2.30 star(s) 114 Votes

lordofevilcr

Donor
Oct 15, 2017
I really don;t understand people that would support this kind of story paying monthly for years only to be changed to this and or then abandoned
I supported the game in the early days, but stopped because I saw coming where his crappy attitude was taking the game. The dev can't take any criticism. I even engaged with the dev to try and fix grammar/spelling/story issues very early in development, and spent time fixing it after receiving script files. However, they just trashed my changes and said it was easier to pay for a Grammarly subscription.

Similar story with the new game (Void Divers) and the rewrite of this game. I don't think his subscribers were in favour of him adding another game AND doing a sandbox rework, but he still ploughed on regardless.

Other subscribers are probably bad at taking their losses and keep subscribed hoping that one day they'll get some content they like...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm confused. From his Subscribestar:
Teachers Pet: The Class Next Door (TP: TCND) is transitioning into The Class Next Door: EX (TCND: EX)

Since day one, I have been saying that " Eventually, I will be changing the game mechanics to make it a free-roam experience with repeatable events."

"Eventually" has arrived; TCND: EX is the sandbox version of my game.
I must have missed — on "day one" — where the dev said that it would definitely transition into a sandbox game.
It is not a new game with the same characters; you can consider it a new season with many game-play changes.

Other works:
The story:
TCND: EX takes off after the events in TP: TCND.

The MC is summoned back to where the story started; he learns that he has been there before, but things didn't go well, and he has been brought back to try again.

But there is a catch; the MC doesn't remember most of what happened during TP: TCND.

He only knows that something is wrong with his ex-wife.

The MC cannot remember what happened or the people he met during his first try, but now he can jump between parallel timelines. He can remember what happens in each of the new timelines, but his feelings and mindset change every time he jumps.

He turns into the version of himself living the given timeline.
So you're supposed to play TP: TCND first and then start TCND: EX? Obviously you can't load anything from TP: TCND with the completely overhauled sandbox game. I don't have a problem with sandbox generally, but everything effectively starting over at this point isn't great. I guess in a way I'm actually kind of happy I played through v0.25.1 before. If I were picking this up after TCND: EX were finished, the story-lover in me would want to play it all from the beginning, and the gamer in me would get extremely frustrated to run through everything in VN-mode only to then restart basically the same thing but in sandbox-mode. At least I don't have to play through VN mode still in order to get a fuller picture.

Last edited:

Ronoc19

Mar 3, 2018
Jesus... this is the worst destruction of a functioning game I've ever seen.... The Dev is completely clueless. Recommend giving this a miss, unless you like clicking on cogs endlessly, the game not progressing at all, having to spend most of everyday doing a random drive in your car just to get to the point the MC can go to sleep hoping something moves on in the stiry the next day. Worst sandbox ever made, ever, in history..

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
you blinked or didn't read fineprint. :p

ex isn't sequel to exless, more like same game in new platform.
I know it's not meant to be a sequel. What I was referring to was the whole "Since day one" statement. I'm pretty sure that claim was never in place from the very beginning. It may have been made at some point later — even relatively early on — but I don't remember seeing "You'll play as a VN and then have to start all over after 22 episodes" anywhere. Is it sort of like a Groundhog Day poorly done or something? Hard to tell what the intent is with this:
"The MC is summoned back to where the story started; he learns that he has been there before, but things didn't go well, and he has been brought back to try again."

I probably wouldn't call his failure to remember a "twist" really, as 9thCrux says, but whatever. Although it's not a sequel I just feel like at this point it might be better to treat it as one — play the VN part, then start the sandbox part and then . . . what, try to see differences in the story / characters? I'm trying to wrap my head around how the dev is thinking players would ideally understand and continue with the game. Confusing, to say the least.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
not 22 episodes, i think last exless was well under 20 aka numbers not making sense.

won't touch this pos.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
not 22 episodes, i think last exless was well under 20 aka numbers not making sense.
Well, it doesn't technically matter, but it actually was 22 episodes according to 9thCrux himself.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
won't touch this pos.
I don't blame you. I probably will because I'm not bothered by this type of stuff as much as I know a lot of people are. But that doesn't alter my opinion that (1) I think the change was foolish, unnecessary, and dumb; (2) the "plot" going forward makes even less sense now than it did(n't) already before; and (3) I can't imagine any but a super-tiny niche would want — let alone even be willing — to play something that switches basic gameplay like this while simultaneously trying to throw a "plot twist" that makes no sense. It's definitely one method of whittling away most if not all of any fan base you might have.

seekerjf

Mar 10, 2018
If they were going to switch to such and empty sandbox, the least they could do was provide hints or a full in-game guide to events. I don't know how to trigger anything and most of the buttons don't do anything.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
If they were going to switch to such and empty sandbox, the least they could do was provide hints or a full in-game guide to events. I don't know how to trigger anything and most of the buttons don't do anything.
pic guide was posted some pages ago.

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
I remember the part where Darria got her car and started to cry. She finally realized that she found some good friends. We met her parents and they told us the back story on her that was some awesome stuff...now this! What a bummer!!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I remember the part where Darria got her car and started to cry. She finally realized that she found some good friends. We met her parents and they told us the back story on her that was some awesome stuff...now this! What a bummer!!
That's actually been one of the more frustrating things for me with this game, even from the beginning. There are glimmers of deeper, moving storylines that are clouded by wordy dialog and stagnating plot. The Daria backstory and development could be amazing. The collapse of the MC's marriage could be emotional. Amy's struggle to become what she wants against her parents' expectations could be a huge boost to her character. There are way too many could-bes and not nearly enough of them executed effectively.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Great, new sandbox navigation sucks, there's no hover over indicator of where you're going to go, there's no indicator of what room you need to go to in order to change/advance.

Finished first day of classes, went home, no clue what to do where. I think I was supposed to go back to the hotel and not the house if I remember the original iteration, but nothing told me that when I tried to go home.

This is going to take a TON of work on the DEV's part to make a USEFUL sandbox instead of just throwing the player to the sandbox with no clue what to do. (Yes, I went back and found the photo guide, it's not helpful because it just tells you where it's going to go without actually telling you why you might go there and when.)

See you in 4 or 5 releases from now to see where things go.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I need the new update for Android pls
If there's an official Android version of this newest release, you can go to the OP and use Report on that post. Then choose "Game Update" from the options that come up, and finally in the text box say that you would like the latest version in Android. My understanding, however, is that sandbox is very hard to get working properly on mobile, so I'd be surprised if TCND: EX will ever even get an official Android version. Normally, you could try to request someone on the site create a port of the game for you, but again, given the problems mobile devices generally have with sandbox I would assume nobody will convert it for you.

2.30 star(s) 114 Votes