OnionCuttingNinja

Sep 26, 2022
In my defense about these original unavoidable f/f scenes TM used to have:

I didn't even get into western/indie AVNs before I stumbled over Corrupted Kingdoms (which has that Rinko scene, too), and was still mostly conditioned by japanese AVNs like Wonderful Everyday at that point.
Having survived certain scenes from Wonderful Everyday (I don't mind F/F, but there was something decidedly worse later in that VN), I guess I was simply too used to VNs forcing all kinds of kinks on you and you just have to quickly click through those you don't like.
It didn't even occur to me at first that some player might get put off by that to such a degree that it's a showstopper to them.

Rating surprisingly low, yes it's kinda a low ambition in terms of story telling sex game but... the characters are decently written, that should count for more IMO sex romps that are worse written have higher ratings.

Some of the negative reviews are from TM's early days when it admittedly still had many issues, like much worse UI and room navigation, no hint system, and last but not least some unavoidable lesbian content.

All of these earlier issues have been fixed or reduced to varying degree, but I guess the game didn't interest later players enough to rate it.

It's a shame to see this game coming to an end, but I understand that the dev wants to move on hopefully to Total Maidness 2 in the future. Hopefully he can continue making good games.
This game is going well. I wish good luck for dev on Total Maidness 2.
Not sure if there'll be a TM2, as in terms of patron support TM never gained the traction some of the competition did (it didn't do terrible, but it's been sluggish compared to some other games that released in the same timeframe or later).
I'm also a little tired of and burned out by the slice-of-life and maids theme, to be honest.

One of the succeeding projects will be more story-driven and feature some familiar girls, though. That doesn't make it a TM2, but it does loosely build on some of TM's premises.

It's not a perfect analogy, in part because I don't think I'm a good enough writer yet to fully do that comparison justice, but:
If Total Maidness! was my Muv Luv Extra, I hope my next story-focused game will be considered my Muv Luv Alternative some day.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arabi1 and Lerd0
3.60 star(s) 7 Votes