RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

TempAccess

Dec 6, 2019
As a long time lurker and fan, I've wanted to put this out there. I'll get blasted for this, but whatever.

The Patreon is for Bo Wei the artist and game designer. While Tower is his most loved and regarded work, the man taking a minute to explore ideas that either are too anachronistic for the ToT to support or focus on other forms of domination a Mistress Boss couldn't be squared with, he has that right.

Patreon is a free choice to support an artist and leave them funds and means to focus on the art. It is not a financial transaction that demands repayment in your preferred form. That would be Kickstarter or a focused Gofundme.

We all have expressed in one way or another the same statement. "Koda, either come through or don't talk. It's just ridiculous now." Unfortunately, the Patreon culture will not support this desire. Would we all like an occasional teaser and radio silence until a content drop from the blue? Yes. Would we accept small patches that expand as long as we have something? Yes. Would we bitch and moan anyway? Most Likely.

As much hate as gets spewed here, and much venom, can we all, at least until the next patch, add something to our complaints? Can we just add, "Sorry to be so angry over this, I love the game, really! My favorite is (insert). Thanks for making it."? Because we do. We love the game, it's surrounding issues that are the problem, not the game.

You wouldn't care if it was just a bad game. Can we please just agree that far? Bo made a great game and we are hungry for whatever he gives us. Koda's updates, when we get them, are welcome advancements to the product. We love the story and are at each other's throats to find out what happens next.

Bo, thanks. I've liked Khulan the most and hope to see more soon.

Punk80954

Jul 2, 2017
As a long time lurker and fan, I've wanted to put this out there. I'll get blasted for this, but whatever.

The Patreon is for Bo Wei the artist and game designer. While Tower is his most loved and regarded work, the man taking a minute to explore ideas that either are too anachronistic for the ToT to support or focus on other forms of domination a Mistress Boss couldn't be squared with, he has that right.

Patreon is a free choice to support an artist and leave them funds and means to focus on the art. It is not a financial transaction that demands repayment in your preferred form. That would be Kickstarter or a focused Gofundme.

We all have expressed in one way or another the same statement. "Koda, either come through or don't talk. It's just ridiculous now." Unfortunately, the Patreon culture will not support this desire. Would we all like an occasional teaser and radio silence until a content drop from the blue? Yes. Would we accept small patches that expand as long as we have something? Yes. Would we bitch and moan anyway? Most Likely.

As much hate as gets spewed here, and much venom, can we all, at least until the next patch, add something to our complaints? Can we just add, "Sorry to be so angry over this, I love the game, really! My favorite is (insert). Thanks for making it."? Because we do. We love the game, it's surrounding issues that are the problem, not the game.

You wouldn't care if it was just a bad game. Can we please just agree that far? Bo made a great game and we are hungry for whatever he gives us. Koda's updates, when we get them, are welcome advancements to the product. We love the story and are at each other's throats to find out what happens next.

Why would I apologize to someone for them lying to me? "Sorry for being mad that you broke a promise Koda, here's my money, keep it up" Don't invalidate your own feelings, if you're pissed someone lied to you, then feel pissed. If you're easily placated by lies and easily manipulated by someone don't force your feelings on them and tell them how to feel.

by the way Yvonne best girl. Believe that.

renzur

Aug 14, 2017
We've said time and time again that the quality of the work is usually great, we just want the shitty ETAs to stop, and to be updated on the progress of Koda's work instead of him just saying soon. The way Koda handles updating the community is terrible, due to the multiple delays in a row.

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
not sure if this is a bug but...when fighting khulan and get a QET the game crashes and i get a message:

''script game interpreter line 1411: NoMethodError occurred

undefined method 'call-time-choice' for
SceneManager: module''
should we report this to koda?
but by doing so we might give him more excuses for delays...tough choice

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018

Just like Bo isn't contractually obligated by the Patreon ToS to deliver anything at all to us, you shouldn't feel obligated to thank him for having made a game that you really like, especially when his means of making such a game are... Morally objectionable.
And let's get a few things straight: The only reason why ToT got the superb reception that it got back when it came out is that there literally weren't any other femdom games like it at the time, it had virtually no competition. So ToT set the bar high in 2017, then it set it a little higher in 2018, but it has done nothing but lower it ever since. These last two years it's fallen upon other devs to do what Bo and Koda used to do themselves, to consistently deliver amazing femdom content. If anyone is interested, Threshold is my all-star, but (our very own) Greycrimson and Tearycian are two very promising newbies who have given us some great stuff so far, and apparently even the legendary Koblas might be making a comeback soon.
Also, please don't assume that everyone complaining about this game right now is as in love with it as you are. We may have really liked at one point, but ToT's development is in such a pathetic state that the only emotions that it elicits from us right now are anger, disappointment and disgust... Hence why discussion in this thread often gets derailed into off-topic territory, why so many other femdom games end up being talked about, and why whenever the mods come to nuke those dicussions to hell and we're forced to talk about ToT again, it's either no one posting at all if we're in radio silence season or everyone becoming pissed and leaving angry comments if it's delay season. Well, guess what, the mods just visited and we're in a really spicy delay season this time, so if you really are a lurker you should've really seen this coming.

Oh, crap, I almost forgot about the little outro.
Bo, thanks for nothing you dirty plagiarist. I like Lily the most, so you better make Koda hurry it up or I'm coming for you both. I would also tell you that I'm looking forward to Kaori and Roxy, but we both know those two are never coming out, so...

Last edited:

TempAccess

Dec 6, 2019
Why would I apologize to someone for them lying to me? "Sorry for being mad that you broke a promise Koda, here's my money, keep it up" Don't invalidate your own feelings, if you're pissed someone lied to you, then feel pissed. If you're easily placated by lies and easily manipulated by someone don't force your feelings on them and tell them how to feel.

by the way Yvonne best girl. Believe that.
It's not so much apologizing as making my case. If this makes it better or worse, i'm not a patron. Most weeks I'm too poor to pay attention after everything else is settled. I'd just wanted my two cents that "Bo, we like your stuff, this hate seems to comes from our desire for more and Koda is acting as a dam preventing content flow for as much as he adds."

Just like Bo isn't contractually obligated by the Patreon ToS to deliver anything at all to us, you shouldn't feel obligated to thank him for having made a game that you really like, especially when his means of making such a game are... Morally objectionable.
And let's get a few things straight: The only reason why ToT got the superb reception that it got back when it came out is that there literally weren't any other femdom games like it at the time, it had virtually no competition. So ToT set the bar high in 2017, then it set it a little higher in 2018, but it has done nothing but lower it ever since. These last two years it's fallen upon other devs to do what Bo and Koda used to do themselves, to consistently deliver amazing femdom content. If anyone is interested, Threshold is my all-star, but (our very own) Greycrimson and Tearycian are two very promising newbies who have given us some great stuff so far, and apparently even the legendary Koblas might be making a comeback soon.
Also, please don't assume that everyone complaining about this game right now is as in love with it as you are. We may have really liked at one point, but ToT's development is in such a pathetic state that the only emotions that it elicits from us right now are anger, disappointment and disgust... Hence why discussion in this thread often gets derailed into off-topic territory, why so many other femdom games end up being talked about, and why whenever the mods come to nuke those dicussions to hell and we're forced to talk about ToT again, it's either no one posting at all if we're in radio silence season or everyone becoming pissed and leaving angry comments if it's delay season. Well, guess what, the mods just visited and we're in a really spicy delay season this time, so if you really are a lurker you should've really seen this coming.

Oh, crap, I almost forgot about the little outro.
Bo, thanks for nothing you dirty plagiarist. I like Lily the most, so you better make Koda hurry it up or I'm coming for you both. I would also tell you that I'm looking forward to Kaori and Roxy, but we both know those two are never coming out, so...
Your right, and I am sorry. I'd realized how this sounded and kind of regretted the moment after post, but taking it down just felt disingenuous too. You are correct and it's made watching this fall harder. That said, I've found the digressing game topics fun too as they tend to be good quality. I'll get off my soapbox with two last notes.

Yvonne was a close second for me, Kaori doesn't seem to be my taste but I'll be happy if I'm wrong, and if your looking for a distraction, the Translation board just finished a Machine+ of Your Sweet House, Succubus Mama and Eldritch. If we can't rely on new materials, maybe we can fund translators of other, existing stuff?

renzur

Aug 14, 2017
It's not so much apologizing as making my case. If this makes it better or worse, i'm not a patron. Most weeks I'm too poor to pay attention after everything else is settled. I'd just wanted my two cents that "Bo, we like your stuff, this hate seems to comes from our desire for more and Koda is acting as a dam preventing content flow for as much as he adds."

Your right, and I am sorry. I'd realized how this sounded and kind of regretted the moment after post, but taking it down just felt disingenuous too. You are correct and it's made watching this fall harder. That said, I've found the digressing game topics fun too as they tend to be good quality. I'll get off my soapbox with two last notes.

Yvonne was a close second for me, Kaori doesn't seem to be my taste but I'll be happy if I'm wrong, and if your looking for a distraction, the Translation board just finished a Machine+ of Your Sweet House, Succubus Mama and Eldritch. If we can't rely on new materials, maybe we can fund translators of other, existing stuff?
I loved Yvonne's content, while it was a bit on the edge of being hardcore femdom. The boot licking scenes did get tedious af, but I enjoyed most of the dialogue and battles with her.

gmodking666

Apr 14, 2020
I've been keeping track of ToT since 1.8
Due to it being an indie game plus a bet of 100 quid, I was to take a shot of vodka for every update delay until f7 was released.
I have realised that I am going to die of alcohol poisoning.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes