RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
Idc what the reason for the delay was, tell us why before you give 6+ delays then I may feel a bit charitable.

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
@nicknicola I think you mistook me with the guy I was replying to, on the topic of delays I've always said take all the time you need, just don't build up people's hopes in the meantime.

With that out of the way, I have to say I'm impressed with how optimistic some of the people here are. After like 5 delays already, when B_023 posted a pic from the discord where koda saying he needed 8-10 hours more, instead of saying 8-10, he wrote that we needed 8 hours till the next update. And after even the latest delays, GearlessJoe still hoped that 6f will come a week early. It makes me wonder if it's me who is too big of a cynic.

Arctif

May 5, 2018
Pretty sure Gearless meant it as a jest. I don't think he actually expects that.

There's very little optimism here :WutFace:

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Heh, I was being a bit optimistic there, delusional even. The way I saw it, these delays could've meant one of two things:

Option 1: The devs have a big surprise in store for us, something that that would prove everyone complaining about the delays and saying Bo's update is coming in 2019 wrong. A change of pace that would restore the faith in the devs that a big chunk of this community has been losing.

Option 2: One of the devs has no work ethic whatsoever and doesn't give a shit about the fandom.

Guess we know which one it is now.

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Heh, I was being a bit optimistic there, delusional even. The way I saw it, these delays could've meant one of two things:

Option 1: The devs have a big surprise in store for us, something that that would prove everyone complaining about the delays and saying Bo's update is coming in 2019 wrong. A change of pace that would restore the faith in the devs that a big chunk of this community has been losing.

Option 2: One of the devs has no work ethic whatsoever and doesn't give a shit about the fandom.

Guess we know which one it is now.
It's make or break with F6

shuracon1

May 16, 2018
If this is how Koda thinks cakes are made, then I feel bad for anyone who's had to try anything he's baked before.

(Same announcement that was posted in the discord, but Koda adds that he'll explain what happened after the update drops)
Pffft. Positive attitudes?

JiffyC

Sep 13, 2018
As a reminder to anyone who is capable of "forgiving" this because it's a 2-man operation, Majalis's Tales of Androgyny is coded in Java, not an easy to use thing like RPG Maker, is a two man operation, has one artist on the two man team, and still only delays updates by a week at best. Every month a new enemy is added and then next month the community votes. Every week, a build with minor changes is pushed to the people who pay extra.

A 2-man team isn't an excuse for this. A one man team can make a great game. The issues with ToT lie elsewhere other than being understaffed.

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
@nicknicola I think you mistook me with the guy I was replying to, on the topic of delays I've always said take all the time you need, just don't build up people's hopes in the meantime.
Yeah, sorry hvarbo, my bad. It was for
If Koda explains a bit why all this, all forgotten on my part XD It's not really a big deal but sometimes the salt can overwhelms us.
Koda we love you, dont take it too hard when you read all these posts XD

Reactions: CrapLord

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
Well tbh I don't think that the consecutive amount of delays is caused by a total disrespect or procrastination. I think that the reason why we got consecutive timers is because koda wanted to satisfy his playerbase and he was all like "when is the soonest I can have it ready if I put in heavy hours?". And he told us that date. And because projects rarely go as smoothly as we imagine them, he got delayed, and because he felt guilty he told us the soonest date he could possibly have it ready, etc. etc.

I think that what a really lazy person would have done when he missed a deadline would be to say, I'll have it ready in a week to give himself more time to laze about. Strangely enough, that would have been much preferable. People have an off-mode where they focus on other stuff, and a hype-mode where they refresh every 10 minutes to search for info. So even though it's not as efficient, people would feel better being told that an expansion was coming at 2,5 months and the expansion coming like clockwork, rather than having the expansion come at 2 months, while being strung along the last 2 weeks.

It might be an odd example because of the completely different genres, but you can see that from Hearthstone. It has one expansion every 4 months, but people still get hyped when it's time for that. But while they could wait patiently for months because they knew when the expansion was supposed to come, when one time due to poor planning the first day of the card reveals only one card was revealed (and it was a bad card to boot) everyone flipped their shit. So I've said it before, I'll say it again. People can be patient when they know they have to be patient, but for the love of god don't fuck with them while they're all hyped up.

Reactions: c-+

Arctif

May 5, 2018
Careful to play with something you can't control here. You can trigger so many HF fans out there XD

(one is right here)
HL3 is in the works, it's just gonna be so good that it will never release because the dev time is infinity.

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
Changing topic, I don't know if it makes sense in the history or is too much content to implement, but making the mistress you like the most your companion following you around the tower would be pretty neat. Her making fun of you about the way you fight, attacking you along the mistress you are fighting (like a handicap) or when you lose a threesome :happyblush

Or instead of picking you the mistress you like, we get a new single companion. Or at least some form of mistress interacting with each other in your presence, like Scarlet and Eliza sharing their pet across the tower and humiliating you in front of others.

And yeah, I know this has to be implemented when all floors are completed, but I think the floors and mistress need to interact a bit with each other so the tower feels a bit more lively ;)

Is is possible? @Koda-

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Well tbh I don't think that the consecutive amount of delays is caused by a total disrespect or procrastination. I think that the reason why we got consecutive timers is because koda wanted to satisfy his playerbase and he was all like "when is the soonest I can have it ready if I put in heavy hours?". And he told us that date. And because projects rarely go as smoothly as we imagine them, he got delayed, and because he felt guilty he told us the soonest date he could possibly have it ready, etc. etc.

I think that what a really lazy person would have done when he missed a deadline would be to say, I'll have it ready in a week to give himself more time to laze about. Strangely enough, that would have been much preferable. People have an off-mode where they focus on other stuff, and a hype-mode where they refresh every 10 minutes to search for info. So even though it's not as efficient, people would feel better being told that an expansion was coming at 2,5 months and the expansion coming like clockwork, rather than having the expansion come at 2 months, while being strung along the last 2 weeks.

It might be an odd example because of the completely different genres, but you can see that from Hearthstone. It has one expansion every 4 months, but people still get hyped when it's time for that. But while they could wait patiently for months because they knew when the expansion was supposed to come, when one time due to poor planning the first day of the card reveals only one card was revealed (and it was a bad card to boot) everyone flipped their shit. So I've said it before, I'll say it again. People can be patient when they know they have to be patient, but for the love of god don't fuck with them while they're all hyped up.
I agree with you for the most part. The problem with Koda and Bo Wei is that this isn't the first time. In fact, this happens EVERY update, at least to some degree. The timer was extra asinine this time around, but their "release dates" have become a running joke, and practically a meme on here.

Reactions: c-+
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes