RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
F'reals, tho... if Bo can ( and we know he can) create an entirely new floor complete with a new girl having a distinct fighting system in a month... and it looks like the floor he's working on is going to grow exponentially, there's 3 options: cut the floor short and use your ideas in the future, take a month off and generate a new floor from your fans' suggestions (which aren't lacking) or say "fuck 'em... I do what I want" and count on your lazy co-dev to produce.
I don't know either of their situations but unless you just plain lose interest and drop out with no notice, you ought to be invested in sharing your work with your audience, especially if you're a fetish producer. It's not like once they're done they'll be able to release the completed product for retail and then sit back and live off of residuals. Anyone who doesn't think it's stupid is going to get what they can while the getting's good. We're hunters.
It's going to be a grind and if the goal is to make a living doing what you love in a niche marketplace. All the income will result from projects in progress. Fetish enthusiasts will work hard to find pirating places like this when their interest is aroused... and with the social isolation involved, there's plenty of people more than willing to share what they've found or paid for just for positive feedback that doesn't make them feel like a secluded pervert.

As a former (and potentially future) fetish content producer, I networked. I gave away free shit, even to "rival" creators. I did it to grow interest, to remain linked into the overarching community and to tease my product. Bo (and Koda, if he's actually into this) are never going to be commercial big-name creators, unless they sell out, like James Cameron (he's one of us, BTW; he loves strong, sexy, powerful female leads but tries to hide it through ideological plot points... you can't fool me, Mr. Avatar director!) Unlike James Cameron, I'd find a mainstream job too boring AF so it was always a side-thing. Between 2004-2009 ( with a lot of amateur networking to start from) I grew my base by 1000% (almost a living wage for what was basically a hobby) (actually, about 2000% considering that my webhosting partner got 50%) and it wasn't slowing when I finally burned myself out I expect it'd take at least as long to re-establish myself. Thankfully, my day-job is still lucrative and fulfilling.

W/E, the point is that in a non-mainstream industry, you're only as relevant as you make yourself. It takes a significant effort to establish yourself amongst a fanbase which could easily consist primarily of people going through an exploratory phase. The clout you lose with inactivity is almost as exponential as the growth you gain with reliable productivity.

To me, Koda seems indefensibly lazy. Bo might want to get a new partner or take shit back into his own hands if he isn't burned out... or just depart from the scene completely if he is. Seems really fucking weird that from the discord leaks, Bo doesn't seem to have direct comms from the guy he relies on to keep the product relevant while he expands his skillset and follows his muse.

TLDR version: My entire life story can be summed up as me being an entitled F95 douchebag.

Last edited:

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
It seems those who attempt to be positive here have a tendency to be gang-tackled. It's just people polarising themselves, to my mind. Two main "places" connected to the game with two opposite subcultures, each thinks the other is the problem.

I haven't been in the Discord long, but I don't doubt any bad experiences people here have had. It's just that I'd venture that either side is as bad as the other.

Difference to me is that the Discord is mostly chill & chat, with Bo/Koda dropping in now and then. This thread just feels like big baby circular discussion. Oh, we'll back it up with "we only complain because we love the game and want it to succeed" but at the end of the day screaming into the void here and repeating all the same points ad nauseam doesn't change anything; neither Bo nor Koda seem to bother with the place anymore.

We got a few decent pages of posts when you (kindly) translated Succubus Dreamer (thank you!) but it's floating back into standard procedure again now.

There has been a discussion today including people who are disappointed with the delays (specifically the missed Thurs deadline). You can believe that if you want, but imo you're just keeping part of the "Discord bad, F95 good" mindset rolling.
There is some truth in your criticism, for sure. I also can't speak for the discord recently. I left almost a year ago, and I'm sure some things have changed.

I will say though that we don't have the same freedom to discuss things here. Off topic posts are usually pounced on by mods. That means, we have to discuss the game. That also means that when nothing new is happening, the only thing to really talk about is delays. Hence the bitching.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Koda also is somewhat thin skinned. I think that more than anything is what keeps him away. He doesn't handle criticism particularly well, and there is evidence to prove it if you care to dig.

Bo is less sensitive, but he was never really on here much anyway.

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
What? I didn't delete anything. Boss was it you again? Damnit boss, stop making me look bad in front of the Discord cool kids.

Also I literally said it again and again like 3-4 times now, one of which yesterday. So much for hiding.

"I feel like you have to be really... special to be banned on f95"
LMAO I love how the think zazz is some evil mastermind, he's the "he who must not be named" of ToT's discord :ROFLMAO: He just got banned for posting memes, guys. Geez.
Now I'm just super curious what you told them before leaving, CAPTCHAsolver You have to come clean.
Besides drama is the only thing we can talk about anymore with the complete absence of news/updates.

Discord if you're reading this, know that someone who actually wanted to harm your devs wouldn't just be creating some dumb drama and criticizing them. If anyone here actually wanted to fuck the devs over they'd be finding every instance of Bo's plagiarism (because there's no way it was a one-time thing), then they'd try to get in touch with the people whose art was traced and notify them, chances are at least one cares enough about protecting their artistic property to do something about it.
But no one's making a fuss about it because despite how much we may complain, we still want to see the game being finished. You're welcome ;)
Get brainwashed you poor fool!

Seriously though what I did say to them was just what I said here: that the devs have no communication skills, no work ethic and that they have no interest in improving themselves. I told them that they are part of the issue since not only discussion there on the matter is taboo with the exception of a meme called "delay-chan", but the last delay I experienced there was met with an unironical "good job Koda, keep up the good work". Yeah, I'm not making this up.

Anyway I tried my best to be as mild as possible, but their reply was less on the argument and more about the fact that they expected me to be a bigger part of their community, and some insults. To be fair I did receive a warm welcome there at first, and some of their people seemed cool, but discussion there is borderline impossible. I wasn't the only one that tried during my time there either.

I did manage to discuss with a single person before leaving though, probably trying to play good cop bad cop. I remember him asking me "Don't you think the developers deserve our trust at this point?". We were like 5 delays in. Again: I couldn't make this up if I wanted to.

Finally somebody told me that the mods removed my discussion afterwards, but to be fair I didn't check so I can't be sure. Regardless I got people talking, and that's what matters.

There has been a discussion today including people who are disappointed with the delays (specifically the missed Thurs deadline). You can believe that if you want, but imo you're just keeping part of the "Discord bad, F95 good" mindset rolling.
Read my reply to GearlessJoe above. I'm not talking just to dickride this forum, I have reasons to say what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Artilaz

Oct 1, 2017
so just checking in but no news worth noting about any of the 3 things (floor "spring" cleaning or the side project) i'm guessing?

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Here is the thing why Koda and Bo are acting so nonchalantly about the whole ordeal, even cracking jokes.

It's because they simply can... they have yet to suffer any real consequences for their delays. I dunno if you guys are familiar with Lewdlabs the guy that made Dream of Desires and is currently making Midnight Paradise. He has suffered a lot of financial loss in the recent year or so because of some of the decisions and lackluster releases he has had

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This has cost him to lose one of his partners, to have a lot of mental health problems and to basically panic to the point of scrapping his Unity engine he was using and going back to R'enpy.
Now i am not saying all this to bash on the guy but to give you an example. He made some bad decisions which resulted in him bleeding patrons like crazy. Now compare this to Bo and Koda

They are doing just fine, they have mostly stagnated and are losing a tiny bit of patrons each month but are still doing way better than they were a year ago, so there is no panic in them, no change, on top of that they get white knighted on discord 90% of the time, so they can drag this game and their patrons by the nose as long as they want and trust me they will. Since they have no reason to change anything, it's been working perfectly fine for them and once we do get that 7f release which is probably by the end of the Summer or something i guarantee you they will just GAIN more patrons and then another year or so before the next floor and so on so forth.

TL;DR As long as their wallets don't suffer, they have no incentive to change their current behavior and method of doing things.

Last edited:

Gigalomaniac

May 22, 2017
Here is the thing why Koda and Bo are acting so nonchalantly about the whole ordeal, even cracking jokes.

It's because they simply can... they have yet to suffer any real consequences for their delays. I dunno if you guys are familiar with Lewdlabs the guy that made Dream of Desires and is currently making Midnight Paradise. He has suffered a lot of financial loss in the recent year or so because of some of the decisions and lackluster releases he has had

This has cost him to lose one of his partners, to have a lot of mental health problems and to basically panic to the point of scrapping his Unity engine he was using and going back to R'enpy.
Now i am not saying all this to bash on the guy but to give you an example. He made some bad decisions which resulted in him bleeding patrons like crazy. Now compare this to Bo and Koda

They are doing just fine, they have mostly stagnated and are losing a tiny bit of patrons each month but are still doing way better than they were a year ago, so there is no panic in them, no change, on top of that they get white knighted on discord 90% of the time, so they can drag this game and their patrons by the nose as long as they want and trust me they will. Since they have no reason to change anything, it's been working perfectly fine for them and once we do get that 7f release which is probably by the end of the Summer or something i guarantee you they will just GAIN more patrons and then another year or so before the next floor and so on so forth.

TL;DR As long as their wallets don't suffer, they have no incentive to change their current behavior and method of doing things.
Yeah maybe you are right, but the problem is that they have said several times already that they don’t care about money (and it will be difficult to verify).

Reactions: No_TIme

bootsfetish59

Jul 12, 2018

Thank you for your analysis. I stopped the patreon for Bo and Koda. However the game is very good and I like what Koda's achieved. Even on this forum, there is a buzz ( 450 pages... ;)). Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeroZee

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah maybe you are right, but the problem is that they have said several times already that they don’t care about money (and it will be difficult to verify).
Anyone in life that tells you they don't care about money, is lying.

They are not doing charity work here, they are not doing this for free, they do this to make money and that is perfectly fine and acceptable and they shouldn't bullshit people otherwise.

bootsfetish59

Jul 12, 2018
Just for info, Koda has his own patreon (only 24 people on it). I don't think Bo gives money to Koda. I'm not trying to defend him for the delays ;).

Gigalomaniac

May 22, 2017
Anyone in life that tells you they don't care about money, is lying.

View attachment 333825

They are not doing charity work here, they are not doing this for free, they do this to make money and that is perfectly fine and acceptable and they shouldn't bullshit people otherwise.
I mean, their reasoning was that ToT is like a passion project or something and if the necessity arrives then they can go back to previous jobs at programming or w/e.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I mean, their reasoning was that ToT is like a passion project or something and if the necessity arrives then they can go back to previous jobs at programming or w/e.
I am sure it is and i am sure they would, but hardly any job pays you 2000+ dollars a month where you don't need to show any results on it for several months on end. On "real life jobs" you actually have to put out work day after day each month.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I finished the translation of Alice (lily prototype game). It's a little inconsistent in parts because of the previous translation, but I didn't want to completely rewrite the work that person did. Same deal as before. Copy the data folder from the translation (or just the files inside) to your game directory (or inside the data directory if you just copied the files). Click yes to all when it asks to overwrite. Enjoy!

Game download is
Translation is

Sorry mods if this is off topic. I really don't know where else to put this as there isn't a topic for the game yet. If you need me to move it elsewhere, I will...

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes