RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
There has been a progress report. Lots of good info on the discord. Please stop making fun of Koda.
*Dies of laughter*

Here, let me write up my progress report:
Ended world hunger
fucked a supermodel
climbed Everest
Had a nice pleasant conversation with my grandmother

Real good work done, lots of good info. Just gonna have to delay each of these things till next week. Then maaaaybe ill do 0.000001 of the work to actually get all this stuff done. Maybe.

FerousMetal

Apr 9, 2018
*Dies of laughter*

Here, let me write up my progress report:
Ended world hunger
fucked a supermodel
climbed Everest
Had a nice pleasant conversation with my grandmother

Real good work done, lots of good info. Just gonna have to delay each of these things till next week. Then maaaaybe ill do 0.000001 of the work to actually get all this stuff done. Maybe.
Read the post I just made with the report please.

badwulf51

Jul 4, 2018
This is the progress report. Excuse the formatting as I am on mobile and tried to put it together.

"ok there's 3 main girls and 5 mini-characters. 2 of the mini-characters are guys so ignore them. a lot of the time spent has been making a bunch of dialogue for everyone that happens when you talk to them under certain conditions. this behaves similarly to the thing I was talking about for ToT combat although its not in combat. creating the means of selecting and cycling the dialogues (and handling temporary, looping small-scope RNG in general) was some time spent and thankfully something I can port back to Cobra. Bo created a cute new... "mechanic" lets call it. so I'm spending time fleshing that out, which is fortunately easy because it basically boiled down to a few more variations of it. I also added the mechanic to one of the other girls since I thought it fit. The original game was basically broke. everything was hard coded in a really clunky manner. so I had to basically rebuild Maggie and Ada from scratch, so that took time. everyone underestimates how long design takes. "

Please stop taking the piss out of Koda. He has been working hard, he gave the progress report.
Wat.

The fuck are Maggie and Ada?

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
This is the progress report. Excuse the formatting as I am on mobile and tried to put it together.

"ok there's 3 main girls and 5 mini-characters. 2 of the mini-characters are guys so ignore them. a lot of the time spent has been making a bunch of dialogue for everyone that happens when you talk to them under certain conditions. this behaves similarly to the thing I was talking about for ToT combat although its not in combat. creating the means of selecting and cycling the dialogues (and handling temporary, looping small-scope RNG in general) was some time spent and thankfully something I can port back to Cobra. Bo created a cute new... "mechanic" lets call it. so I'm spending time fleshing that out, which is fortunately easy because it basically boiled down to a few more variations of it. I also added the mechanic to one of the other girls since I thought it fit. The original game was basically broke. everything was hard coded in a really clunky manner. so I had to basically rebuild Maggie and Ada from scratch, so that took time. everyone underestimates how long design takes. "

Please stop taking the piss out of Koda. He has been working hard, he gave the progress report.
I am glad we will see those characters, and all of that sounds awesome but I am not getting hyped until I see it posted.

FerousMetal

Apr 9, 2018
If it's rehashed content from Bo's previous games (like Lily's CGs were despite Koda saying he loved those lmao), then Imma be disappointed :mad:
Did Koda actually say "everyone underestimates how long design takes"? You really can't make this shit up :ROFLMAO:
He gave a status update. It was a really good step. Making fun of the update won't make him want to keep giving more updates in the future. Give him some slack.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
He gave a status update. It was a really good step. Making fun of the update won't make him want to keep giving more updates in the future. Give him some slack.
You realize why he gave the status update, right? It's a consolation prize for the poor people who thought we were getting the update today. The side project has probably been in the making for some time, halting ToT's progress, and the only time we get info on it is when it's supposed to drop but it gets delayed.
I'll go ahead and call that an oportunistic progress report, not meant to inform their playerbase, just meant to pacify them. We'll probably get another one with some pics this time on thursday when it's delayed once more, I'm calling it.

Also saying "everyone underestimates how long design takes", when what's missing from Koda's update is just the implementation, and we don't even know if that's coming out this month. It's funny, in a sad kinda way.

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
If it's rehashed content from Bo's previous games (like Lily's CGs were despite Koda saying he loved those lmao), then Imma be disappointed :mad:
Did Koda actually say "everyone underestimates how long design takes"? You really can't make this shit up :ROFLMAO:
I don't think it is (like a remake) because the number of other characters doesn't add up, and I will be interested in playing when it get's released, which is probably when I get my degree in September (the last time there was an update I had 9 exams left now I have 3)

Reactions: GearlessJoe

FerousMetal

Apr 9, 2018
Why can't you just be happy that they are communicating what's going on and that it will be released soon when it's finished? It's not like they are ghosting us.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Why can't you just be happy that they are communicating what's going on and that it will be released soon when it's finished? It's not like they are ghosting us.
It's not the first time they do this. If I remember correctly the map for Floor 7 was released at the same time a delay for that update was announced. If the only time they can give us progress reports is when they fuck up as a way to change the topic of the conversation, then those progress reports just suck.

Still, thanks for coming here to tell us. You're cool (y) Koda's not :mad:

EchoofZen

Sep 14, 2018
Not really? A good step would be releasing something substantial. Also, if he stops with the updates then what exactly is he gonna give?
Because, and hear me out on this, people expect them to actually deliver something after consistently dropping the ball. "I am totes working on it" doesn't cut it anymore, especially since it was followed with more of the same 'Uh, the update might be delayed... Sorrynotsorry, kthxbye."

People would stop taking the piss out of the developers if said developers managed to handle the deadlines with even a semblance of consistency. Shocking, I know.

To be honest even though I'm kinda lurking on this thread, I have no expectations. All I hope is to see the Lily update sometime in the summer.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes