RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes
Oct 30, 2017
If there is ANOTHER delay, may it be one f*cking second, I'm forever revoking my Patreon support.
This is not funny: it is plain disrespect and disregard for the community, specially for those who actually pledge.

It's not only the delays per se, but the fact that we don't know what are the issues and what actually is going on. It wasn't properly justified, we are being left in the dark by total lack of proper communication and people got to trust the deadlines several and several times, only to be played with again.

badwulf51

Jul 4, 2018
Another delay?

Nice.

Suppose you guys dont mind if I delay my monthly pateron payment for you by a few months as well?

Nice.

Thank you.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
And u care for them ? More easy to have 1 patron sharing it and rest downloading it for free than they will add better content than subscribing and QQ ...
I don't understand your question. Do I care about who? The Patreons? I generally don't think it's right when anyone shows a lack of respect for their customer base, whether that be a large corporation or a pair of indie game developers.

badwulf51

Jul 4, 2018
Also to the one dude defending these delays tooth and nail there is a BIG BIG MASSIVE DIFFERENCE between

>hey guys gonna need to delay the update by 8 hours
>8 hours pass
>update releases

And

>hey guys gonna need to delay the update 8 hours
>8 hours pass
>yaaaa...ima need another 9 hours
>13 hours pass
>OK 8 HOURS THIS TIME I SWEAR
>8 hours pass
>lol 15 no take backies xD

Its actually a joke

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
I am not a patron so I can't complain. having said that I was planning of pledging after floor 6 but damn this is just disrespectful. They have so much going for them with this game, there is nothing like it, but if they don't stop this crap I doubt we will see floor 20

Impatient666

Jul 17, 2017
Everyone above who complained will still play the game :/
Of course we will play. We wouldn't be here otherwise. The point is that Koda is just pure trolling us with these timers. Usually a timer is set so that an update comes out when it hits zero. He should be certain, that it will be on time. Now it is like a 4th timer? No explanation what is going on? It's not his first update, so he should have an idea how long it takes.

Blood Parade

Dusk of Mankind
Donor
Jun 17, 2018
They need to just straight up stop giving release dates, and switch that out for some sort of weekly progress news, like what they've done over the last period of time, or how far in they are in terms of CGs and such. With how complicated some of the prior stuff was, it's no longer possible to fit what they're doing within strict ETAs, since there will always be slip-ups, especially on a somewhat old RPG Maker. At this point keeping up the release date announcements only needlessly infuriates the community.

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
What's happening is that they have a release date, did absolutely nothing for that entire period and are now doing a rush cram job to finish. The reason there not telling us what is causing the delay is because they have Jack shit to present.

Koblas

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
Can’t blame such a masterpiece, something happened for sure. Still it’s so annoying, and again why did he put an other timer? I would have preferred something like “tomorrow you will have it, sorry for the delays” instead of this troll timer...

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
If its too time consuming doing the weekly or bi weekly reports for the community, they could make one of the most active and reputed members on the discord do that job. Someone they can trust and tell how are things going on.
So he can be a intermediary between them and discord, doing the reports. They dont have to even lift a finger, just tell what they are doing at the moment and thats it. I think it could work out.

skite0

Jul 22, 2017
I feel like some of you are forgetting that this is a 2 man operation with one person mainly doing the coding and writing and the second one mainly doing the high quality art and some coding.

This is a game that relies heavily on imagery as well as good quality writing.

The delays are understandable, believe it or not, it does take a of effort to write lines for characters in game, writing to make a character feel the way they do, draw the art with the right proportions (example making the legs be just right, etc), coding the rooms and potentially creating new assets not present in RPG maker to make some rooms have a life of their own (example: cobra's room).

I know some of you are upset with the delays, but if you're been with ToT since F1, you'll know that the quality of the floors have increased over time. Koda also did say that the quality of their work will be reflected in the time they take, and so far, he's never lied about that.

Think back to when this project first started...

We first had floor 1 with scarlet a relatively standard character initially with no real game mechanics in fights. Eventually we hit the Eliza (Floor 3) release an with artwork and game mechanics that were far superior to scarlet and with far more interactions as well as her backroom. I'm sure you can objectively agree that even if Eliza may not be your favourite character, she was far superior in terms of quality compared to Scarlett. Skipping ahead even more to the cobra and Lily release and once again, I think you can all objectively agree that compared to Eliza, the quality has once again improved and even more so if you compare them to Scarlett.

Now I will agree that delaying the release is upsetting, but they have kept their promise, in that the extra time they spent is reflective in their work.

Personally I wound encourage that they take additional time so they can artistically express themselves in their creations and breath more life into this game to truly make it something special.

Remember, they can easily release a "Scarlett" each month, but I think we all agree that their more recent floor and character releases (although with many delays) have been their best thus far.

-夢ストーカー

Reactions: windyhome1

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Did previous floors took this much time to be released ?
It has progressively become worse with each passing month. There was a time, believe it or not, when Bo Wei was releasing floors BEFORE the 30 day deadline was up. Those were the days.

Since, every update has taken longer and longer, until now where it has been two months since Koda's last update, and, what FOUR MONTHS since Lily's update (the last new boss to be released)? It has become rather laughable.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes