RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
Turns out the timed choice thing was actually a lot easier than I thought. Had to do some fixing to make these icons and colour codes work with the text but it wasn't anything to write home about. It turned out to be pretty easy to make a timed choice possible from a handful of easy script lines so hopefully this gets some use.
1579479933518.png
I asked for something more challenging, and now I've been tasked with attempting the planned 8F combat mechanic. I asked, Koda delivered lmfao. I can't share details obviously, but it's some really funky stuff that will make for some very difficult and very engaging fights with the 8F chick. Not entirely sure if I'll be able to accomplish it, but we'll see. Haven't ever worked with the combat system in RPG Maker, so it'll be a learning experience either way (y)

akuuuu4

Aug 5, 2018
Turns out the timed choice thing was actually a lot easier than I thought. Had to do some fixing to make these icons and colour codes work with the text but it wasn't anything to write home about. It turned out to be pretty easy to make a timed choice possible from a handful of easy script lines so hopefully this gets some use.
View attachment 522670
I asked for something more challenging, and now I've been tasked with attempting the planned 8F combat mechanic. I asked, Koda delivered lmfao. I can't share details obviously, but it's some really funky stuff that will make for some very difficult and very engaging fights with the 8F chick. Not entirely sure if I'll be able to accomplish it, but we'll see. Haven't ever worked with the combat system in RPG Maker, so it'll be a learning experience either way (y)
gl to you

ahmad809

Feb 10, 2018
View attachment 522670
Which mistress ???

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
8F is like 10 projects behind at this point. Why the fuck would he tell you to start working on it now?!
Because there's nothing else I can help with. I'm not interested in helping with the writing or converting dialogue into RPG Maker form when I'm a professional programmer. By me doing the combat mechanics, when they do get up to 8F (insert joke about how long that will take) at least they'll just be focusing on the scenes and art. What else am I going to work on?

Ammaccabanane

Jan 16, 2020
Because there's nothing else I can help with. I'm not interested in helping with the writing or converting dialogue into RPG Maker form when I'm a professional programmer. By me doing the combat mechanics, when they do get up to 8F (insert joke about how long that will take) at least they'll just be focusing on the scenes and art. What else am I going to work on?
Honestly I wouldn't have you do anything. With how far 8F is, it seems like a waste of your time to me.

Besides I belive having even more things to think about will just mess with the development further, and it's not like it has been great up until now.

ghdwlr1998

May 16, 2018
View attachment 522670
you are my only hope...

Reactions: khesanh

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
Honestly I wouldn't have you do anything. With how far 8F is, it seems like a waste of your time to me.

Besides I belive having even more things to think about will just mess with the development further, and it's not like it has been great up until now.
Eh, they have a fair bit of draft material for 8F already so they've definitely already done quite a bit of thinking on it. Koda's actually made an attempt at some of the details of the 8F mechanic which he shot over to me, but all of this was literally years ago. He was oof'ing at his own delays after he dug all this up to show me.

And as to doing nothing, while it's not a terrible argument, it neglects that I have more than one motivation for helping. One is to cut little bites out of the delays, as much as it may be pissing in the ocean. But the other is that I want to learn Ruby, and to a lesser extent, the mechanics of RPG Maker. It's a really good method for learning languages. So even if Koda and Bo were struck down by ligma and none of my stuff was to get added, then I'd still have learned how to do a bunch of complex things in a language I otherwise would never have had the push to learn, so it's not a waste of time to me :)

besaid

Aug 19, 2019
Its cool that they are letting more people get involved but simultaneously infuriating that they started working on 8f when they have already got so many projects on the go. Thanks for the update mate, gl with the project

Waxer2Red

Dec 30, 2019
Congrats guys, it has now been 3 months since the last addition to Tower of Trample! Who would'a thought we'd make it?

Remember when Swan was meant to come once a month?

Remember when- kodas.PNG

besaid

Aug 19, 2019
There was a point where Koda was saying they were going to do an update every month October to January. I'm tempted to subscribe just to have a go at him lol

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes