Velitus

Sep 7, 2018
i dont get it i played the game then i went to go back on it to finish it and i got a error
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy', 1618399573, 9075) is defined twice, at chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobAndCassiaSearch.rpyc:4 and game/chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy:4.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 789, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 469, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy', 1618399573, 9075) is defined twice, at chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobAndCassiaSearch.rpyc:4 and game/chapters/chapter4/script/ch4s7KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy:4.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Wed Apr 14 17:27:37 2021
Same issue. Was playing last night, and went back today to continue and am getting this error.

Velitus

Sep 7, 2018
Did you use UNREN or attempt to use any mod?
Yes. I used Zoey's mod. I figured out that if i removed the "KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy" file from the MOD before installing it I could start the game. It is still locking after the first "date" scene, so there are probably other issues as well.

May 24, 2020
Did this game change dev hands? I've been playing it since the beginning but the dev name doesn't look familiar. Wasn't it Thunder Line or something like that?

ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Yes. I used Zoey's mod. I figured out that if i removed the "KaylanMcBlowJobandCassiaSearch.rpy" file from the MOD before installing it I could start the game. It is still locking after the first "date" scene, so there are probably other issues as well.
Zoey's mod (and any other mods, so far) don't work with this version. They will DEFINITELY cause some severe issues as I've overhauled the code significantly with this new version.

I recommend extracting the download to a new folder and playing from there. Hopefully the new saves you made for this version will still work.

Reactions: Kingkela

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
walkthrough or wt-mod would make life easier. got up to need to choose between 3 princesses (dancepartner to some small party) and chose blonde since it seemed to be best option.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Where is the harem tag? I saw in game that there is harem happening but in here there is no tag?
Good question, considering the dev himself said it's an option, here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/to-be-a-king-v0-5-1-itroy.53295/post-5541683
Because no one's added it yet. There's no magical tag fairy bringing tags to all the boys and girls, so if you see a tag missing (or needing to be removed) alert a mod or the thread owner.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
ITRoy I replayed from the start and kept wondering when the free roam would start, not knowing you had removed that element! :LOL::ROFLMAO: I really enjoyed this update, great job. I loved the bio's and hope to see these expanded to include the Danes, Danish king etc as the come into the plot.

How do I get the 1 missing scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ITRoy

ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
ITRoy I replayed from the start and kept wondering when the free roam would start, not knowing you had removed that element! :LOL::ROFLMAO: I really enjoyed this update, great job. I loved the bio's and hope to see these expanded to include the Danes, Danish king etc as the come into the plot.

How do I get the 1 missing scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Glad you enjoyed it! That scene is available as a Kaylan only path scene or if you don't tell her the truth in the second Kaylan lewd scene.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19
3.90 star(s) 81 Votes