RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes
Jun 24, 2017
Are you really comparing Koda working in an RPG Maker game with teams made up of dozens of experienced game developers working in big-name game engines? Doesn't that sound like a bit of an absurd comparison to you mr 51?
Yeah you're right it should take the rpg maker dev significantly less time even if its only 2 people. Rpg maker is an engine people who have no knowledge of how to make games can use. Why do you think there's so many rpg maker games lmao.

Jul 8, 2021
Are you really comparing Koda working in an RPG Maker game with teams made up of dozens of experienced game developers working in big-name game engines? Doesn't that sound like a bit of an absurd comparison to you mr 51?
Lucas Pope made papers please in less than 2 years by himself. Dont give me that shit. I could name hundreds of indie games made in less time by singular devs. Koda is outsourcing all art sound effects and music via bo and rpg maker. Stop defending him.

Mar 10, 2020
Eric Barone of Stardew Valley developed the game alone as well. Although it took him 4 years, he alone designed the art and characters, animated every pixel, composed the music, wrote the dialogues and programmed the game. All of that in 4 years singlehandedly.

Bo Wei handles the art. Some of the music they use are from a popular mobile rhythm music game Cytus. I don't even know if they have permission to use their music. Sylph Phoenix sometimes assists with the code. What reasonable excuse is left? I think he's just a manipulative, procrastinating, incompetent guy for the given job. But since I don't know the intricacy of coding in RPG Maker and I'm just being ignorant right now, then let me ask this question:

Sylph Phoenix if you were in Koda's position, how long would it take you to finish F7 if you work on it full time? Let's say 10 hours of coding a day.

YugataKisu

May 5, 2019
Let's say 10 hours of coding a day.
10 hours of coding a day.

first of all everyone needs to realize that koda and bo are not partners koda is the codemonkey of bo no matter what they say
and yes bo steals pretty much everything for ToT from art to god damn laughs if you watched the anime higurashi you cannot unhear it. but why are they doing that? are they lazy? I honestly just think they fucking suck and don't want to put the effort or the money into their game to come up with original stuff. now to the code thing i have said a lot of times that both bo and koda were wayyyy too overambitious with 7F they lack the skill and know-how for the things they wanted to add for 7F resulting into a complete mess and them dropping 7F completely for a very long time to work on sidegames.

oh but Stardew Valley was made in 4 Years, yea cuz the guy is good ToT is made by 2 nolife coomers you cannot compare trash to gold

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
I feel like everyone misunderstood my point entirely. I'm not defending Koda on 7F; there are reasons why it would take a longer time to do 7F than other things but they are in the scale of months and not years. Every deviation from 7F has earned him scorn from me, and for a while I had refused to help him because he was STILL not prioritizing 7F.

My point is that there aren't many other situations you can reasonably compare him to because they're in totally different worlds. Any AAA game is completely incomparable because there's a laundry list of things that are totally different and could make it faster or slower with no one here having the experience to understand it. I even feel that comparing him to the likes of Toby Fox or Eric Barone isn't fair because those people are fucking geniuses; you're selecting out the very best the world has to offer in indie game developers to compare Koda to instead of the average indie game developer that produces absolute trash or just gives up partway through. Then the Paper's Please comparison makes no sense because that game's brilliance is not in its complexity; functionally the game is so simple I could make the mechanics in a weekend, it's a genius idea but a simple game. Compare me to the best programmers in the world and I'll look like trash too, doesn't mean anything.
Sylph Phoenix if you were in Koda's position, how long would it take you to finish F7 if you work on it full time? Let's say 10 hours of coding a day.
I've said it in the past, but I'm not a replacement for Koda. I'm a software engineer, a good one, but Koda isn't coding all that much, especially since I became the help for that. I'm not a writer, I'm not the sort of person to untangle Bo's shit, I'm not a person with a lot of patience for working in RPG Maker. If I did 7F, it would be substantially worse in every way except stability, and there's a good chance I'd just give up and go back to working on my engine or something. I really do hate RPG Maker. When/if 7F comes out, presumably some time after the environmental collapse of 2073, I'll show whomever is interested what's in 7F and the kind of work you have to do for that and then show you the stuff I was brought in to do. Educational n shit.

Last edited:

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
sounds like something the replacement for koda would say
You got me. I was 11 years old when I learned that Koda was my real father. My mother was a heavy drinker after the divorce, turning to the bottle instead of raising me, and during one of her drunken rants she explained the way that my father would delay child support payments for years at a time. It was at that moment I understood the truth. That night was a terrible thunderstorm, and it was under a flashing sky that I swore I would one day make things right. For years I trained in the forbidden arts. My many teachers told me that I must use the RPG Maker VX Ace techniques for the good of the people, that my Common Events should be noble, my Game Interpreter functions merciful. I didn't tell them the truth. They couldn't know, they couldn't understand, that what I would do with these skills was more important than virtue. How could they ever understand true justice?

I laid a snare, beautiful in its complexity. I masqueraded as help, as some nobody that wanted to support his work. Only a fool would believe that a random member of the public would help so much for nothing. He believed it and suspected nothing. The arrogant never do. I started planting the seeds of dissent in the public, presenting myself as a rational centrist; the reasonable alternative. I became stronger, using my training and my instincts to undermine him without anyone realizing. I remembered my mother's words: "Fffuck of Ssylph". Yes, I will remember her wisdom. She helped me become who I am today, and this will be for her. No, perhaps it's for everyone.

Have I stumbled across nobility? Did this mission, born from a desire for vengeance, turn into something else in time? If a man does what's best for the world in his quest for vengeance, was it a vengeful act or a virtuous one? I don't know the answer to these questions. All I know is glorious purpose; I must replace Koda as Bo Wei's underpaid partner. When I spring the trap, he will know the pain of a childhood lost, the agony of years waiting for what would never come, the desolation of being replaced as I was.

inthef95zone

Sep 21, 2017
You got me. I was 11 years old when I learned that Koda was my real father. My mother was a heavy drinker after the divorce, turning to the bottle instead of raising me, and during one of her drunken rants she explained the way that my father would delay child support payments for years at a time. It was at that moment I understood the truth. That night was a terrible thunderstorm, and it was under a flashing sky that I swore I would one day make things right. For years I trained in the forbidden arts. My many teachers told me that I must use the RPG Maker VX Ace techniques for the good of the people, that my Common Events should be noble, my Game Interpreter functions merciful. I didn't tell them the truth. They couldn't know, they couldn't understand, that what I would do with these skills was more important than virtue. How could they ever understand true justice?

I laid a snare, beautiful in its complexity. I masqueraded as help, as some nobody that wanted to support his work. Only a fool would believe that a random member of the public would help so much for nothing. He believed it and suspected nothing. The arrogant never do. I started planting the seeds of dissent in the public, presenting myself as a rational centrist; the reasonable alternative. I became stronger, using my training and my instincts to undermine him without anyone realizing. I remembered my mother's words: "Fffuck of Ssylph". Yes, I will remember her wisdom. She helped me become who I am today, and this will be for her. No, perhaps it's for everyone.

Have I stumbled across nobility? Did this mission, born from a desire for vengeance, turn into something else in time? If a man does what's best for the world in his quest for vengeance, was it a vengeful act or a virtuous one? I don't know the answer to these questions. All I know is glorious purpose; I must replace Koda as Bo Wei's underpaid partner. When I spring the trap, he will know the pain of a childhood lost, the agony of years waiting for what would never come, the desolation of being replaced as I was.
His mother would always tell him that one day he had to defeat his father, and look at him now, he became the writer his father could never be

tjones1137

Jan 31, 2019
I've said it in the past, but I'm not a replacement for Koda. I'm a software engineer, a good one, but Koda isn't coding all that much, especially since I became the help for that. I'm not a writer, I'm not the sort of person to untangle Bo's shit, I'm not a person with a lot of patience for working in RPG Maker. If I did 7F, it would be substantially worse in every way except stability, and there's a good chance I'd just give up and go back to working on my engine or something. I really do hate RPG Maker. When/if 7F comes out, presumably some time after the environmental collapse of 2073, I'll show whomever is interested what's in 7F and the kind of work you have to do for that and then show you the stuff I was brought in to do. Educational n shit.

I'm down to see that.

Reactions: Sylph Phoenix

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017

This is seriously some Pulitzer prize shit right there.

But you still had the audacity to try to trick us into thinking that you weren't any good at writing:
(...)I'm not a writer(...)
C'mon now, let's stop this facade and be real with each other here.
Search your feelings. I know you you know it to be true.
Go on Harra-err... *ahem* Sylph Phoenix, you're the CHOSEN ONE!

Last edited:

WallyKot

Apr 5, 2020
As a fellow developer i'm interested myself, count me in

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Sylph and Yugata, a long awaited collaboration. Ride forth king and queen, for the road of the unforgiven is long and arduous.

or something like that i guess
I really look forward to when Boda finally completed the game in 2025 that those two will remake it from start and turn it into the beautiful diamond this could be.
Mayby then we will get finally two Lily routes too.

Reactions: Malfoy66

Archer84

Jul 13, 2020
I just downloaded the patch and I tried to go up to the 7th floor but it says that it hasn't been added yet, I'm confused what the update is then?

• Wow
Reactions: smellyz44
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes