RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Endomorphian

Dec 12, 2017
Still far from the record...

Duke Nukem Forever currently holds a title in the for having the longest development period for a video game. The record currently stands at 14 years and 44 days starting from when the game was announced to when it was finally released.

Reactions: Edison Liu

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
I'm waiting for a lot of things to get released this year, from H games to anime to hentai to other games
and ToT is just one of them...it's not like it's the center of my attention but its release date was the closest and I was hyped for it, so I was hoping to explore the new update before other things get released, I'm still ''hoping'' for a release within 2 weeks, cuz past that it'll be June, not Spring anymore, so a Summer clean up update instead -_-

tgandhi151

Aug 11, 2018
View attachment 304342
So even the patreon guys are getting riled up.....hope this at least speed things up.
Edit: Also Bo said he doesn't care about patreon and money and that we can judge if his work of 6-7 months was worth the wait here on F95, so june is in the waiting game for 7F now guys.
"Bo said he doesn't care about patreon and money"
This can conclude lots of discussion. The dev proceeds IRRESPECTIVE OF patrons, except feedbacks for improving the(ir) game thank you. it's pointless to be serious about any pledges.
And the analogy of busking can be further developed. You tip for performance (?). No contractual relationship involved. They ain't pro so dun expect anything. Each one of you isn't even entitled to complain because your $2 or more are pathetic.
light-heartening to see how it evolves :)

Lusciooo

Jul 30, 2017
Their project is becoming more and more ambitious, their support is getting bigger and bigger, the game's community is growing and growing. I think Koda understands that it might be time to start acting professionally, maybe that's why he's been trying to give explanations for the delays, but you can't just stop explaining all of a sudden, that will make people think that you can't give an explanation because the explanation would be "I forgot about X / I didn't prepare Y / I procrastinated doing Z".
People go on and on about the increasing QUALITY of the game, you'd think that they'd also hold the devs to higher standards, but not that many seem to care.

True, but that would be a good thing. If Koda had to apologize for every delay then he would try harder to avoid them in the future, because he would realize how shallow those apologies would start sounding.
I really agree with most of these points. Koda and Bo keep talking about wanting to get better, but without some level of self discipline, goal definition, and time limits they're never going to put themselves in an environment to really learn more than the basics about design, product development, and programming.

This is in addition to the benefit regular updates, communication, and full releases could have on their business venture, which is what they are holding themselves out to be even if they don't necessarily consider it that themselves.

To give some background I have some level of experience with software development; although it was a business environment, and not a game, but a lot of the core needs are the same. I was a Product Owner for an Agile Team, and I held that role in addition to being a one man dev team attached to a core operational division.

For reference Agile is a system built around 2 week increments called sprints in which projects are broken up to smaller items that can be completed in that timeframe. This is instead of using the waterfall system that some may be familiar with where all the requirements for a project were set up before the creation of the code.

The major benefit of this system isn't even to the business. It's to the developers. Because they have such a small increment of time to take projects on they have accurately but quickly asses what is needed for a finished item, what is wanted, and what should not be in it. Then they can piecemeal out these projects, and work on them individually, moving from item to item however they need to.

Because they define in broad but simple terms what they need, what it is connected to, and the overall goal of their project their efficiency and takeaway knowledge increases.

Structured learning is almost always better than unstructured. And the only thing that can impose structure in this type of situation is a time limit. This is industry standard. It works. It isn't a matter of whether or not they should be considered pros, in my opinion, but of why they should aim to emulate successful practices that are easily found, implemented, and explained.

And I really wish Bo and Koda would hold themselves to a higher standard, not because I care about their game all that much (it's occasionally interesting, but not really my speed), but because they seem to be sincerely excited about their craft and have some level of talent for it. It's really a shame to see that enthusiasm be squandered by objectively poor practices.

LiarSpring

Aug 22, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm having issues running the game in fullscreen without black borders all around my game.
I've downloaded RPG maker VX ace RTP as required. I've tried f1 to launch game in fullscreen and/or alt+enter on both sides of the keyboard and still doesn't work. My game just fullscreens with black borders with no change in the size of the game. Also f5/f6, I assume you need a fullscreen script for that, but I do not have RPG maker XV ace to add or modify scripts.

I'm running windows 7
Are you fixed your problem ı have same issue.

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
Also BoWei said on Discord that he is more or less...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...percent done with the new floor. Oh boy.
well I don't think a release at the end of June for 7F is possible at this rate
many new H-games are getting a release between june 15 and 30
I hope koda's first update is before that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zepheral

badwulf51

Jul 4, 2018
50 percent done with the new update? Is this some kind of joke? The original planned release was early May which then go pushed back to late May because Bo needed "a little more time" now he's telling us it's only 50 percent done? What next? In late August he's going to say he's 25 percent done? Dude either has schizophrenia or his booze problem is causing some serious memory leaks. Hell I'm pretty sure the new update had another release scheduled before early May (late April?) Before all this and now it's only 50 percent done? I should of known when I saw those maps of the floor posted 2 weeks ago that they wernt drawn ages ago and only posted then. He probably only started working on this a little while ago.

Justsomeone99

Jun 11, 2018
Hey do you know the tricks that scarlett tells you to do? cause I'm trying to unlock her haloween content
and anyways......only 50%? for when was the original update? i mean i know that if they do good things in a lot of time it will be enough but i think not only the people on discord but everyone that plays the game is waiting a little too long for my opinion

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
50 percent done with the new update? Is this some kind of joke? The original planned release was early May which then go pushed back to late May because Bo needed "a little more time" now he's telling us it's only 50 percent done? What next? In late August he's going to say he's 25 percent done? Dude either has schizophrenia or his booze problem is causing some serious memory leaks. Hell I'm pretty sure the new update had another release scheduled before early May (late April?) Before all this and now it's only 50 percent done? I should of known when I saw those maps of the floor posted 2 weeks ago that they wernt drawn ages ago and only posted then. He probably only started working on this a little while ago.
Sorry sorry, I wanted to create some drama and gave you half the story.

While it is still a punch in the gut, he justified it saying that he went back and forward and a lot of things. Meaning he deleted as much as he added, and stuff like that. Plus he had an hard time creating some mechanic not originally supported by RPGM or something like that.

It's not the greatest excuse ever, but it also means that we're not actually just half the way there time wise... I hope. That also confirms that more organization before each floor is mandatory at this point, and while this is sad news, at least I get to say "I told you so".

On other news, Bo also said that once he's done with 7F (assuming we live long enough to see that) and Koda starts working on his own floor, he's considering doing a bonus floor, maybe underground, with some "unique" content he can release rapidly. Kind of like 1-shot comics I guess.

He even mentioned weekly releases, but if that really happens it means that we'll probably wake up shortly afterwards.

EDIT: Koda said that Bo was probably trolling and said he'll ask him again about the progress once he feels Bo isn't in a "trolly mood". Damage control or truth?! I'll keep you informed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gigalomaniac
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes