RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Awesoooome

Feb 12, 2018
On what basis are they supposed to sue exactly? The only thing they promise for the only reward they offer on their patreon is that they give you access to the game. No other items or even release schedules. They aren't breaking any promise or contract that is directly tied to the money you give them. The only way they could potentially get in trouble(and the extent of that trouble being removed from the site but still wouldn't be liable to getting sued) is if they had rewards promised in their patron tiers that they consistently fail to deliver on. At this point if you're giving them money while being unhappy with what you're getting it's completely on you.
They may be incompetent/scumbags about it but there are 0 even remotely actionable legal issues with it. Not to mention what an exercise in futility and complete waste of time it is to do small(what is going to be your lawsuit? "I want my $20 back"?) individual lawsuits vs people from another country wherever bo wei/koda are located
I kinda figured this MIGHT be why they haven't been sued, but I was really hoping it wasn't because imo there honestly needs to be some kind of punishment for this behavior.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
I kinda figured this MIGHT be why they haven't been sued, but I was really hoping it wasn't because imo there honestly needs to be some kind of punishment for this behavior.
If someone wanted them to get in trouble they hypothethically could try getting in touch with as many artists whose art has been traced/stolen by Bo as they could, informing them of this fact and see if they're willing to do something about it. Beats having to hire a lawyer.
I even generously interpreted "first few days of February" as being withing the first four days of Feb. in my delay record keeping post, but he still manages to be one step ahead of me every single time.

Impatient666

Jul 17, 2017
When it was supposed to release at the end of Jan he knew that most of us expected the usual Monday morning update. He decided to subvert our expectations.
He thinks it's 5th so it won't be 5th. Maybe next Monday morning or indefinitely next week...

I don't understand how it's possible that he's still making the same mistakes when estimating the time he needs. After all these delays, he can't be taken seriously and we can't believe that it's done unintentionally.

Let's be crazy and believe it is done unintentionally. Maybe he needs help in planning the project in time, there are simple tools for that. If he doesn't use them, he could start to do so. At least, it would be a lot easier to find out where his problems are. An easy Gantt chart might be enough.

green_ocean

Aug 3, 2017
When it was supposed to release at the end of Jan he knew that most of us expected the usual Monday morning update. He decided to subvert our expectations.
He thinks it's 5th so it won't be 5th. Maybe next Monday morning or indefinitely next week...

I don't understand how it's possible that he's still making the same mistakes when estimating the time he needs. After all these delays, he can't be taken seriously and we can't believe that it's done unintentionally.

Let's be crazy and believe it is done unintentionally. Maybe he needs help in planning the project in time, there are simple tools for that. If he doesn't use them, he could start to do so. At least, it would be a lot easier to find out where his problems are. An easy Gantt chart might be enough.
There are no "mistakes", he is intentionally doing it. The main problem is the patrons who like to be leeched.

Reactions: B2B2 and pron292

papey

Sep 7, 2017
it's infuriating to watch him give zero fucks just casually dropping a "oh maybe end of january nope i think i said it was 1 february nope maybe fifth"

it's like the others are to blame for asking where their eternally delayed updates are

Impatient666

Jul 17, 2017
Patrons should expect at least a little bit of professionalism when they're paying them around 2000$ monthly for this project.
That's why I proposed they make a simple Gantt chart to keep them informed where the project stands at the moment. And it's not like organizing their work like that takes away their ability to be creative.
It's not like when there's a plan, you have to strictly stick to it but at least it's clear where you strayed off of it. It's also easier to make adjustments, explain them and learn.
Flowchart is like the basic of basics for planning projects and in most cases it's enough. If Boda uses this kind of timetable and still they mess up like that and fail at communicating it then they are hopeless. However, it looks like they don't do it and work on the fly, when they have inspiration or when they feel like it. So it may be some kind of solution if they're willing to do it.

There is even an H game about a little studio, which makes H games and that's how they work. They have a schedule for making a game from the start to finish with deadlines for each creative stage. That's work ethic, which Bo Wei and Koda had at the start but seem to have lost along the way. :(

Reactions: Ahryma
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes