RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
I was going to make a joke and say I got no need for the new timer since I already got the old one

But on a serious note did anyone else notice that while the first timer said ToT 2.0, the last one says 1.10.0? I wonder why that changed, was the 2.0 a number he threw around cause he didn't have time to look what was the last update, or did it change to 1.10.0 because he decided to cut on some stuff to manage to release it more quickly?

I might be overthinking it, but I do expect that 1.10.0 to have bugs that koda won't have time to iron out so he can throw out the expansion while keeping the number of delays to a single digit and that there will be a 1.10.1 the next day.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I feel like some of you are forgetting that this is a 2 man operation with one person mainly doing the coding and writing and the second one mainly doing the high quality art and some coding.

This is a game that relies heavily on imagery as well as good quality writing.

The delays are understandable, believe it or not, it does take a of effort to write lines for characters in game, writing to make a character feel the way they do, draw the art with the right proportions (example making the legs be just right, etc), coding the rooms and potentially creating new assets not present in RPG maker to make some rooms have a life of their own (example: cobra's room).

I know some of you are upset with the delays, but if you're been with ToT since F1, you'll know that the quality of the floors have increased over time. Koda also did say that the quality of their work will be reflected in the time they take, and so far, he's never lied about that.

Think back to when this project first started...

We first had floor 1 with scarlet a relatively standard character initially with no real game mechanics in fights. Eventually we hit the Eliza (Floor 3) release an with artwork and game mechanics that were far superior to scarlet and with far more interactions as well as her backroom. I'm sure you can objectively agree that even if Eliza may not be your favourite character, she was far superior in terms of quality compared to Scarlett. Skipping ahead even more to the cobra and Lily release and once again, I think you can all objectively agree that compared to Eliza, the quality has once again improved and even more so if you compare them to Scarlett.

Now I will agree that delaying the release is upsetting, but they have kept their promise, in that the extra time they spent is reflective in their work.

Personally I wound encourage that they take additional time so they can artistically express themselves in their creations and breath more life into this game to truly make it something special.

Remember, they can easily release a "Scarlett" each month, but I think we all agree that their more recent floor and character releases (although with many delays) have been their best thus far.

-夢ストーカー
You are minimalizing the real complaint. No one is raving against the game's quality, in fact, that's why most of us still care about the game. Everyone understands that updates take time, and that increased development time usually, besides Koda's last update, result in better content.

People are pissed that there have been 6+ dates set for THIS UPDATE ALONE!!!!! Stop giving out dates, or at least tell us why the date keeps getting pushed back. Their lack of communication is what reeks of disrespect for the player base, not the game's quality of content.

guiltyspark343

Jun 26, 2018
I was going to make a joke and say I got no need for the new timer since I already got the old one

But on a serious note did anyone else notice that while the first timer said ToT 2.0, the last one says 1.10.0? I wonder why that changed, was the 2.0 a number he threw around cause he didn't have time to look what was the last update, or did it change to 1.10.0 because he decided to cut on some stuff to manage to release it more quickly?

I might be overthinking it, but I do expect that 1.10.0 to have bugs that koda won't have time to iron out so he can throw out the expansion while keeping the number of delays to a single digit and that there will be a 1.10.1 the next day.
Hmm, I think it's 1.10 so it's not considered as big and as important as the upcoming (™) 6th floor which would rightfully be update 2.0, symbolizing a considerable improvement in the game.

Reactions: Pic

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
I feel like some of you are forgetting that this is a 2 man operation with one person mainly doing the coding and writing and the second one mainly doing the high quality art and some coding.

This is a game that relies heavily on imagery as well as good quality writing.

The delays are understandable, believe it or not, it does take a of effort to write lines for characters in game, writing to make a character feel the way they do, draw the art with the right proportions (example making the legs be just right, etc), coding the rooms and potentially creating new assets not present in RPG maker to make some rooms have a life of their own (example: cobra's room).

I know some of you are upset with the delays, but if you're been with ToT since F1, you'll know that the quality of the floors have increased over time. Koda also did say that the quality of their work will be reflected in the time they take, and so far, he's never lied about that.

Think back to when this project first started...

We first had floor 1 with scarlet a relatively standard character initially with no real game mechanics in fights. Eventually we hit the Eliza (Floor 3) release an with artwork and game mechanics that were far superior to scarlet and with far more interactions as well as her backroom. I'm sure you can objectively agree that even if Eliza may not be your favourite character, she was far superior in terms of quality compared to Scarlett. Skipping ahead even more to the cobra and Lily release and once again, I think you can all objectively agree that compared to Eliza, the quality has once again improved and even more so if you compare them to Scarlett.

Now I will agree that delaying the release is upsetting, but they have kept their promise, in that the extra time they spent is reflective in their work.

Personally I wound encourage that they take additional time so they can artistically express themselves in their creations and breath more life into this game to truly make it something special.

Remember, they can easily release a "Scarlett" each month, but I think we all agree that their more recent floor and character releases (although with many delays) have been their best thus far.

-夢ストーカー
You're totally missing the point. People do understand how there can be delays to do a high quality job, but while there are people upset with Bo Wei, most people at the moment are way more upset with Koda. Doesn't that strike you as odd when the last patch was Koda's and Bo Wei has taken more time to release stuff? It's because Koda has hyped people up 7 times with an exact date and even stuff like timers, only to let them down while Bo Wei hasn't (at least not lately and not as much). If come November 20th Bo Wei releases his expansion, then most people aren't going to be angry with him even if he has taken a lot of time. If he doesn't and there are a string of more delays there are going to be pages of complaints at the forum, and in my opinion rightly so.

Long story short, if you want time to make a quality product, take all the time you need, just don't play with other people's emotions and expectations while you do so.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
You're totally missing the point. People do understand how there can be delays to do a high quality job, but while there are people upset with Bo Wei, most people at the moment are way more upset with Koda. Doesn't that strike you as odd when the last patch was Koda's and Bo Wei has taken more time to release stuff? It's because Koda has hyped people up 7 times with an exact date and even stuff like timers, only to let them down while Bo Wei hasn't (at least not lately and not as much). If come November 20th Bo Wei releases his expansion, then most people aren't going to be angry with him even if he has taken a lot of time. If he doesn't and there are a string of more delays there are going to be pages of complaints at the forum, and in my opinion rightly so.

Long story short, if you want time to make a quality product, take all the time you need, just don't play with other people's emotions and expectations while you do so.
Dammit hvarbo, will you get a pic for your avatar! almost 50 posts in and you still have the default avatar! ;)

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
The way things are going, Koda should've made it a christmas update.

Imagine this, though. What if all these delays are because we're actually getting the 6th floor on top of Yvonne's content, since Bo finished early for a change. FAT CHANCE, am I right?

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
You have a point that they are taking more time to release because they are two guys and each update is better than the last, but is just as bahamut and others said: its the lack of communication and the constant delays making hype just for pushing and pushing the release.

They can take all the time they need, I'm not bother about that, but they need to stop toying with my heart :'(
And no more linking timers when you return drunk after a party, KODA PLEASE :coldsweat:

Reactions: bahamut2195

Kevin131191S

Jul 15, 2018
The way things are going, Koda should've made it a christmas update.

Imagine this, though. What if all these delays are because we're actually getting the 6th floor on top of Yvonne's content, since Bo finished early for a change. FAT CHANCE, am I right?
Would be great but at this time I'll be happy if it doesn't get delayed again.

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
Quite frankly after the 3rd delay I lost hope of any "deadline" being the last Kevin. Harden your heart for yet another delay at the end of this timer.

Reactions: Punk80954

Punk80954

Jul 2, 2017
Quite frankly after the 3rd delay I lost hope of any "deadline" being the last Kevin. Harden your heart for yet another delay at the end of this timer.
Yeah, I can't even think of a way to justify any of this. It's clear Koda procrastinated for too long and is now just trying to finish what he can. My fear at this point however is that the update is going to bomb and all this salt from the waiting and delaying is only going to be exacerbated by the poor quality of the update.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Yeah, I can't even think of a way to justify any of this. It's clear Koda procrastinated for too long and is now just trying to finish what he can. My fear at this point however is that the update is going to bomb and all this salt from the waiting and delaying is only going to be exacerbated by the poor quality of the update.
I could even live with this not being the greatest update, but 6f better be absolutely phenomenal considering the amount of time between it and 5f part 2.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
If this is how Koda thinks cakes are made, then I feel bad for anyone who's had to try anything he's baked before.

(Same announcement that was posted in the discord, but Koda adds that he'll explain what happened after the update drops)

Brakalt

Jul 30, 2018
If this is how Koda thinks cakes are made, then I feel bad for anyone who's had to try anything he's baked before.

(Same announcement that was posted in the discord, but Koda adds that he'll explain what happened after the update drops)
I get you guys are salty but i'd wait (coming soon I promise) until we hear what he has to say, I wouldn't be surprised if the delay was because of multi-choice path for Yvonne he has planned.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes