scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
Are there no scenes in the gallery for episode 5? It just went from basically making a vote to following Reina around.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
If Mega is giving you trouble, you can always get it from my official source.

PC/Linux:

Mac:

Tlaero
Thank you. I just tried to download it again in my mega app and windows defender caught the same thing again and stopped the download. I will try your download, see what happens next. I am using a vpn and the download seems a little better than it was.

Edit: I am still getting the same trojan whining from microsoft defender without using my mega app. something is very wrong here. Not getting this warning with anything else except this file/game when downloading it.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Thank you. I just tried to download it again in my mega app and windows defender caught the same thing again and stopped the download. I will try your download, see what happens next. I am using a vpn and the download seems a little better than it was.

Edit: I am still getting the same trojan whining from microsoft defender without using my mega app. something is very wrong here. Not getting this warning with anything else except this file/game when downloading it.

I have Windows Defender on Windows 11 and get no such warnings. I use VPN as well, it depends on the location you have set (most have tons of countries and locations you can choose from), as some VPN's IP's are blacklisted or throttled etc.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I have Windows Defender on Windows 11 and get no such warnings. I use VPN as well, it depends on the location you have set (most have tons of countries and locations you can choose from), as some VPN's IP's are blacklisted or throttled etc.
I am on windows 10, and all the time i have used this mega app, i never had this problem before. I even downloaded from mediafire and it still complained about the file. I would submit it to total virus, but its a bit beyond my comprehension on how to do that. It's just basically this file and nothing else. I have downloaded some other vn's here with no issues. I have quarantined this trojan. I really don't want to allow it, I have only just reset my pc today. having to reinstall everything. sadly i will have to give the game a miss, until i know what is going on and why i keep getting this trojan warning from this particular file.

Nabuhris

Jan 13, 2019
This is weird, multiple games, including new updates of games i previously played have been quarantined by Windows Defender. I do wonder if it's a series of false-positives since I have just updated Windows (11) to the latest version. Toro7 was stopped both from Mega and Mediafire from downloading.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I am on windows 10, and all the time i have used this mega app, i never had this problem before. I even downloaded from mediafire and it still complained about the file. I would submit it to total virus, but its a bit beyond my comprehension on how to do that. It's just basically this file and nothing else. I have downloaded some other vn's here with no issues. I have quarantined this trojan. I really don't want to allow it, I have only just reset my pc today. having to reinstall everything. sadly i will have to give the game a miss, until i know what is going on and why i keep getting this trojan warning from this particular file.
This is weird, multiple games, including new updates of games i previously played have been quarantined by Windows Defender. I do wonder if it's a series of false-positives since I have just updated Windows (11) to the latest version. Toro7 was stopped both from Mega and Mediafire from downloading.
Let me guess it's the Toro7-32 that it is flagging? Ren'Py 32 bit exe is known to be false positive, and happens in a lot of games, one of the reasons most developers don't include it anymore.

It started popping up with 7.4.x versions (I believe) and it had to do partly with the 32-bit lib files and exe for Windows builds.

There might have been other reasons for it as well but that's what I heard the most.

To my understanding, there aren't any viruses/malware with Ren'py and it was all just false positives.

Nabuhris

Jan 13, 2019
Let me guess it's the Toro7-32 that it is flagging? Ren'Py 32 bit exe is known to be false positive, and happens in a lot of games, one of the reasons most developers don't include it anymore.
I do not get to open it, the archive itself is being flagged.
1678928416448.png

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
It's just a false positive, might be from obfuscation.

Just need allow it in your settings, it's a false positive, I've seen that in many threads for Ren'Py games.
Thank you for this information. I ran a malware bytes scan and it found absolutely nothing at all. I will go ahead and allow it. Perhaps it is the latest updates from both windows 10 and 11?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Thank you for this information. I ran a malware bytes scan and it found absolutely nothing at all. I will go ahead and allow it. Perhaps it is the latest updates from both windows 10 and 11?
You got me ;) I am pretty sure I have come across it before and just allowed it.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
How do I allow it? I can't access the file
Settings -> Updates and security -> Windows Security -> Virus and threat protection -> it will be listed there. If you quarantined it choose protection history. There is a little down arrow next to quarantined trojan just select allow. This is how you get to it in windows 10, in windows 11 it might be similar, your just looking for windows security the rest should be exactly the same.

Reactions: Nikephouros

bederel637

Jan 7, 2021
I have a problem with this download Toro-7. Specifically windows defender quarantined Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml I use mega to download my vn's. However it appears windows defender stopped the mega download (client) : This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker. Reported as severe.
affected items: file: C:\Users\...\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\.getxfer.9656.1.mega This has only happened when downloading this game. Can anyone confirm this is actually a false positive?
Getting Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml detected as severe downloading through MEGA and MediaFire, so it gets deleted as soon as its fully downloaded in Win 11. First time this has happened.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
One of the challenges with Renpy is that it runs from an exe that is pretty much the same for every game. So, if someone does make a trojan, it has the potential to make anti-virus programs suspect other Renpy games as well. I used to do all of my games in HTML, so the only exe was your own browser. One of the pros to that approach was that nothing ever thought it was a virus. (Another was that I didn't need to make separate PC and Mac distros.) But, invariably, the discussions about the games became about how they weren't Renpy, rather than about the games themselves. So I bent to the pressure.

Tlaero

4.40 star(s) 51 Votes