RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
So Level: 0 somewhere in March then, how Bo didn't fire Lazoda yet, beyond me.XD
Koda has issued a progress report to deny those allegations.

The original message is too long so I'll just post the important parts of it.
" Progress Report tl;dr - Still working on it; will not be in March "
" For a spoiler-free explanation for how long 7F is taking, scroll up and replace mentions of Karen/6F with 7F as the situation is very similar: Bo has had trouble finalizing the floor flow to his satisfaction. A bit more info on our progress and design style for 7F is below. "
" On my end, I'm working on some odds and ends in addition to 7F and 8F. "
" We're aware that this is the longest gap between releases so far and not any more happy about it than you are, but ultimately the game itself takes priority. Thanks as always for everyone's patience and support. "

Everyone is so critical of Koda and dissing on his time management and communication skills, but he answered those allegations before they even popped up. All those snippets are from a progress report he made in early 2019. He clearly is a man ahead of his time.

renzur

Aug 14, 2017
Koda has issued a progress report to deny those allegations.

The original message is too long so I'll just post the important parts of it.
" Progress Report tl;dr - Still working on it; will not be in March "
" For a spoiler-free explanation for how long 7F is taking, scroll up and replace mentions of Karen/6F with 7F as the situation is very similar: Bo has had trouble finalizing the floor flow to his satisfaction. A bit more info on our progress and design style for 7F is below. "
" On my end, I'm working on some odds and ends in addition to 7F and 8F. "
" We're aware that this is the longest gap between releases so far and not any more happy about it than you are, but ultimately the game itself takes priority. Thanks as always for everyone's patience and support. "

Everyone is so critical of Koda and dissing on his time management and communication skills, but he answered those allegations before they even popped up. All those snippets are from a progress report he made in early 2019. He clearly is a man ahead of his time.
Literally everything he says in these updates is spruced up into a one sentence lie. He sounds like a EA Community Manager.

If he was actually more upfront with the issues they are having, I'd trust them more. If Koda actually showed what he uses for time management, if he has any, I'd trust them more. If Bo actually crawled out of his hole sometime and act as the team lead, I'd trust him more.

Uros666

Nov 18, 2018
Right click on the page and translate to english. After that you'll need to sign up for a ci-en account(it's like twitter) then follow his page(
(NomeJon / excessm)
so you can see the download link. Click on "Trial version ver.2 is distributed" scroll down and you'll see th download link. If you need anymore help, just let me know.
thank you i found it

Reactions: first name
Feb 2, 2020
I wonder, Ive often had my own ideas for a game like TOT and my intial idea was something very similar to the mansion game where a boy would be lost and find himself at a strange womans mansion who does femdom stuff to him. How hard really is it to use rpgmaker and do all the art? most of the poses are (supposedly) traced with the unique part being the characters and the writing and things seem like where most the time would go to. Do you even code in rpgmaker or are things like cutscenes done using a setting?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tsukamoto Misako

Regda

Dec 22, 2018
I wonder, Ive often had my own ideas for a game like TOT and my intial idea was something very similar to the mansion game where a boy would be lost and find himself at a strange womans mansion who does femdom stuff to him. How hard really is it to use rpgmaker and do all the art? most of the poses are (supposedly) traced with the unique part being the characters and the writing and things seem like where most the time would go to. Do you even code in rpgmaker or are things like cutscenes done using a setting?
Related to the version you choose you have to code in ruby or js. Dont forget the photoshop work if you dont wanna it look like each other game.

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
If you stick to the super basic built-in RPG Maker stuff you don't need to do any coding, things like the maps, chat popups, simple image display, basic save flags, things that 'activate' when you stand or interact with a thing, etc. Anything more unique that you don't see in every single RPG Maker game ever made (good animations for images for example) require actual Ruby scripting (Or JS if you're using RPG Maker MV) and there are quite a few constraints on what you can unpack in terms of how the engine works and how to accomplish things, so there's a lot of frustrating guesswork for anything that's a bit more original. Script documentation, with the exception of community made stuff (which is hilarious and unusual, btw), is all but non-existent.

TL;DR: For actually original stuff you need to write a fair bit of code, for basic stuff not really though I think the UI for RPG Maker is a cluttered hellscape that devours all hope

Reactions: c-+ and Walk Cycle

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
If you stick to the super basic built-in RPG Maker stuff you don't need to do any coding, things like the maps, chat popups, simple image display, basic save flags, things that 'activate' when you stand or interact with a thing, etc. Anything more unique that you don't see in every single RPG Maker game ever made (good animations for images for example) require actual Ruby scripting (Or JS if you're using RPG Maker MV) and there are quite a few constraints on what you can unpack in terms of how the engine works and how to accomplish things, so there's a lot of frustrating guesswork for anything that's a bit more original. Script documentation, with the exception of community made stuff (which is hilarious and unusual, btw), is all but non-existent.

TL;DR: For actually original stuff you need to write a fair bit of code, for basic stuff not really though I think the UI for RPG Maker is a cluttered hellscape that devours all hope
There are several versions of RPGM though. Which one do you think is most friendly to newbies?

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes