VN Ren'Py Abandoned Torrid Affairs [v0.01] [NoesisAndNoema]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sun Quan

Oct 10, 2017
MC seriously needs to roll his eyes less. He's going to hurt himself.

Anyway, not much to say about the demo. It's super short. The dialogue is decent, has a lot of sarcasm and I liked the banter between the MC and Mira. There's a lot of angst in the story, especially right before the end which made it not a great place to stop the demo. If you end on such a sour note people aren't going to be very enthused to keep playing. I liked Lana's character and I was interested to find out more about her situation but... she seems kinda... unrealistically naive. She's a cute, female exchange student living overseas in a house where the host parents fight constantly and verbally abuse their charges and clearly don't care about them beyond the money they can make from them. Would she really not lock the door when she's having private time? My opinion of the MC is ambivalent. He seems fun and is dealing with being unwanted as best as he can but he flip-flops between being kind and being a sarcastic jackass. Realistic as his attitude may be given his personal circumstances, it makes it difficult to empathize with and like him. It's important to consider the viewpoint of the players when you're writing a story for a game, especially an adult one. Is this person someone we're going to root for and want to see boning the female characters?

Just a bit of unsolicited advice! Feel free to ignore it. I'm sure many people will end up disagreeing with me. Best of luck to the devs continuing the game.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Most eye-rolling, mostly, removed... I didn't have many other emotes in the beginning... I made more, near the end, just before the actual release. (Actually, next release you will not see the Protagonist at all.)

It didn't end where I wanted it to. (This was a rushed release, by guilt. I was honestly NOT expecting but a few people, who were waiting for it, to try it out. I just wanted the page setup, for when I actually released the true "first version". I literally have only like 5 Patrons, and about 12 people regularly replying to the original thread.)

People don't often enter, without knocking first. The only reason he didn't knock, was because he was invited to "get her for dinner", and because he didn't want Mira to know that she was "crying again". Since he fucked-up and almost dropped the hammer on her a few seconds ago. (About the school issues.)

I don't lock the door when I masturbate, shit, change, shower or have sex. (Back when I actually had sex.) However, in the story, she wasn't supposed to be THAT exposed. (I was too lazy, at the time, to screw around with the pants. They don't naturally "pull down", you have to hand-morph them down her legs, or use posing tricks. The next release will be more obscure.

However, these actions, if they continue, will lead to "door-locking". Also, they will lead to more obscure "private time". (Harder to run across and harder to witness, the more you get "caught" doing it. Unless they develop a little exhibitionism from this.)

He is actually like me... at first. (Remembering that this is his first week back "home", with a "can't touch me", slap on the wrist, bullshit punishment.) His demeanor changes, depending on the person he is talking to. Since he sees Mira as a "Victim", he empathizes with her the most. She actually tried to raise him, as if he were family. Dave did it only for the money, which he didn't get much of. In his eyes, Lana is the quiet and emotion-devoid shadow to him. He jokes with her a LOT, to try to spark any kind of smile or reaction. Crying is not something he ever saw her do.

When it comes to Becka, who is next in the new release... You will find that he has another conflicted set of reactions to her. (He had a crush on her, when she first arrived. Eventually just avoiding her, after it was made clear that she just "wasn't interested in poor orphan boys".) He will be more of a sarcastic prick to her, out of spite. But, conflicted with wishful/hopeful apologies, so he doesn't lose that fantasy chance that he thinks he still has with her. As if he is somehow warming her up to him. He does show her a little more admiration. (You want what you can't have, the most.)

When Ava comes into the actual picture, there will be a real slap in the face to Gage. Think of her like the helpful "tough love" that Mira just refuses to be. Mira is more of a stern push-over. Though, he limits his abuse of that, because he knows that it makes her feel worse. (Unless you are playing that path.) Ava will call him out on all his bullshit, observing a LOT, as she ends-up "stuck there", later on. She observes a lot and has a curious desire to "help share her knowledge" with you. (Like a teacher-student relationship.) She kind-of gets-off on the thought of "corrupting you", but actually, you end-up "corrupting her", which she submissively, and secretly, wants you to do. She, as Mira's best friend, has no problem abusing Mira's personal weaknesses for her gains. That is what friends do... abuse one another like family, and hope to get away with it, like a blood-relative would...

Then there is the OUTSIDE WORLD... Sort-of a playground of people to help you practice your advances, or help you advance in the story. Or there are just bonus interactions that have NOTHING to do with the story, at all. Just some "play time", while you build-up your advancements in the house. (They will be key to advancing the story. You are not going to find all the dirt you need, on Dave, inside the house.)

Ultimately, YOU craft the story he is telling. Your replies can be more like you, and less like me. (That is why I am adamantly watching the forums, to get a "feel" for how "my fans", would react. However, you can just bluntly tell me, and I will try my best to add a reaction that you like better. :) ) But, past the intro... That is the setup for the character. After that, he is all yours to play with!

Reactions: DanMachiFan

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Looks like there will also be a Russian translation, thanks to .

However, I will hold-off until the next release, for that to be added. Unless he wants to package it up as an individual download. (I no-longer have the base-project, which he made the translation for. It will not work in the current version I am working on. The next one will work.)

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
This is what the new dialogue setup MAY look like... (I have not made it semi-transparent, but I may still do that.)

The first image is the standard dialogue box. It holds three lines of text, and will be a fixed-width setup. I hate when text-boxes jump around in size, and this helps keep the unity of the MAP and ANSWERS box.

The second image shows the QUESTION and ANSWER setup. (Choice menu), for a speaking character. So you can see what they are asking, and your list of potential replies, together. The middle choice is what the HOVER-OVER will look like. Designed with consideration for those who are colorblind.

This also has a "Headless" variation, for the narrator posed selections. I have not determined what the box-style will be for that dialogue yet. It is not a "spoken part", so the voice-bubble style would be out of place. This is more related to the forced interactions that you stumble upon...
Question: (You see her door is partially open and can hear faint bed-spring squeaking.)
Answer: (Peek inside)
Answer: (Cough, before getting closer)
Answer: (Head somewhere else)

test_dialogue.jpg

test_question.jpg

The old setup...

test_gui.jpg

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Sorry, I know it may seem trivial... But if this isn't nailed-down now, I will end-up having to recode all the dialogue to fit later-on. That is why I needed to know how much, or little you are willing to accept, for text-size.

Okay, back to my corner...

I have these changes all set. I'll get more input when it releases with the new setup. :)

I have two "Dreams" already rendered. Now I just have to add them in.

Artouiros

Oct 6, 2017
Beautiful but not too small a box on 2 screens for questions? when a large field in the middle looks familiar

Artouiros

Oct 6, 2017
No, brother 80 % of the people playing on our games to masturbate (the more depraved the animation), and 20 of them to entertain your mind is the breathtaking story (by the way, now I translate Depraved Awakening, exciting plot). In this case, it will be a parody of a big brother ... (old) and too much (hard to bring), is 1 day (got up,done, slept) Aka no builds to do a parody of Big brother

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Though, he limits his abuse of that, because he knows that it makes her feel worse. (Unless you are playing that path.)
So you can avoid being asshole wanker and get into panties by being nice and helpful ?
She kind-of gets-off on the thought of "corrupting you", but actually, you end-up "corrupting her", which she submissively, and secretly, wants you to do
Maybe dominantly instead of submissively :relievedface:?

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
So you can avoid being asshole wanker and get into panties by being nice and helpful ?

Maybe dominantly instead of submissively :relievedface:?
Here is my personal ODD component to the game. You don't HAVE to fuck anyone, to get to the ending. (Or see anyone fuck.) It will just be a shorter game for you, if you don't. Though, you will clearly know that it is over, when it reaches that point. You can still continue to play it, beyond the ending. (It ultimately "stops", when you get on the airplane to "get away, to clear your mind". The opening part of the game... Which is actually the ending.)

Yes, the outcomes are nearly the same. The story runs into one of several endings. How you get there, is up to you, within the confines of what I, or others, write along the way. Not that all paths are easy...

Don't call anyone a fat cow, unless you want to push them away, or unless you know that is what they want to hear. On that same respect... Don't expect to just walk-in on someone in the shower and get invited in for a hand-job, blow-job, some anal sex and an impregnation session. It takes, at-least, three invasions before you get to knock them up! (That was sarcasm.)

Honestly, I am trying to create as many unique "situations", that lead to progression, as possible. Even for the same paths. It will not hurt to pass on an opportunity, because another one may present itself, or that same one will present itself again. (If that is the only one to take.) If it is needed to advance, you have to do it. Even if it is to find-out that you don't want to continue going in that direction.

Nothing I am saying in these posts are "spoilers", just some things that you will see along the way.

Mira and Becka are more dominant... Mira, because of lack of actual control in her life, and the "climb to the top of the corporate ladder"... Then, Becka, more because of her desire to be in control of anything. Since she is in control of nothing, but she is power-hungry, like her "Daddy".

Ava is kind-of an oddball. Perky, free of any real scruples, likes shiny things, pretends that plastic is gold, spends others money like it grows on trees, but is frugal with her own money. Things come easy to her, with a smile and an eye-flutter. She has the power, but she really wants someone to want her for something, to call her out on her shit.

Lana... Just an innocent, and confused girl. Think of her like being "the preachers daughter"... While you fuck her brains out, with her best friend cheering from the side-lines, throwing marsh-mallows at you, while you unload inside of her. Then grab her friend, and show her what its like, while she eats-out her friend. (Yea, there is a little-bit of my reality, within all of my stories. Welcome to my world!)

They are people... They will act like people, not like prostitutes or Starbucks employees, service with a smile. Pretending that they like you, when they couldn't give a fuck who you are, as long as you leave a tip and pay for your coffee.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Here is my personal ODD component to the game. You don't HAVE to fuck anyone, to get to the ending. (Or see anyone fuck.) It will just be a shorter game for you, if you don't. Though, you will clearly know that it is over, when it reaches that point. You can still continue to play it, beyond the ending. (It ultimately "stops", when you get on the airplane to "get away, to clear your mind". The opening part of the game... Which is actually the ending.)

Yes, the outcomes are nearly the same. The story runs into one of several endings. How you get there, is up to you, within the confines of what I, or others, write along the way. Not that all paths are easy...

Don't call anyone a fat cow, unless you want to push them away, or unless you know that is what they want to hear. On that same respect... Don't expect to just walk-in on someone in the shower and get invited in for a hand-job, blow-job, some anal sex and an impregnation session. It takes, at-least, three invasions before you get to knock them up! (That was sarcasm.)

Honestly, I am trying to create as many unique "situations", that lead to progression, as possible. Even for the same paths. It will not hurt to pass on an opportunity, because another one may present itself, or that same one will present itself again. (If that is the only one to take.) If it is needed to advance, you have to do it. Even if it is to find-out that you don't want to continue going in that direction.

Nothing I am saying in these posts are "spoilers", just some things that you will see along the way.

Mira and Becka are more dominant... Mira, because of lack of actual control in her life, and the "climb to the top of the corporate ladder"... Then, Becka, more because of her desire to be in control of anything. Since she is in control of nothing, but she is power-hungry, like her "Daddy".

Ava is kind-of an oddball. Perky, free of any real scruples, likes shiny things, pretends that plastic is gold, spends others money like it grows on trees, but is frugal with her own money. Things come easy to her, with a smile and an eye-flutter. She has the power, but she really wants someone to want her for something, to call her out on her shit.

Lana... Just an innocent, and confused girl. Think of her like being "the preachers daughter"... While you fuck her brains out, with her best friend cheering from the side-lines, throwing marsh-mallows at you, while you unload inside of her. Then grab her friend, and show her what its like, while she eats-out her friend. (Yea, there is a little-bit of my reality, within all of my stories. Welcome to my world!)

They are people... They will act like people, not like prostitutes or Starbucks employees, service with a smile. Pretending that they like you, when they couldn't give a fuck who you are, as long as you leave a tip and pay for your coffee.
Can you make the MC professional beat-boxer ?

Reactions: kiteares
Aug 7, 2017

Cant wait to see the next update. How's work progessing?

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Cant wait to see the next update. How's work progessing?
Emotes are 90% done... I have a few that I am not doing, at the moment, due to lack of need for them. In total, with the MC emotes removed, there are 80 individual emotes for the main characters.

emotes.jpg

Rendering the "dreams", for the first few nights, which are scripted occurrences. (Forced on you, on specific days.)

3.jpg
6.jpg

Writing the rest of the introduction, and editing to remove TLDR stuff. (Rendering the temporary one-time scenes to go with them too.)

I wrapped-up the house-dissection and made all the doors function. (Windows will be later.) So, now I just need to texture the new house with the old "test house" textures. I used the test-house to setup the scenes in the demo I released. Those were NOT the actual rooms, in the actual house, which were not ready for time of release. There is over 600 individual things that have to be "textured"... A process I made easy, now that it is all cut-up, but it is still a tedious process to complete. (It will make future house/scene updates for content faster to manage. When it is done.)

Still working on the GUI format for the "Free-roaming navigation". If that is not complete, this will be a slightly ugly, but functional update. Or, it will just be the introduction, completed, up to the point where it WOULD become free-roaming, without including the free-roaming part. (There is a LOT of actual code that goes with the whole free-roaming part. The assets are already there, for the most-part.)

Also textured and fixed a few vehicles that will be used in the introduction.

Image1.jpg

So... I am going to hesitantly say that it is looking like another "Monday" or "Tuesday" release...

P.S. No, MC will not be a professional beat-boxer... he is a professional jerk-off... :p

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017
Emotes are 90% done... I have a few that I am not doing, at the moment, due to lack of need for them. In total, with the MC emotes removed, there are 80 individual emotes for the main characters.

View attachment 85373

Rendering the "dreams", for the first few nights, which are scripted occurrences. (Forced on you, on specific days.)

View attachment 85375
View attachment 85376

Writing the rest of the introduction, and editing to remove TLDR stuff. (Rendering the temporary one-time scenes to go with them too.)

I wrapped-up the house-dissection and made all the doors function. (Windows will be later.) So, now I just need to texture the new house with the old "test house" textures. I used the test-house to setup the scenes in the demo I released. Those were NOT the actual rooms, in the actual house, which were not ready for time of release. There is over 600 individual things that have to be "textured"... A process I made easy, now that it is all cut-up, but it is still a tedious process to complete. (It will make future house/scene updates for content faster to manage. When it is done.)

Still working on the GUI format for the "Free-roaming navigation". If that is not complete, this will be a slightly ugly, but functional update. Or, it will just be the introduction, completed, up to the point where it WOULD become free-roaming, without including the free-roaming part. (There is a LOT of actual code that goes with the whole free-roaming part. The assets are already there, for the most-part.)

View attachment 85383

So... I am going to hesitantly say that it is looking like another "Monday" or "Tuesday" release...

P.S. No, MC will not be a professional beat-boxer... he is a professional jerk-off... :p
Wow really nice. I m looking forward to

xenos87

May 2, 2017

View attachment 85373

View attachment 85375
View attachment 85376

View attachment 85383

The dream sequences look almost scary ghost-like, but I'm hoping the context will help on that part. I might have chosen some sort of over-saturation effect or light leak effect (or maybe just a vignette blur) to underline the dreams instead of a blue tint (assuming I had any 3D art or post-processing skills at all :p
Definitely looking forward to next version, though :D

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Wrapping-up the last of the renders. Had a few changes which warranted rendering the old scenes again. So it will be a mix of old and new. I would have finished it yesterday, but I fell asleep while it was rendering.

The game sort-of has a theme of blue and yellow. The dreams change, in time... Getting more vivid and clear, and vocal, as they converge with reality. I may have overdone the blue and haze, but honestly, no-one is going to remember the first few dreams, as the story progresses.

I was also playing around with a "double-stack", display of text. Where the old text pushes up and the new text appears below, like a text-message. It seems like it kind-of helped to retain some continuity with the back-and-forth text. But if I do that, it will be an optional thing.

This was one of the renders slowing me down...

morning.jpg

It is the "Tech center", where Gage has to go and get his tracking-phone. The phone, besides being a common component of interaction, is also a critical component to advancing the story. It is hackable, but not like a mini-game... You find hacks that help your situations.

I should have the rest of the text reformatted for the new GUI setup, today. The rest of the renderings, hopefully, finished by tonight, if I don't have any further interruptions.

Deepthroatme

Aug 6, 2017
You do realise if you put one 7 letter word on your Patreon Page and one at the start of the game you can fuck your mom sister daughter or whoever and Patreon can't complain that it's Incest. You need never mention it again
Adopted

xenos87

May 2, 2017
You do realise if you put one 7 letter word on your Patreon Page and one at the start of the game you can fuck your mom sister daughter or whoever and Patreon can't complain that it's Incest. You need never mention it again
Adopted
I'm quite sure they would still ban the game. They have the last word in any regard and it is their moral compass that sets the rules, not any state or federal law.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote