RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Please, don't misunderstand me, but fair in this context is very hard to define at least for me. I payed 4 euro's in total for their content back when Swan and Crow pt2 were releasing, before that I still played the shit out of it. Now, in total I spend in between 20 to 40 hours in this game, I hope not more xaxaxa! Now I get paid in average 13 euros per hour for my work time, that makes it between 260 and 520 euros in my productive time that I spend in this game, now multiply it with people that also spent a good amount of time on this game and likely enjoyed it. Now the question to me is: do Bo and Koda deserve the money they got? Not for me to judge, I will just say I am glad I found this game, I enjoyed it and I hope it evolves or inspires others. But because they could do it, that means other also can, because let's be honest, Bo Wei stole art work, the game runs a RPGM which Bo didn't create and the ideas we see aren't original ideas. What makes this game cool is that it's the first time I see addiction fetish (more specific femdom masturbation addiction to be precise) being used in a video game context. And we seem to enjoy this shit, I confidently say that despite the tremendous delays and other failures overall even long term patreons got their money's worth. But that's just my opinion.
Maybe, except I started playing this in 2017. That means, if I were a Patreon that whole time, I would have paid 38X2 so $76. Roughly. No game is worth that. AND I WOULD STILL BE PAYING. I'm not one to tell others how to spend their money, but thats quite a bit of cash for a half completed game and a handful of much smaller games. The entire bundle should cost $20.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Patreon formula isn't for every developer and here's an example. Actually I don't quite like Patreon. I think that if I pay for something, I get something already done. Keep it simple.
I agree that in it's current manifestation, it's crap. I do think, at some point, it was meant as a virtual tip jar, but instead people used it as an easy to use paywall.

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
I agree that in it's current manifestation, it's crap. I do think, at some point, it was meant as a virtual tip jar, but instead people used it as an easy to use paywall.
Completely agreed, I have seen artists that barely make 200$ a month on patreon who provide constant new art and interact with their patreons all the time.
On the other hand we have Koda

Fruitsi

Aug 17, 2020
Maybe, except I started playing this in 2017. That means, if I were a Patreon that whole time, I would have paid 38X2 so $76. Roughly. No game is worth that. AND I WOULD STILL BE PAYING. I'm not one to tell others how to spend their money, but thats quite a bit of cash for a half completed game and a handful of much smaller games. The entire bundle should cost $20.
it costs 2 dollars for the entire bundle, my guy.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Because Koda is stealing your money. And there is nothing you can do about it.
If you actually wanna help Koda in some way, why don't you get a bunch of discord ppl together to try and get him to consider going to see a mental health expert?
Or, you know, you can keep on pretending there's nothing wrong with him and post more weak, low-effort bait if that's your thing...

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Completely agreed, I have seen artists that barely make 200$ a month on patreon who provide constant new art and interact with their patreons all the time.
On the other hand we have Koda
Agreed x2.
A captive niche group + bare minimum cost, with only the benefit of speaking(praising/off topic conversations only, don't you dare lowly cash cow to criticize/complain to us!) = to great rewards in the long run with very low effort.
4k + monthly for CGs/reused CGs, text, RPGMaker and the brand new "grade A" idea a laugh from a voice actress. You can tell me agan how this is not a scam, or to try making a RPGMaker game myself but at the end of the day there is 0 to very little patreon money invested to the development of the game, they don't even wanna hire another person to speed things up and it's been 2 years of a stale "passion project" in bowei96 words.
Your game and minigames took 16 dollars from me in 2018, wish I could have saved them for Crab Fight during black friday :LOL:.

Feb 2, 2020
I dont know how this idea will be taken but what about a temporary person to replace koda? maybe ask him to go see help as well as somehow convince bo to get someone else more reliable to do the little things since its been months since we have had proper TOT quality content.

DogStar

Feb 5, 2020
If you actually wanna help Koda in some way, why don't you get a bunch of discord ppl together to try and get him to consider going to see a mental health expert?
Or, you know, you can keep on pretending there's nothing wrong with him and post more weak, low-effort bait if that's your thing...
Again with the mental health claims? Can't you just leave that aside? Believe me I'm upset as much as anyone about the delays, but playing psychologist is going too far. Going by that logic you should also be consulting for the amount of aggression you exude here. The only thing we should do is convince people to stop supporting those guys and support their direct competitors instead.

Revoni

Jun 4, 2018
Good idea. I'll rally some people on discord and get Koda the help he desperately needs. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hero sama

Jan 4, 2020
I dont know how this idea will be taken but what about a temporary person to replace koda? maybe ask him to go see help as well as somehow convince bo to get someone else more reliable to do the little things since its been months since we have had proper TOT quality content.
No, Koda owns Bo

Reactions: Big_Daddy_H
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes