RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Huan Slp

Jan 15, 2018
Ok now this timer thing is just a joke... I never complained not even once about the delay but this is simply too much wtf

U

User_891710

All respect where due for the creation of this piece of art, literally the only reason I became a member of this forum.

But goddamn I need to stop checking this thread, gets me right in the hope every time. :FeelsBadMan:

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
What did I tell you all? Yvonne won't be out on the 20th and the 6th floor won't even be out this month, guaranteed. Its just disrespectful.

CrapLord

Oct 29, 2017
These delays feel like when I'm about to climax but then I don't. The feeling Just leaves. It's frustrating but feels so good. Why? I don't know.

skyreacher

Jan 23, 2018
ppl....plll..., chill out just think like i do, wen ever a date is anounced i usualy add 1 week, quite often comes soonner than that sure i get a lil sad about the delays but makes the waiting sooooooooooooo much easier if ur just focused on 1 week later or so, trust me it works big time :D

Oct 30, 2017
ppl....plll..., chill out just think like i do, wen ever a date is anounced i usualy add 1 week, quite often comes soonner than that sure i get a lil sad about the delays but makes the waiting sooooooooooooo much easier if ur just focused on 1 week later or so, trust me it works big time :D
No, it doesn't.

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
By your logic the update has been delayed two months after one week after they said they would release it.

Mar 18, 2018
I think the issue right now is he not giving himself some slack when it comes to time frames. Rather than stating it will take 24 hours, he should have stated he needs until Monday with a possible release prior to that. OR he should have left out a feature or two and put out a smaller update with the rest to follow which would have calmed peoples nerves.

In addition to that communication is key for good customer relations and he is completely failing at that due to just stating "I need another 24 hours " constantly.

I work for a software developer as part of the technical support team.

Our developers put out regular updates about what is coming up in development sprints for customers. They usually break it down into: New features, Feature updates, Bug Fixes and Delays.

When he finishes an update he should be clearly outlining what the next update will feature, with an inital time frame - which includes some good slack for issues that arise.

Then as those issues do arise, he should be outlining the causes of the delays. Is it animation which is more detailed so is taking longer to do? Is it a new game mechanics which he cannot work out how to implement with the desired results etc.

Right now his customers are guessing and will mostly jump to the worst conclusion.

Arctif

May 5, 2018
That's great for a company, who will have dedicated staff for producing PR-related content. This is just Bo and Koda.

Having such comprehensive updates regularly would just take away a good chunk of time that would otherwise be spent working on the game.

Not to mention time frames and slack comes from experience. I don't think Bo has that much experience with actual production of a game, despite the fact that he does a good job with the content.

Reactions: nicknicola

JiffyC

Sep 13, 2018
I am disappointed, personally. However I am desensitized due to following numerous free games and patreon paywall-locked games that have been delayed and delayed. It's unfortunately made me less likely to give support. I follow a grand total of one development project that actually keeps to its update schedule and that game uses a poll to decide what content comes next month and I am always in the voting minority who doesn't want more futa content (Majalis's Tales of Androgyny).

I too believe that the game should be updated sooner, but at this point I'm willing to accept that in order to be satisfied you should enter into patreon with a spirit for generous charity first, and return on investment possibly never. Meaning having absolutely no expectation that this person will ever honor their word about anything is the only way to not get burned. That's a horrible mindset, but that's the situation we're in these days. When I give to a patreon, I remind myself I do it because I want to support the developer, not because I actually expect them to give me anything. It's cut down on who I give to or even consider giving to, but then I don't feel so bad about not giving to some when I sit there and realize I don't want to just donate money to them.

Again, that's not the way it should be and that's not the way its setup with paywalled videogames, but that's what I've been reduced to at this rate. Having niche fetishes sucks.

Reactions: GearlessJoe

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
That's great for a company, who will have dedicated staff for producing PR-related content. This is just Bo and Koda.

Having such comprehensive updates regularly would just take away a good chunk of time that would otherwise be spent working on the game.

Not to mention time frames and slack comes from experience. I don't think Bo has that much experience with actual production of a game, despite the fact that he does a good job with the content.
I disagree. Content updates literally take no effort. Telling us the reason for the delays also takes zero effort. It's just communication, and they seem to have a problem with it.

Also, even if it's a two-man team, having 1000+ patreon backers for their game means it's about time they started acting more PROFESSIONALLY. This has stopped being a tiny little fan project, guys, they've crossed that line already.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
The real sad part is that neither of them seem to be learning from their mistakes. People have suggested time and again to stop giving dates, just give general updates more frequently. Give the people a broad idea of where you are in an update cycle, don't give timelines, and just post when it's done. It would really save them a decent amount of aggravation.

They won't listen, or course. They'll continue to make the same errors time and again, and have to deal with the same old shitstorm of complaints again. This exact pattern has been happening since April.

Punk80954

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah: we got played again.
View attachment 176464

Damn... this is getting out of hand.
I can comprehend that Koda might be struggling by now, but I'm thinking of revoking my support for the time being.
This update really meant something to me because Yvonne was the one who needed an update the most urgently and it kept getting left aside, again and again.

PS: if the content is amazing enough, I might consider keeping the support because I believe that they are the best around at what they do.

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
The only thing I find sad about this is that were waiting for such a small update, that if we take this update delay time, which was 3 months, then the 6th floor may not even be out until January.

Arctif

May 5, 2018
I disagree. Content updates literally take no effort. Telling us the reason for the delays also takes zero effort. It's just communication, and they seem to have a problem with it.

Also, even if it's a two-man team, having 1000+ patreon backers for their game means it's about time they started acting more PROFESSIONALLY. This has stopped being a a tiny little fan project, guys, they've crossed that line already.
"Literally no effort" is definitely hyperbole. If you're going to do it properly it means keeping track of who knows how many things (considering we do not know how Bo or Koda work) and then compiling them together, legibly. Possibly then translating it through because of his Chinese audience (?).

Though it may not be the hardest thing in the world, it's also not insignificant.

It doesn't matter how many backers you have as well. I don't know what Bo has set out to do, whether he is making it his full time job or how many personal responsibilities he has in addition to ToT. If he has set out to create a game in his spare time (if he is not doing it full time), more backers doesn't necessitate that he has to change that; their backing is voluntary and may be revoked at any time.

He may certainly consider going full time and professional, in light of that, with the desire to maintain all those backers, sure. But it is still definitely a small project, worked on by as far as I can see, just two like-minded people.

I can get behind the idea that we want more communication, but I'll be the first to admit I just don't understand all the big frustration. If it is a money issue, you can unsubscribe, and if it's just a desire to play the game, patience.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
"Literally no effort" is definitely hyperbole. If you're going to do it properly it means keeping track of who knows how many things (considering we do not know how Bo or Koda work) and then compiling them together, legibly. Possibly then translating it through because of his Chinese audience (?).

Though it may not be the hardest thing in the world, it's also not insignificant.

It doesn't matter how many backers you have as well. I don't know what Bo has set out to do, whether he is making it his full time job or how many personal responsibilities he has in addition to ToT. If he has set out to create a game in his spare time (if he is not doing it full time), more backers doesn't necessitate that he has to change that; their backing is voluntary and may be revoked at any time.

He may certainly consider going full time and professional, in light of that, with the desire to maintain all those backers, sure. But it is still definitely a small project, worked on by as far as I can see, just two like-minded people.

I can get behind the idea that we want more communication, but I'll be the first to admit I just don't understand all the big frustration. If it is a money issue, you can unsubscribe, and if it's just a desire to play the game, patience.
I feel that most are annoyed with the lack of communication and the consistent passing of projected release dates. If they were more transparent and consistent, I doubt there would be this amount of animosity. The project has suffered constant delay though since the Khulan release date back in April (I believe), and the delays are NEVER explained, which is going to lead people to assume general laziness is at least a factor.

Coldharbour

Jun 24, 2018
I was starting to get irritated the last time it was delayed. However, since then i have fallen ill, and no longer have the energy to be annoyed. Everyone, get sick, it helps apparently.

Mar 18, 2018
The issue here is that other smaller companies have also managed to balance updates with development. War for the Overworld managed to give updates when the small team was working nonstop to get their deadline (and kinda messed it up). However even after the release when they where producing mutliple bug fixes a day each came with an update.

The head dev does the updates for my company.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes