Comics Collection Tracy Scops Collection [2021-12-09] [Tracy Scops]

joepe

Jan 15, 2018
I finally found a program that allows me to extract images from PDFs in PNG format. Nearly all the comics are good except for Fevered Feline Figments. For whatever reason, that particular comic rip corrupted 78 byte PNGs. It's weird.
Try pdfimages if you're on a unix system. It can extract images in their native format, speaking of.. As far as I'm aware the images are jpgs, i.e. already compressed, you gain nothing by converting them to png.

Edit:
I'm currently in the process of converting the pdfs to cbr files. I can upload them later if there is any interest.

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
Try pdfimages if you're on a unix system. It can extract images in their native format, speaking of.. As far as I'm aware the images are jpgs, i.e. already compressed, you gain nothing by converting them to png.

Edit:
I'm currently in the process of converting the pdfs to cbr files. I can upload them later if there is any interest.
Two things: First, if the images are already in JPG format, why compress them any further by extracting them as JPGs? Second, If you are in the process of converting the PDFs to CBRs, I would be one of at least a few people who would definitely be interested in a upload. I guess I forgot to mention the program I found for extracting images from PDF files is offline, meaning I don't have to deal with uploading the PDFs to a server somewhere for random Joe Schmoes to see while converting.

joepe

Jan 15, 2018
Two things: First, if the images are already in JPG format, why compress them any further by extracting them as JPGs? Second, If you are in the process of converting the PDFs to CBRs, I would be one of at least a few people who would definitely be interested in a upload. I guess I forgot to mention the program I found for extracting images from PDF files is offline.
That's the nice thing with pdfimages. It can extracted the images as-is, it doesn't convert the images any further, what you get is the files that were put in the pdf to begin with.

It just finished actually. I scripted most of so just have to check that there were no issues. Will upload if everything looks good :)

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
Thank you for the CBR files. joepe, is there a difference between the archive MissouriViking posted and the archive you posted? I ask because MissouriViking's archive is 1.83 GB while yours is 1.76 GB. I just want to verify nothing is missing from the archive you posted.

joepe

Jan 15, 2018
Thank you for the CBR files. joepe, is there a difference between the archive MissouriViking posted and the archive you posted? I ask because MissouriViking's archive is 1.83 GB while yours is 1.76 GB. I just want to verify nothing is missing from the archive you posted.
The images themselves should be the same. I did strip all metadata from them though. That and there could be some bytes saved by the rar compression I suppose. Worst case, some images were dropped. The entire conversion was automated in the end and I haven't gone through every single page so I can't be sure.

Edit:
So I check several archives. All images are there but each cbr is roughly 300-400KB smaller than the original pdfs. There are 188 comics in total so: 350*188=65800KB~=0,0658GB which roughly makes up for the size difference.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
Nearly all of the comics should have 11-12 pages each, with a few having 15-16. The very last page is usually just a filler page with the Patreon website and the different comic book covers on it, completely unnecessary as far as I'm concerned.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i wonder if ts will get eternals mixed in since there's mutants vs eternals event going on.

HAF222

Oct 11, 2020
i wonder if ts will get eternals mixed in since there's mutants vs eternals event going on.
That won't be for quite a while (plus looking at the Tracyverse timeline, Eternals would've been introduced. But of course since we're onto the Multiverse storyline, that plan has been shelved).