RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

NanasBananas

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
Would just like to say that as a paying patron, I'm still perfectly happy with my pledge and currently plan to keep supporting Bo and Koda for as long as they keep working on content I like. Honestly, al this talk of delays and release dates isn't what matters most to me. I'm here for the long run, and what I truly care about is how good the game we get will be when all is said and done. The creators' ability to handle PR, their amount of fumbling with predictions and delays, that's kinda secondary. I'm not saying that no mistakes were made, or that missed dates aren't disappointing, but it's just not the bottom line for me. In the end, I'd rather the release date suffer than the release itself. And as for judging their productivity, I plan to do that on a larger scale, meaning I'll see how much game there is and how good it is and consider how long it took to make it when everything they're working on is out.

Now just to elaborate on the restaurant analogy a bit, to me it falls short because this isn't the same kind of product. I'm not waiting for a delicious meal prepared in a timely manner to sate my immediate hunger. What I'm looking forward to is something a little more long lasting that hopefully I'll be able to enjoy repeatedly.

To keep analogies within the food industry, it's more like I'm not waiting for someone to make me a burger, but rather for someone to build me a burger making machine that I can take home and enjoy its unique burgers as much as I want. But of course, I have to remember that this is a specialized order from an amateur visionary, and that A, the blueprints for such a machine don't currently exist, and B, I'm counting on the machine to not just make any old burger, but rather the best burger the Chef-Engineers constructing the contraption can concoct.

So sure, sometimes the Chef-Engineers don't anticipate how long it'll take, sometimes their plans change midway, sometimes they seem disorganized and figuring things out as they go along, but that's kinda what I signed up for, and as long as I still believe in their vision and the burgers their machines ultimately make are delicious and filling enough, I'm all too happy to pay them while they work on it.

Mmm, I think I'm gonna go make myself something to eat now...

D

Deleted member 1267764

Hehe, kinda funny read this. In restaurants waiters know avg time, because they know how kitchen working. No, it's about how devs take their customers seriously. Every cent - is result of work. It doesn't matter what the job is, but it's a time and energy, and then you paid them for game, where dev say: 1 month - 1 update. And there you need to be serious - business is business. You can have 1 delay, it's ok, but you need a reason, you can have second delay, it's no ok, but you need to apologize for this and after success work never repeat this fault.

But what we have? You know exactly. At first we was in vacuum of patch release date (end of the 2nd month without patch) and in winter Koda suddenly try to smooth over the situation and start a countdown timer...with 3 delays. What we have again? Yea, yea. They breaking their rules, and this starts from Koda joining. No blame, but this is true. This isn't serious how they treat us.

Also,talking about quality? Pf, my gf (the attached picture) using femdom tools, and it's cool. We have femdom game, where a lot of femdom - is footworship. This isn't bad, but it's stagnation. They try something new in Khoolan patch and fail, but try old strategy in Cobra patch with a ltlle bit change - it's work again. They in a creative dead end and afraid to add more new and non-typical stuff (but cobra 2d update was sssoooo good). And nowthey starting old trick in a new wrapper with delays.

And about 1$ for patron:dude, why u don't walk in the street and give free 1$ to random man? It's only 1$. Yep! Because this dollar - result of work.

I really enjoy this game, but frivolous attitude for players is making this results. I hope they will improve responsibility skill and we will have once of the best games in this category.
I keep reading your posts in a strong russian gangster accent

Blood Parade

Dusk of Mankind
Donor
Jun 17, 2018
You think there would be MORE updates without half the development team? And do you think the writing would be any good?
If you want reference on what the writing would probably be like, I'd suggest looking into Bo's past games, like Being Stepped on Again, or MixFight, both of which should be in his older Patreon posts. While I can't speak for their quality, mostly since it's been too long since I tried them, on top of it still not quite being my thing, Koda does feel like pretty significant help, especially since AFAIK the expansions are primarily his. If we had an alternate world where this is being done without Koda, the difference would definitely be noticeable.

edoitachi

Jul 24, 2018
SO the update must be today 15th may. Still nothing?????
White knights of Koda where are ya?Protect your master!

skyreacher

Jan 23, 2018
SO the update must be today 15th may. Still nothing?????
White knights of Koda where are ya?Protect your master!
*Coppy paste from discord*
Koda: Last Sunday at 9:45 PM
Aaahhhhh~ I need more time. Not sure how much. Will keep everyone posted.
____
no date announced >.> at least none on discord stop being lazy and do a lil search before ragging :LOL::p *btw today is the 16* o.o

Reactions: Billerboob

DDoku

Jun 20, 2018
Alright, Alright, Alright! Finished the walkthrough for 6f. It was quite a challenge, but for those of you who were looking for a guide to pick up those last few elusive Karen scenes, @zazzaro has worked his ass off to provide yet again.

As usual, let us know if something doesn't seem right or we missed something or you have an alternate strategy, and we will update the walkthrough.

Merry Christmas or Happy holidays (whichever you prefer) everyone!
What happened to this walkthrough?

loiderving

Jul 18, 2018
W8... So no update for the 15/16th? Any idea on next update date? (I know that asking this question is a bad idea but hell... why not.)

tgandhi151

Aug 11, 2018
ok so better accept norms that indie game development's release deadlines are always soft deadlines and you're just giving/tipping little $1-$2 among the pools of supporters so better put up with the constant delays and responses like "Aaahhhhh~ I need more time. Not sure how much" as they ain't legally required to deliver on time and it's just a problem in communication. it's just you who are problematic for taking this norms as personal insult

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
ok so better accept norms that indie game development's release deadlines are always soft deadlines and you're just giving/tipping little $1-$2 among the pools of supporters so better put up with the constant delays and responses like "Aaahhhhh~ I need more time. Not sure how much" as they ain't legally required to deliver on time and it's just a problem in communication. it's just you who are problematic for taking this norms as personal insult
This would apply if there were 2 or less delays per update, they weren't a last minute thing, the devs explained why they happened in a clear and transparent manner, and then apologized for them.
If everyone was so ready to accept irresponsibility and a severe lack of professionalism from the devs, then this type of behaviour would become the norm... Oh, wait...

Last edited:

Artilaz

Oct 1, 2017
you say lack of professionalism but for all intents and purposes these type of game devs (even of great games like ToT) are not pro's but amateurs

and i get that an apology / owning up to your constant delays would be appreciated but i kinda get that at this point they'd be less inclined to do so seeing as it would get tiresome if every update has delays :ROFLMAO:

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
you say lack of professionalism but for all intents and purposes these type of game devs (even of great games like ToT) are not pro's but amateurs
Their project is becoming more and more ambitious, their support is getting bigger and bigger, the game's community is growing and growing. I think Koda understands that it might be time to start acting professionally, maybe that's why he's been trying to give explanations for the delays, but you can't just stop explaining all of a sudden, that will make people think that you can't give an explanation because the explanation would be "I forgot about X / I didn't prepare Y / I procrastinated doing Z".
People go on and on about the increasing QUALITY of the game, you'd think that they'd also hold the devs to higher standards, but not that many seem to care.
and i get that an apology / owning up to your constant delays would be appreciated but i kinda get that at this point they'd be less inclined to do so seeing as it would get tiresome if every update has delays :ROFLMAO:
True, but that would be a good thing. If Koda had to apologize for every delay then he would try harder to avoid them in the future, because he would realize how shallow those apologies would start sounding.

Last edited:

Zepheral

Dec 2, 2017
*Coppy paste from discord*
Koda: Last Sunday at 9:45 PM
Aaahhhhh~ I need more time. Not sure how much. Will keep everyone posted.
____
no date announced >.> at least none on discord stop being lazy and do a lil search before ragging :LOL::p *btw today is the 16* o.o
How dare he beat off to his masterpiece before any of us!!!! I want to see my Mrs.Claus pron!!!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
updatesituation.png
So even the patreon guys are getting riled up.....hope this at least speed things up.
Edit: Also Bo said he doesn't care about patreon and money and that we can judge if his work of 6-7 months was worth the wait here on F95, so june is in the waiting game for 7F now guys.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Gigalomaniac
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes