VN Ren'Py Abandoned Town Affairs [v0.3.2 Bugfix] [Narz]

1.30 star(s) 7 Votes

Kinice

Oct 13, 2019
So the best scene of the 0.3.2 update is bugged and doesn't work... What a shame :ROFLMAO:.

But that's ok i'll wait because the games looks very promising (love the mom and the aunt more content please)

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
The fix didn't solve the issue for me, the divider is still not clickable and I get stuck at the end of the photoshot.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Just finished playing this last night... The premise is great but there are a lot of fatal flaws preventing this game from gaining any traction. There's of course the terrible grammar but we'll leave that alone. The game flow is awful, there are a lot of time-restricted events that really have no reason to be, creating redundant gameplay loops if you don't look at the script in order to do things in the optimal order. There are events that need to trigger on the same day of the week with absolutely nothing to do in the intervening time, requiring you to skip a whole week forward. You can't have time restricted events that also rely on variable thresholds for 90% of your gameplay loop unless it's a really tight experience, which this is not.

Having a bunch of deadspace in your game is awful design, it will turn away people who have no idea about the inner workings of Ren'py after they bash their head on a wall for a few hours, and people who do know how it works will not want to waste their time with you messy scripts. Your thresholding and time-gating needs to result in a natural gameflow or gameplay loop. The core concept is solid however.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
This bug...

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'shop_changing_room_thalia_00'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Anonimous\Documents\F95ZONE\TOWN AFFAIRS\TownAffairs-0.3.2-bugfix-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Anonimous\Documents\F95ZONE\TOWN AFFAIRS\TownAffairs-0.3.2-bugfix-win\renpy\main.py", line 529, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Anonimous\Documents\F95ZONE\TOWN AFFAIRS\TownAffairs-0.3.2-bugfix-win\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Anonimous\Documents\F95ZONE\TOWN AFFAIRS\TownAffairs-0.3.2-bugfix-win\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "script.rpyc", line 12201, in script
File "C:\Users\Anonimous\Documents\F95ZONE\TOWN AFFAIRS\TownAffairs-0.3.2-bugfix-win\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'shop_changing_room_thalia_00'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Town Affairs 0.3.2-bugfix
Fri Oct 16 18:21:04 2020
Here's my script file, I made a bunch of small improvements, can't remember what exactly I did but I'm pretty sure I fixed that bug with the changing room.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Thicc
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Looks to be abandoned. No Patreon update since October...

1.30 star(s) 7 Votes