quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Yeah it takes ages for the first choice. I guess to set the baseline ... but I would suggest some cosmetic choices earlier to break that up a bit.
Please don't. Non-choice choices break the narrative flow and serve no useful purpose. You're still not making decisions. The story still goes the same way. Only now you have to pause to dismiss the "choice". Many developers use this in sex scenes and elsewhere to create a "pause" but it feels artificial. I prefer to be allowed to go at my own pace and pause where I want to.

If you want users to know it's not a kinetic novel, you can put something at the start that explains there is some setup before the choices begin. Or just expect them to read the tags.

Reactions: juan palote

ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
So the opening cut scene just did not work at all.

But more importantly I have been playing for about 45 mins with out a choice or action... Should this be tagged as a Kinetic Novel?
PLENTY of choices during the game, just the first couple of chapters are short on them. I appreciate you playing so attentively, because 45 minutes is impressive to have not reached the first choice (at the end of the first chapter). Enjoy!

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I guess this is meant to be a statue? ... Doesnt look like one - way to detailed and fleshy.

screenshot0001.png
Many people don't realize that in the "ancient" world, statues were often (usually?) painted, and lifelike presentations were not uncommon. This is a reasonable representation of what a statue of a goddess located in a temple might have looked like.

Reactions: Lexkar83 and ITRoy

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
PLENTY of choices during the game, just the first couple of chapters are short on them. I appreciate you playing so attentively, because 45 minutes is impressive to have not reached the first choice (at the end of the first chapter). Enjoy!
Hey don't you dare laugh at that guy!!! maybe he is a really slow slow s...l....o.....w reader like he reads one alphabet at a time then add them up to a word.

ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Hey don't you dare laugh at that guy!!! maybe he is a really slow slow s...l....o.....w reader like he reads one alphabet at a time then add them up to a word.
Oh yeah, hope I didn't come across that way. I'm actually happy that someone would read all the dialogue and take their time. I've seen far too many posts for my game and others that have a lot of content saying something like, "Finished in 10 minutes. Nothing here." Appreciate it when folks don't just skip to the next choice.

Reactions: Vanderer

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Oh yeah, hope I didn't come across that way. I'm actually happy that someone would read all the dialogue and take their time. I've seen far too many posts for my game and others that have a lot of content saying something like, "Finished in 10 minutes. Nothing here." Appreciate it when folks don't just skip to the next choice.
I think you may have misinterpreted what they meant by 'finished in 10 min' :p:p:sneaky:

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
WOW! Nice Update - thanks ... I really enjoyed playing it.
This update alone is almost bigger than some of the "completed" games out here ;)
Great job Dev! Thanks for sharing ^^

ITRoy, is there a different way than fu***** patreon to support you? You deserve support, because you are a good one - not one of those despicable milkers here!
thx for that too :)

Reactions: ITRoy

Weiss123

Jun 1, 2017
Pretty much why the historical record doesn’t show a lot of marital faithfulness among rulers and the elite. But hey - makes for a great adult VN
Just a question for you sir, will you plan to include pregnancy in the future? Would love that

Reactions: genthrow

fezzer28

Aug 9, 2017
i dont get it i played the game then i went to go back on it to finish it and i got a error
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy', 1618399573, 9075) is defined twice, at chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobAndCassiaSearch.rpyc:4 and game/chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy:4.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 789, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 469, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy', 1618399573, 9075) is defined twice, at chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobAndCassiaSearch.rpyc:4 and game/chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy:4.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Wed Apr 14 17:27:37 2021

CapnPen

Oct 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of To be a King 0.5.1 + Compressed

visit my site for more android ports
I'm having issues with your apk. It just opens I see the loading screen of the game and then it closes.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
looooooooooooooooooooooong update (just passed drunk princess scene) and very enjoyable.

Reactions: ITRoy

Sadowdark

Forum Fanatic
Mar 4, 2020
The Great Game is an interesting story, will it be possible to introduce the mechanics of pregnancy in the future, or will it be possible to have sex with Queen Helena ?

Reactions: Azsouth
3.90 star(s) 81 Votes