VN Ren'Py Abandoned Torrid Affairs [v0.01] [NoesisAndNoema]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
May 5, 2017
Much can be avoided. You are not expected to do more than SOME of the interactions. But, you must do interactions, with something/someone, to progress. It is like a 1-2-3 system, with bonus 4-5-6 content... You need to do 1-2-3 with everyone important, but not 4-5-6 with those same people. If that makes sense.
It's well understood but here the ques will important npcs be male too? I mean like this game is Harem type of game right so even in game i won't like my girl sucking cock of other male ....will those be forced to occur in that either female or male story path?I can take kiss .....as being realistic i can but ultimately it a game but still wanna know ok
Put NTR or gangbang tag so people can understand

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
@ dont forget to Make My Hotdog :p

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Uhh, this is just a click away visual novel. You are literally not given any choices. Just *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* and then it says "The End!" Wtf?! Or maybe this is yet only a (rather long) game introduction? :winkytongue:

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Nothing but a big wall of text to skip over. Another holding down the ctrl key simulator. To this one's credit, you only have to hold it down for 30 seconds until it ends, you realize there is no point, and you can get on with your life. My finger didn't even get tired.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Yes, it was a pre-release... (Released before completion of the "game" component.)

People were getting anxious to play something, and up until release of this, I didn't have anything "put together", just a shit-ton of individual test-renders. Since my focus, at the moment, is the "looks of the game", I figured it was safe to release it with the changes I made to the GUI. I got the feedback I was looking for. Now I am acting on that feedback.

Welcome to day -1 of the game! (Pre-release v0.01beta demo)

Yup, click, click, click, click... and only one nude shot in the demo, so far.

Want to see more? I can point you to the ten-mile long thread where I started developing this.

That is more clicking though... but more artwork. Around page 20, I think I started developing the "new version", as an actual "game", and not as a "mod".

Reactions: Dixon Butz

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Fair enough. I was mostly joking. Although I am really not into incest, this does have nice artwork and I'm sure you'll turn it into a good game. Hopefully you'll add some meaningful choices and things for the player to do in time.

I have a small piece of advice for you and any developer producing a VN style game... there are a LOT of VN's and people like to try them out because there is a lot of crap to sort through until you find something that interests you. Because of this, I (and I assume many others) read the first few sentences and then start skipping through to get to the "heart" of the game. I myself (and assumed others) am not yet invested in a game enough to sit through what is sometimes hours of introductory dialogue. I suggest not opening with a lengthy explanation of the premise (like almost all VN's do) but instead giving the player a taste for the heart of the game first so that they have a reason to invest themselves in the story. This could include some flirting that shows off the intended relationship(s) in the game or better yet some gameplay itself. Perhaps allowing a player access to locations and needing to take some actions as a prerequisite to the opening slog of a text wall that is inevitably coming our way.

Anyway, I may just be rambling here.. too much coffee this morning.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
No, all good input. I am going to try and shorten the intro, when there is more than just the intro...

For confusion resolution, I am going to stick to the blunt basics. If you WANT to dig deeper into the TLDR, that will be presented by prying further in the dialogue, which is not needed to advance. That way, all the ADD people are gratified, as well as those with desire to actually read. :p

No opinions are wrong. That is what I am here to get...

Reactions: kiteares

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Actually, a quick question... Related to the dialogue-text.

Is it too large? Would it be fine if it was a bit smaller? I want to try to reduce that dialogue-box height and increase the width a bit. (It was scrunched-over to make room for the MAP and CHOICES that later pop-up. However, I think I am going to relocate the navigation setup a bit.)

I can reduce the line-count, but then that increase the number of clicks to click-through.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Daz, free sites, hand-crafted some (like the entire kitchen, and now the bathrooms and house itself)

They didn't look that good when I got them. Most have been tweaked (customized), to my needs. Though, most will eventually be replaced anyways, in the final game. They are just place-holders.
Yeah I never know where to find assets for Daz it's a struggle lol

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017

Is it too large? Would it be fine if it was a bit smaller? I want to try to reduce that dialogue-box height and increase the width a bit. (It was scrunched-over to make room for the MAP and CHOICES that later pop-up. However, I think I am going to relocate the navigation setup a bit.)

I can reduce the line-count, but then that increase the number of clicks to click-through.
One that springs to mind is , the speech box is less than 1/2 the height of yours and not full width either. The font size is a little smaller and, for the most part, is fine. This works for me and my shot eyes.
So, yes, it would be fine smaller, probably better especially if you can find the balance between size and click-through.
This reminds me of another minor gripe...I didn't like the justified text, the varying size gaps between the words was enough to be noticable to me.

Yeah I never know where to find assets for Daz it's a struggle lol
I trust you are aware of the board?
Specifically the Assest release and request sub-boards.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018

I'm not sure if you were asking me specifically, but I reopened the game to look and yes I do think the dialogue text boxes are larger than they need to be. I am not sure what you mean by increasing the width though, as for me it took up the entire width of the screen. Perhaps you mean the white text box that seems to be used for the MC's thoughts? I like that smaller, plainer box a lot more as its easier to read and less distracting from the on-screen art.

Also, I am not a particular fan of seeing the MC's face all the time (but this is likely just personal preference), but I do like seeing the female characters face in the dialogue box. I generally do not like to be reminded that the MC is someone else and not me as it breaks immersion, but again this is just personal preference.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
I trust you are aware of the [URL='https://f95zone.com/categories/development.72/' said:
Development[/URL] board?
Specifically the Assest release and request sub-boards.
Yeah I'm aware of it, it's specifically like interiors etc I struggle to find

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017

I think it could be smaller. Maybe 2 pixels smaller. It looks like your line height is 2. You can try dropping that to 1.5 which is a 25% reduction therefore you can reduce the height of the box by 25% right off the bat. By comparison, the text here on F95zone is font-size: 15px and line-height: 1.5 (24px).

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
The premise sounds a lot like BB, with dave being the "eric". OFC it depends on the writing to make the main character believable or an excuse - too often its a thinly veiled plot point and they behave like 12 year olds with an attitude developing a taste for incest...

U

User_17502

The premise sounds a lot like BB, with dave being the "eric". OFC it depends on the writing to make the main character believable or an excuse - too often its a thinly veiled plot point and they behave like 12 year olds with an attitude developing a taste for incest...
What if I told you that the Dad will be a good antagonist. He’s not going to be as wimpy or undeveloped as Eric but instead will be a fully fleshed put character that will NTR the fuck out of you if he gets the chance. (NTR is part of the mod but can be avoided except for the Mother. Doesn’t make sense if a “healthy” couple doesn’t sleep together. It’s the players choice to watch.)

The Mc will start out as a blank slate. It’s the players choice to develop him into whatever* they want. (This isn’t the an RPG more like Mass Effect Before it went to shit.)

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
The Mc will start out as a blank slate. It’s the players choice to develop him into whatever* they want. (This isn’t the an RPG more like Mass Effect Before it went to shit.)
sounds cool, however foster parents & not one but two exchange students hammer home as to what this all is supposed to be. we'll see.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Doing a major overhaul of the dialogue setup. It will not be finalized yet, but it will be, different.

Fucking RenPy has everything redundantly nested and overlapping. Change one thing and it breaks everything. :p

I had to do this last time too. So it shouldn't take long. I already had most of the shit isolated.

As for the Protagonist, I had no actual intentions of keeping him "visible". His visibility was just to ensure that, IF a modder wanted to show him/her... Then that would already be setup to do so.

For mine, I am going back to the "unseen protagonist". Like you are playing in first-person. Though, at times, you will see him on the screen. It is unavoidable unless you don't want to see him in any interactions. :)

I also think I have the MAP situation and ON-SCREEN setup finally at a non-invasive level. Now that the text is out of the way. However, I am trying to play with an idea of "TLDR" and "ADD" dialogue-parsing. (Might just be a "Continue" button, to go beyond the quick replies that only need screen-clicking to advance through. So, you will not be damned to sit through a 20-click dialogue set, when the jist of the reply can be delivered in a short one-line or two-line reply.)

One last note... "HISTORY" will be disabled. It just doesn't work with this setup and Tom refuses to fix the annoying bugs and horrible limited setup that it is formatted with. I have no use for it, and honestly, it has no real function for the game. Rollbacks will work between choices, which is fine enough for most. (It doesn't record the "question text", unless a person is speaking, just the selected answers, which is just stupid. It also uses a fixed-height for text, and using min/max just breaks it completely, so shit overlaps a LOT or has huge ass gaps between each spoken chunk of dialogue. When it gets to navigation, it counts each move as a blank line, or records stupid shit from the screen that you didn't interact with.)

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I only took a few glances and renpy code, but playing a python programer's game for a while I know I don't like the snake.

are there already some mods out? the search function is rather inconclusive

edit - sorry, i dont remember what i intended to write.

Artouiros

Oct 6, 2017
I will try to add a list... but it is going to be big, or vague...
YES: Sex, drugs and strong language
YES: Solo, FF, FFF, FFFF, MF, MFF, MFFF, MFFFF, MFM, MFFM, MFFFFM...
YES: Corruption, Voyeurism, Exhibitionism, Bondage, Master/Slave, Domination, Tabooness

It would be shorter to say what isn't going to be in there...
NO: Scat, rape, watersports/pee, snuff, underage
NO: Incest (handled by mods, already in development)
NO: "Chicks with dicks", or "Guys with tits", or "Hermaphrodites"
NO: Male/Male content (I just don't know how to write that, or have a desire to create it.)

Should I add something like that, as the "Content".
Very interested I can offer to translate games into Russian language

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote