RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

doctor_light

Jan 3, 2019
I've been checking this thread regularly and even I'm confused about what in the hello fresh is going on with ToT, Bo, Koda, et al. Is there a Sparknotes version anywhere so I can catch up?

Reactions: Awesoooome

The Big Boss

Jul 8, 2018
I've been checking this thread regularly and even I'm confused about what in the hello fresh is going on with ToT, Bo, Koda, et al. Is there a Sparknotes version anywhere so I can catch up?
Spark notes: In the first 6 months of 2019 we have gotten a small 5 minute demo of a small cobra update.

It’s probably the worlds most expensive demo coming in at a solid $12,000 of Patreon money.

Floor 7 is in Limbo, Koda is jerking off in a corner somewhere, and there is supposedly a “side project” that is sounding like a rehashed piece of shit to stall the pitchfork parade coming for them.

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
I think there's a troll giving fake discord updates. It's impossible to tell what's real and what's BS because of them. The only thing we know is the update isn't out yet.

Reactions: doctor_light

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Why can't you just be happy that they are communicating what's going on and that it will be released soon when it's finished? It's not like they are ghosting us.
Dude, he didn't even post it in announcements and this isn't even the bare minimum after all his little oopsies for months, but you want us to applaud him?

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
He gave a status update. It was a really good step. Making fun of the update won't make him want to keep giving more updates in the future. Give him some slack.
Neither is treating him like he's actually doing a good job going to make him want to improve.

Pic

May 13, 2017
This is the progress report. Excuse the formatting as I am on mobile and tried to put it together.

"ok there's 3 main girls and 5 mini-characters. 2 of the mini-characters are guys so ignore them. a lot of the time spent has been making a bunch of dialogue for everyone that happens when you talk to them under certain conditions. this behaves similarly to the thing I was talking about for ToT combat although its not in combat. creating the means of selecting and cycling the dialogues (and handling temporary, looping small-scope RNG in general) was some time spent and thankfully something I can port back to Cobra. Bo created a cute new... "mechanic" lets call it. so I'm spending time fleshing that out, which is fortunately easy because it basically boiled down to a few more variations of it. I also added the mechanic to one of the other girls since I thought it fit. The original game was basically broke. everything was hard coded in a really clunky manner. so I had to basically rebuild Maggie and Ada from scratch, so that took time. everyone underestimates how long design takes. "

Please stop taking the piss out of Koda. He has been working hard, he gave the progress report.
According to this description it seems to be a remake of the old Bo game setted in a inn/bar, infact there were a couple of NPCs and 2 Villainess, i think that they add another girl and sub-girls in order to test some new features before implementing them in ToT.
Assuming that this info was true i really like the comeback of Ada and wondering who will be the new boss.

Futa_Buddy

Nov 24, 2018
Looking at their Patreon it looks like they are still making over 2 grand a month, with nothing to show for it... stop giving these devs money lol

If you stop giving them money things will change; either they will release something again or they will shut down development, either one is an improvement...

Pipo12334

Dec 29, 2018
This is the progress report. Excuse the formatting as I am on mobile and tried to put it together.

"ok there's 3 main girls and 5 mini-characters. 2 of the mini-characters are guys so ignore them. a lot of the time spent has been making a bunch of dialogue for everyone that happens when you talk to them under certain conditions. this behaves similarly to the thing I was talking about for ToT combat although its not in combat. creating the means of selecting and cycling the dialogues (and handling temporary, looping small-scope RNG in general) was some time spent and thankfully something I can port back to Cobra. Bo created a cute new... "mechanic" lets call it. so I'm spending time fleshing that out, which is fortunately easy because it basically boiled down to a few more variations of it. I also added the mechanic to one of the other girls since I thought it fit. The original game was basically broke. everything was hard coded in a really clunky manner. so I had to basically rebuild Maggie and Ada from scratch, so that took time. everyone underestimates how long design takes. "

Please stop taking the piss out of Koda. He has been working hard, he gave the progress report.
Where did u get this report from?

kernane

Jun 26, 2018
He gave a status update. It was a really good step. Making fun of the update won't make him want to keep giving more updates in the future. Give him some slack.
He was supposed to give the extra content monday, then tuesday, now we have it for thursday BUT we have an update. If we have nothing Thursday BUT got an update/delay how are we supposed to be happy ? We just want him to deliver what he is promising, not giving us "update/progressing report" then tell "oh delay lmao my bad"

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018

Well I bear no animosity towards Koda, especially not being a patreon I think he could take indefinite hiatuses and have a demo per decade and I still wouldn't have a right to be upset. The reason I make fun of Koda is because at this point him delaying stuff has become a meme. And he's not trying in the slightest to change that reputation. Out of nowhere he announced a side project nobody expected and he already delayed it 2 times in the same week. Since this wasn't something people were looking forward to, and after everything that has happened, why would you announce it before you were done?

He really gives the impression of somebody who keeps procrastinating, underestimates how long design would take, doesn't want to admit he procrastinated and instead says he did a bunch of stuff, announces a date for when he thinks he'll be done and when that day comes he finds out he hasn't even done what he already announced. The spring cleaning update is the most prime example of that, but it's far from the only one.

So do I believe he's been working hard? I believe he's working hard now, since people tend to work on overdrive once they stop procrastinating, but if you tell me he's been working hard this entire time then I'd probably need to see the entire spring cleaning for all the characters he originally announced along with that side project really soon before I even start entertaining this idea.

Arctif

May 5, 2018
Out of nowhere he announced a side project nobody expected and he already delayed it 2 times in the same week. Since this wasn't something people were looking forward to, and after everything that has happened, why would you announce it before you were done?
Tbf it wasn't really a big official announcement, he just chats to people on the Discord about what he is doing and it leaks to here.

By the sounds of it, it came as a bit of a surprise to Koda, as Bo dropped it as something he'd being doing as a break from creating 7F, and Koda is now tweaking it out and cleaning it up.

So when will it get released? :D
Devil question. Please re-consider. :sick:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gigalomaniac
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes