Wolf RPG None [Translate Begging ]THE HEART OF DARKNESS Souls like game(MEGA DOWNLOAD)

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
While this might not help much since you already found one of the solution, I'll still share some of my experience regarding the game.dat problem after recompilation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
The game was made in the Japanese version of WolfRPG Editor. If you're editing it in the English version then I don't know what else will cause issues / change. There is definitely a bug in the way the Japanese version of WolfRPG Editor was compiling it, as I said in my post.

The SHA-256 hash showed technically 3 files changed, but it was the Game.dat file causing issues. I reproduced it multiple times, it is definitely the issue at hand.

If you figured out another way to make it work, cool, but like I said, it doesn't matter.

1. I'm waiting on DreamSavior to finish his new engine.
2. I have it working for the third time.

Edit:

I'm not trying to be an ass about it. It's just annoying to me to beat a dead horse when the problem is solved.

Last edited:

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
The game was made in the Japanese version of WolfRPG Editor. If you're editing it in the English version then I don't know what else will cause issues / change. There is definitely a bug in the way the Japanese version of WolfRPG Editor was compiling it, as I said in my post.

The SHA-256 hash showed technically 3 files changed, but it was the Game.dat file causing issues. I reproduced it multiple times, it is definitely the issue at hand.

If you figured out another way to make it work, cool, but like I said, it doesn't matter.

1. I'm waiting on DreamSavior to finish his new engine.
2. I have it working for the third time.
That was just sharing something I experienced, in case of a workaround. I never meant to tell you what you need to do. Sorry if I offended you.

Reactions: anyone

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
Btw there's something I've been meaning to ask since I began playing the game and then looking at the extracted pictures. I'm not proficient enough with RPG Maker but usually, the picture's resolution should be the same as the game's default resolution, as seen for example in this hgame
Although the one with this game seems to be bigger
Pressing F4 will just create pixellation in the picture, which is personally not good for my eyes. I wanted to look for a way to make the game's resolution the same as the picture's resolution in the Data folder but that only result in crashing the game (since I tried to modify it through the game settings). Anyone got some solution to manually modify the screen size?

EDIT: Ah nvm. Found the solution, although I'll need to double size every images in the game or manually modify the zoom value of each image for it to display correctly on higher resolution.

Last edited:

fren lim

Mar 26, 2018
can someone rar the translated one i got error went use translate++ or wolfeditor i dont know how to use one and i already try and not working. clicking it not do anything.

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
Well, unless you say what error it is... I don't think anyone can help you.
Oh! Sorry forgot about that haha. When i use the translation, and start the game, there is an error that says ''cannot locate basic info data'' (c:/heart of darkness/data/BasicData/game.dat)

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...there is an error that says ''cannot locate basic info data'' (c:/heart of darkness/data/BasicData/game.dat)
With a Wolf game the game.dat error usually means there's something it doesn't like in the games file address. It's too long or there's some special character in it like a è or something. Or it isn't on the c: drive.

If the game doesn't need Japanese locale (so your not using it) and the game folder is in Japanese that can do it.

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
1595931572922.png
Here it is. I tried both with japanese locale and witout it and its the same. The game works if i use it with japanese locale without the machine translation, but if i use it this error always appears.

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
View attachment 749128
Here it is. I tried both with japanese locale and witout it and its the same. The game works if i use it with japanese locale without the machine translation, but if i use it this error always appears.
Do you have Wolf RPG Editor? If not, try downloading it . Backup the game and then copy the 'Game.exe' file that is inside the Wolf RPG Editor's folder to the game's folder and overwrite the current 'Game.exe' of the game. Now launch the game and see.

Reactions: EddyGordo

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
Do you have Wolf RPG Editor? If not, try downloading it . Backup the game and then copy the 'Game.exe' file that is inside the Wolf RPG Editor's folder to the game's folder and overwrite the current 'Game.exe' of the game. Now launch the game and see.
It worked, thanks!

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
The patch seems to downgrade the 1.2.1 game to 1.0.5, guess the games exe doesn't like that?