felt she doesn't deserve the put-downs she gets from her own family.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
The story is nice women are lovely options not bad, but do you wanna know what i would like even more? to be a king 2 but Sandboxplay version harem style. ;)

Reactions: Mike Banning

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Decided to do an in Game Walkthrough Mod for this as well. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT, I WILL NO LONGER BE WORKING ON THIS PROJECT DUE TO THE DEV REWORKING THE GAME. I'M DONE WITH THAT STUFF, THANKS.

Install:
Extract the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "To Be A King 0.3.1" folder, overwrite when prompted.

Note: If you downloaded the mod in the first 20 minutes I had it posted, I corrected a place where I double post a choice. the choice "Passive Response" has no points or variables associated with it." Not worth a re-download, but it's been corrected.

IMPORTANT: People are having gallery issues with the game, that are unrelated to my mod, they are dev issues. As has been said in the thread. I recommend starting a new save.

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
I hope you change your mind. Your mod or WT make games more easier to play and I think this game which has potential benefits from your assistance. But I also understand you are the one putting in the work and I respect your final decision though I am disappointed. Thanks for your excellent work so far and beyond.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
ITRoy I think I found an orphaned block of code. Deets under the spoiler below!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Also a possible continuity error... When MC is speaking with Aelinia, he mentions the possibility of taking Marius east with him to remove him from the influence of his advisors. Then later when MC meets with the Queen again, she asks him to take Marius east for military experience. Was this conversation with Helena supposed to take place before the conversation with Aelinia? Or are they supposed to have come up with this idea independently? If that's the case, why not tell Helena that he had come up with the same idea? :unsure:

Now, back to the update to see what happens! :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

Crosfyre

Dec 29, 2018
Very big update. Story is good. Lots of beautiful women to romance, etc. Getting a bit complex and hope he can hold it together and stick the landing. I always like the juggling of women/girls in harems to try to keep it all going until the end - will it all fall apart (rockstar) or not (knight's tale) ... we wont know until the dev's end game gets closer, but some indications that partial or full harem might be possible. Lots of new love interests coming in play - goddess (hidden driver behind the scenes), tavern wenches, nordic princess, personal maid, even the queen is showing some interest. Like it.

Much prefer the VN format and to deviate from a VN format now would be a travesty and a betrayal of trust to the players who enjoy what has been made so far. Want to do a sandbox - fine, do it with your next game, dont change course mid stream. Every dev who has done this part way through the game, I just press delete as it pisses me off so much. There are (a few) good sandbox games out there and there's a solid following of those who enjoy them - but you are either a VN or a sandbox. Dont start as a VN and convert.

In game walkthrough would be "nice" but pretty easy to work out what's going on without it to maximise stats.
Keep up the good work (VN)!

Crosfyre

Dec 29, 2018
Note the the current version 5.1 is still a VN as the dev course corrected at the last moment away from a sandbox, despite his intention and declaration to transform in this version. This is a good thing ... and I'm hoping he stays the course as with the VN format.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes