VN Ren'Py Abandoned Torrid Affairs [v0.01] [NoesisAndNoema]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Sep 16, 2017
I am actually the most interested in learning more about this game's Eric. Can someone tell me if the first-time overfriendly Dev introduced a character like that.
Knowing him (Dev) This Eric might not be too bright!

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I am actually the most interested in learning more about this game's Eric...
Character Data for Gage and Dave...
NOTE: Edited, because I forgot ERIC, and Pasted MAX's info instead. :p

Dave: [BB's Eric]
- He is a realtor agent, working for a big private firm. (Remote branch on the island. Where million-dollar homes are the majority of houses here.)
- He is a party-man. (Drugs, alcohol, gambling, girls and parties.)
- He is smart and highly motivated, but more for selfish reasons. (He will go out of his way to get anything he needs, but won't lift a finger to help others, unless it is a gain for himself.)
- He ONCE had a LOT of money, but foolishly wasted it. Thinking that the funds were going to continue. He honestly believed, they were the result of his hard work and scams. He was just lucky in a rising housing market. (He was never actually "rich", but on that border-line.)
- He, when hard times hit, and his spending habits didn't change... He began doing more shady things to sustain the illusion of "being rich". (Helping setup drug-deals, using connections for laundering and stealing things. He has always been someone's bitch. The middle-man...)
- He, on these days, in the beginning of the story, has nearly reached a point of desperation. His flat-out thievery and crimes, are stacking-up to the point of collapse. (Not to mention his debts that are nearing "collections" deadlines.)
- He, in denial still, thinks he is "gods gift to women". (Throw money around, and everyone is your friend. Stop throwing it and they go away. He is running out of money, again.)
- His "exchange students", are not typical individuals. Both are there, for reasons, and he is trying to ensure that they don't leave. The money follows them, and that is almost all the money he has left. (Some relations are to the things above.)

Gage: [BB's Max] {"You", the protagonist}
- Telling his/your story, currently, to a stranger on an airplane. (He is leaving the island, to "get away", from ???)
- Previously fostered by Mira and Dave. (Fostered since he was 10. A poor decision for "documented income", from the state.)
- Always joking around and sarcastic. (Self-satisfied and self-entertained.)
- Over-shadowed by the "traffic" of exchange students, over the years. (They were an undocumented source of income.)
- Graduated on-time. (Smarter than average, but not well applied.)
- Joined the army at 17. (To escape Dave's bullshit. Left the island.)
- Discharged from the army at 18. (Prank on a "Senior Commanding Officer", had truth to it.)
- On house-arrest, at this point. (For his "Civil crimes", part of the prank "details". Back home, on the island.)
- xxxxx (not saying more past this point, as they would be spoilers)

You play Gage, creating the story that he is telling to the stranger on the plane. By the end of the game/story... You will find-out what madness you are getting away from, so you can clear your head. (Obviously, that depends on the paths you take.)

Though that is the "Main story"... There are various other stories within the game. Managed as "do or not", side-quests. They help you get to your endings, even if you don't do them, when presented. Not doing them, is still doing them. Like the old saying, "Choosing to do nothing, is still making a choice."

This will not be a "grind"... Though it will have a few, unavoidable, repeatable actions. The point of the game is to use the environment to create a story, not have it dictate the story for you. Progression, where you participate, is 100% unavoidable. You have to learn to crawl, then walk, then run, before you can learn how to pole-vault...

On a similar note, this will have things like "Money" and "Income", but it is less about the "Quantity", and more about "what is being done to earn it, and how it is being done". Cheating, giving yourself millions of dollars, should not advance the story, and break it. However, it would help you get to each next part, potentially faster, if you would normally have less funds and needed to purchase something to advance.

That is where you may find some repeating "grind" elements. Though that will not be a normal thing to do. Like sleeping, it just happens, when it is time to do it. However, like sleeping, you can manually do it too, for more potential gains.

Last edited:

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
when is the next update?
Should have been over a week ago. But I had a few hiccups along the way. My cheap-ass $20.00 mouse just isn't good-enough for Daz3D, apparently. RenPy was also chewing-up my code, and choking on it, for no apparent reason. Lastly, our house is at the point of "closing a sale", for the fourth time. (Every time they get to the actual "day of close", the bank rejects their loans. It's a total scam, and they are apparently using us as the tool to manipulate these people out of money. Yea, it costs you to get a loan, and to "attempt to buy a house", even if you can't actually get the loan, or buy the house. Not to mention, it is costing us too... and we aren't the ones applying for the loans! Fucking thieving banks.)

Getting back on track now. Sorry.

I have a couple more renders to "redo", but the next release should be this monday/tuesday.

To help reduce some of the "technical issues", I just ordered a " ". It will be here in a few hours. (Gotta love free 1-day shipping with Amazon-prime!)

I have been fighting this mouse, in Daz3D, for too long. The mouse keeps jumping out of the screen/program, every time I try to manipulate something. (Doing all the poses now, every click and drag is a manipulation of something.) This was less of an issue when the scenes were mostly empty, and a majority of the clicks were just a simple "move it here", to a rough location. Now, however, every "move", is an attempt to precisely place things, move the camera or bend the bones.

I was literally spending half my time "getting the mouse back into the screen", where I was working... or having to UNDO the fuck-up sling-shot movements it does, when the mouse glitch moves shit around the scene.

Apparently, Daz is in no rush to fix anything, so the only solution is to "deal with it", or roll the dice with buying and trying various mice, and HOPE I get one that doesn't do this as much. The more stuff that gets in the scenes, the more it happens. The only thing that doesn't seem to have this issue, 100%, is the spacemouse series. (It is essentially a 3D joy-stick, and not bound to the "mouse input glitches".)

That was not my only hurdle. The other hurdle was RenPy. It was buggin-out on me, while I was trying to setup the auto-load image code. It seems the code worked, but RenPy wasn't working right. So, I spent two days "chasing my tail", trying to fix something that was never actually broken. Rebooting the computer fixed whatever was failing in RenPy or windows, which RenPy needed to function correctly. (That has happened before. My brain, in a cloud, forgot that last-resort "fix", for RenPy failures. 90% of the time, when shit fails to function as expected, in RenPy, it isn't the code, it's just RenPy eating dirt.)

I needed the auto-loading image code, because the number of images which needed custom "keywords", was getting to be a rather large list. They all had to be defined manually otherwise.

EDIT: (SpaceMouse has arrived) Well, it will help with the camera-jumping issue, but it seems like it will be a nightmare to use for positioning items. There isn't a way to flip back and forth between modes, or setup controls per-mode. So it is either one mode or the other.

Yes, when positioning objects, you are forced to move the camera a LOT... But having precision placement controls, would limit the need for excessive camera positioning. That will be a trial and error phase, to test... A fight for which is more important.

I may set it up for object manipulation, as that is the majority of the "clicks" that I use. The cameras are already setup and "in place", and the camera itself, is an object that can be manipulated... But the whole 3D "motion", needs a lot to be desired. It would have been better with a mouse-wheel on top, for zooming, like a mouse. Lifting and plunging the knob up and down is spotty. So is trying to rotate or tilt, as it tries to slide in those directions, while also trying to rotate in those directions.

At the moment, it isn't worth the $435 that I paid for it. I am sure that will change, in time. You can set it up for "Keyboard shortcuts", so the failing "internal Daz control settings", will eventually be restored. You can also make custom "icons" for the LED display, which reminds you what the 12 "special function" buttons will do. Time will tell... Back to posing models and decorating scenery, to match the game-story text.

Hell, you can't even assign/change the first and second mouse button. (Wouldn't be a problem, but they added a redundant "middle button", which the mouse-wheel already has built-in. Thus, it's actually a "fourth-button", which sits where your finger normally rests for the "second-mouse button". So you click it, thinking it is the second mouse, and some other useless action happens. (Assign the second-mouse to that button, and you are now stuck with two "right-mouse buttons". Since you can't change what that other odd-ball ring-finger-button should be doing.)

P.S. Now I need a bigger desk...

Last edited:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I don't think "adopted" will pass with Patreon's T&S team. There are certain places on the interwebs who will report anything even remotely associated with Big Brother and/or Incest. They WILL report games like this.
To pass their scrutiny, you cannot have step-adopted-real family incest at all. No mind control, no "give her a pill" to make her want you, no sexual violence, no simulated rape, no "jedi mind tricks" to make her have sex. NONE of those will be allowed. I know they don't allow adopted or step relations. Case in point- school love and cousins was forced to change their game because it was sex between cousins. When a couple developers asked if adopted was okay, the response is "No".

U

User_17502

I don't think "adopted" will pass with Patreon's T&S team. There are certain places on the interwebs who will report anything even remotely associated with Big Brother and/or Incest. They WILL report games like this.
To pass their scrutiny, you cannot have step-adopted-real family incest at all. No mind control, no "give her a pill" to make her want you, no sexual violence, no simulated rape, no "jedi mind tricks" to make her have sex. NONE of those will be allowed. I know they don't allow adopted or step relations. Case in point- school love and cousins was forced to change their game because it was sex between cousins. When a couple developers asked if adopted was okay, the response is "No".
Huh? I didn’t know that. How is Love and Submission flying under their radar? It has all of those things and real incest still.

That’s why I’m doing the mod of the game that isn’t associated with patreon so we can have some actual incest instead of some pseudo incest bullshit. Plus I can make the story completely different unlike my other work where I am constrained by saddogs renders.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Here's what you should do.. make a "Normal" game like you always would but do one of the two things-
1- Make it so the player defines the relationships when first starting the game.
2- If it's Ren'Py, you can make a "relations.rpy" file that defines the relationships so they are "Mom's best friends" or "Dad's buddies". Some sex-crazed pervert with "bad intentions" can make another relations.rpy which REDEFINES the relationships over on some other site. :p

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I don't think "adopted" will pass with Patreon's T&S team... When a couple developers asked if adopted was okay, the response is "No".
Fostered is not adopted... Also, it is past-tense... At 18, you are no longer "fostered", but you would still be "adopted".

Key-item here is "VS"... Because they are not the same. Fostering is a job, like being a prison-guard or a nurse. You get paid to do it, because no-one else wants to do it.

As for cousins... (Humans are all cousins... None of us were made by breeding with unrelated beings.) It is only "first cousins", in the USA, and most places around the world, which even remotely qualifies as "incest". It is legal, in over 80% of the world, for "marriage" and "procreation", for "second-cousins" and lower. It is also how many foreigners get family over here so fast. They systematically have cousins get married to a family member who is already a citizen, then once they become a citizen, they eventually get a divorce.

There is only a few states that even attempt to follow-through with "adopted" relations, unless it involves a minor. (Because an adult can get married to a 13yr-old in some places, which is used as a technical loop-hole for those who would try to "move there", for that reason. Using it as an excuse to legally have sex with a minor. Because you can fuck your wife, legally.)

They can "Try" to ask me to change it and I will throw a lawyer at them for harassment and discrimination and censorship, as it is then a breach of the first amendment, at that point. That goes beyond the "Rules of TOS" and goes into full-out white-knighting bullshit.

Remember, they are nothing more than a payment processor. They don't host content, deliver content, or claim creation of the content. They don't even advertise adult pages. They will get tired of being dictated by all the white-knights, just like everyone-else does, when they realize they are just loosing money, catering to minority group requests, which cost them money in lawyers at every turn. (People who aren't even spending a dime at patreon.)

Worst case... I have to remove one critical element and replace it with another. Which some-one will just put back with a mod.

Last edited:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah I think fostered might get by. You can try that. Let's see what they do and if it gets reported by cucks.

Reactions: NoesisAndNoema

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Yeah I think fostered might get by. You can try that. Let's see what they do and if it gets reported by cucks.
Like I said... at the end of the day, patreon follows the money, not the loudest mouth. They are a business, and will always take the path of least resistance.

In a case like this... They will hopefully tell the morons complaining, as they normally tell the artists creating the "complained about content", to "Just fucking deal with it"...

Though, yes, I am prepared for this potential "pull of power" to arise. I have even reserved $10,000 for the special event.

I honestly don't think that single issue will be of any concern to anyone though. It isn't the focus of the game. It is just another side-element. It will be a while before her branch opens-up into "sex" anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: xenos87

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
The funny thing will be the ending of the game, having all sorts of twisted "WTF", going-on...

At that point, I won't care if they pull it from Patreon, because I will be working on the other games. :p

Yes, I do expect them to ask the final game to be removed, and I will comply for that. By then, I will be so far under the radar, and it will have millions of cross-linked sources, that it won't matter if it is there, or not.

Reactions: xenos87

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
The funny thing will be the ending of the game, having all sorts of twisted "WTF", going-on...

At that point, I won't care if they pull it from Patreon, because I will be working on the other games. :p

Yes, I do expect them to ask the final game to be removed, and I will comply for that. By then, I will be so far under the radar, and it will have millions of cross-linked sources, that it won't matter if it is there, or not.
wow, I'm intrigued

U

User_17502

Sorry about the lack of updates. I’m hard at working developing a cohesive story line as well as a gameplay look that is satisfying....
I might have taken it a bit to far with the puzzle elements but I think people might like a break from the simple click and fuck stories around here.

U

User_17502

As for N&N, He has gone dark recently. A lot of rendering and coding stuff need to be worked out so he is focusing on that right now. Basically making this game look great is hard. Making it work is even harder lol.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
I hope everything goes well for you, @NoesisAndNoema, you've posted the most detailed development notes I've ever seen here and seem to be doing everything the "Right Way" and not falling into a lot of the traps novice developers tend to, but the radio silence is slightly worrying.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote